Jun 9, 2020
Ooooh, these CGs look pretty goo-

*Sees futa

I'ma just back out of this thread real slow now. No sudden movements.

In all seriousness, I'm completely lost where subscribing/ignoring tags are concerned. I remember subscribing to the pregnancy tag at one point, probably when I set my account up, but I can't for the life of me find how to edit subscriptions or to ignore tags. I'm either completely blind to not see these settings under my account settings, or have the IQ of a blind worm fossilized in prehistoric amber that disappointed some eager genetic scientist on Isla Nubla to not know how to edit these things.
Dude cmon. I don't like futa aswell but thats like 1/30 of every scene of this game. You really gonna ignore the other 29/30 for one thing you don't like?

This is why I don't blacklist tags because I might miss something I would've liked (except for necrophilia and scat, That's fucking disgusting).
Nevertheless, you do you.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
It kinda does, but I feel like it might be their way of trying to encourage people to do 'themed' teams, I guess? If boost-stacking wasn't powerful you'd probably just make a team of generically strong units rather than say, team all-ice or all-electric. I might try going for a wraith team at some point though, just for flavor. (At the moment I have Elea running all-undead)

While you're here, do you know what the Law/Chaos point thresholds for the various tactica unlocks are? I'm sitting at 32/13 in chapter 4, so I'll probably be mostly focusing on law from here on to at least make sure I hit high enough in that. Pretty sure in Frontier it was technically possible to unlock every point-based way in a single playthrough but again, dunno with this. Basically no information I can see anywhere, at least in English.

Also, is there a difference between Command Division and Squad Boost? They seem to be worded basically the same and as far as I can tell a single division and a squad are the same thing. From the other Command: X skills I might theorize it's a %age increase rather than a static buff like Boost is, but it doesn't mention that in the description. On the other hand, the translation is a bit spotty in a few parts. For instance the Dragon Summoner's tactical skill is called "Salmon Dragon" when I'm preeeettttyy sure it should be "Summon Dragon", lol.
The unlocks are based on Law or Chaos or a combined total (ex. Holy and Spirit are unlocked by 1 Law or 2 total, Undead and Yamato are unlocked by 1 Chaos or 2 total, and Giant is only unlocked by 5 total). At your numbers, your next unlocks are at 55 total for Berserker, 45 Law for God, and 65 total for Emperor. See this post for all Tactica unlocks.

All Command skills are percentage boosts. All Boost skills are flat boosts. Command Division is the universal Command skill just like Squad Boost is the universal Boost skill.

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
The unlocks are based on Law or Chaos or a combined total (ex. Holy and Spirit are unlocked by 1 Law or 2 total, Undead and Yamato are unlocked by 1 Chaos or 2 total, and Giant is only unlocked by 5 total). At your numbers, your next unlocks are at 55 total for Berserker, 45 Law for God, and 65 total for Emperor. See this post for all Tactica unlocks.

All Command skills are percentage boosts. All Boost skills are flat boosts. Command Division is the universal Command skill just like Squad Boost is the universal Boost skill.
Ooh, that's very useful. That also makes Command Squad probably a medallion I'm going to want to throw onto everything I have the room for. Also, what are the various "Ping" and "Shatter" noises I sometimes hear when selecting routes? Do they indicate affection increases or progress toward some hidden variable?

Through observation, yes, affection increases.

As far as story goes, is there a suggested route order, or something that should be saved for last( Aside from true routes obviously, but should I go like... Law -> Chaos -> True Chaos -> True Law?)

Last edited:

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Ooh, that's very useful. That also makes Command Squad probably a medallion I'm going to want to throw onto everything I have the room for. Also, what are the various "Ping" and "Shatter" noises I sometimes hear when selecting routes? Do they indicate affection increases or progress toward some hidden variable?

Through observation, yes, affection increases.

As far as story goes, is there a suggested route order, or something that should be saved for last( Aside from true routes obviously, but should I go like... Law -> Chaos -> True Chaos -> True Law?)
There isn't an official or community suggested route order afaik, but my personal suggestion is Law first. This is based on my experience with Hypno, which may not be the same as Hollow. The Law route has more title unlocks for commander units, and grants Leon a more useful endgame form in the long run. NG Law is also easier than NG Chaos. You can't go for True/Anora/Another Law on NG (unless Hollow changed that), so that may also influence your decision.

