desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I'm trying to make sense of the japanese wiki google translated. Are the titles for commanders only unlockable on friendship paths?

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
I'm trying to make sense of the japanese wiki google translated. Are the titles for commanders only unlockable on friendship paths?
Likely, yes. They get something else for training (awakening.) Entirely new units as opposed to buffing what they have.

test011

Jan 10, 2018
Out of curiosity, I started NG Hard and went to Necrograd first without Yamato Amanojaku (who has Fool's Lie 1 and All Null). Limited unit selection really does hurt for the first encounter. By the second encounter, you are practically guaranteed to be able to recruit Amanojaku (8 Chaos or 12 total for Demon Tactica).
Congratulations man, now at least i know its doable.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Yes, for Noel, Judecca, and the Dark Lord trio + direct subordinates. Leon and Sylvia get titles on Law route. Kalvia and Celias get titles on Chaos route. Anora gets the same titles on both routes.

Sub-commanders like Satsuki and Meiko get their titles via clearing either the Law or Chaos route, depending on which alignment each unit leans towards. Each has only one title, and you grant them by choosing Personnel in the War Council event. Luseli counts as a sub-commander. Bonus units either come with titles or are unlocked by higher tier completions (like Thanatos difficulty).

Reactions: desmosome

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Congratulations man, now at least i know its doable.
Important note for hard difficulty. Levels scale every 5 turns to a maximum of +50, so it's important you plan out your turns (especially recruitment) in advance. You should be recruiting useful units as soon as possible and building teams tailored to each area of the game. If you find yourself stuck often and waiting to recruit or train up a new unit, the level scaling will snowball out of control eventually.

I wouldn't keep trying it unless you are very comfortable with game mechanics. I've noticed that Normal difficulty has a way of introducing new challenges without almost hard-walling you if you didn't happen to recruit the right unit(s) earlier.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Yes, for Noel, Judecca, and the Dark Lord trio + direct subordinates. Leon and Sylvia get titles on Law route. Kalvia and Celias get titles on Chaos route. Anora gets the same titles on both routes.

Sub-commanders like Satsuki and Meiko get their titles via clearing either the Law or Chaos route, depending on which alignment each unit leans towards. Each has only one title, and you grant them by choosing Personnel in the War Council event. Luseli counts as a sub-commander. Bonus units either come with titles or are unlocked by higher tier completions (like Thanatos difficulty).
Damn I guess going law route first would have been ideal. What about the awakened versions from chaos route? Do they carry over into NG+ and can you put titles on awakened commanders?

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
Important note for hard difficulty. Levels scale every 5 turns to a maximum of +50, so it's important you plan out your turns (especially recruitment) in advance. You should be recruiting useful units as soon as possible and building teams tailored to each area of the