Last edited:

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
There isn't an official or community suggested route order afaik, but my personal suggestion is Law first. This is based on my experience with Hypno, which may not be the same as Hollow. The Law route has more title unlocks for commander units, and grants Leon a more useful endgame form in the long run. NG Law is also easier than NG Chaos. You can't go for True/Anora/Another Law on NG (unless Hollow changed that), so that may also influence your decision.
The only requirement the guide you pointed to lists is that Law has to be 50 or above and Sylvia and Anora need more than 8 affection each for Law, nothing about it requiring a basic start. I wonder if I'll end up accidentally doing True Law without doing basic Law first.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Leon is present for all important story points and most H scenes, but I'm pretty sure the entire game is in third-person. He's also not around for introductory scenes and several conversations involving Dark Lords and their subordinates.
Thanks for the info. Is he there for all the tentacle h-scenes?

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
From what I can gather, it nullifies passive skills starting from the top down. So for instance, that creature would lose M-lightning field, wild fang, and counter amp.

maxdrell

Jun 7, 2017
if you talking about the sub-commanders for each of the dark lords then yes but not many each has around 2 to 3 one of them is the ending as if you don't corrupt the dark lords both they and their sub-commander each get a different ending if you have 6 affection or more.

there is also one near the end of their route on around 5 affection.

some have a third which I believe was added in for the international version of the game from what I have seen whall playing the ones with the extra seans are Ayame and Liese for the sub-commanders.
I was meaning more like the minor commanders that you chuck into prison, like the sword smith on the eastern route or the undead princess on the northern route.

ndbl1992

Dec 21, 2018
From what I can gather, it nullifies passive skills starting from the top down. So for instance, that creature would lose M-lightning field, wild fang, and counter amp.
So this skill nullifies passive skills of enemy target that this unit attack ?

Perveckt

Jun 18, 2020
Do units need deployed to gain exp? If yes is there any reason to not just make a bunch of shit divisions and have them sit on your main base?

Veneficae

Apr 12, 2019
Didn't there use to be a wiki with a heap load of info on the game back when it came out in Japan? Did the wikia purge affect that or was it on a different wiki website?

Anyways, anyone know what signifies a wraith unit in the unit info screen?

Last edited:

kirto12

Jul 15, 2017
Do units need deployed to gain exp? If yes is there any reason to not just make a bunch of shit divisions and have them sit on your main base?
from what I have played all recruited units get the passive XP gain from the military internal affairs skill and don't need to be deployed.

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017
is there a different limit for the growth class like in frontier?? like SS growth has a high level cap than A growth?

Perveckt

Jun 18, 2020
I saw earlier in the thread that there was no need to cheat the battle system, does that effectively mean that the mission rank system is only for bragging rights and doesn't affect any of the scenes?

kirto12

Jul 15, 2017
I saw earlier in the thread that there was no need to cheat the battle system, does that effectively mean that the mission rank system is only for bragging rights and doesn't affect any of the scenes?
from what I know the mission rank doesn't affect scenes all it really uses is affect the rewards for completing a mission.

but the lowest rank I have gotten is A so I cart say for shore but it likely doesn't affect any of the scenes.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Mission rank is purely for item and material rewards. It does not affect story or scenes.
is there a different limit for the growth class like in frontier?? like SS growth has a high level cap than A growth?
Unless something changed between Hypno and Hollow, the level caps should operate similarly to Frontier.
Didn't there use to be a wiki with a heap load of info on the game back when it came out in Japan? Did the wikia purge affect that or was it on a different wiki website?

Anyways, anyone know what signifies a wraith unit in the unit info screen?
There is a for Hypno you can translate.
Units passively gain experience from your Internal Affairs Military stat every turn once they've been recruited, regardless of if they're deployed. You don't even need to put them in a division, though you want to do so anyway so they can contribute to Internal Affairs. Combat experience is shared equally among all participants; non-participants gain nothing.
So this skill nullifies passive skills of enemy target that this unit attack ?
Fool's Lie completely nullifies the first x natural skills the enemy has, where x is the skill level of Fool's Lie. If both sides have it, then the higher skill level nullifies the difference (ex. your Fool's Lie 2 vs enemy's Fool's Lie 4 = all units in your division lose their first 2 skills).

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes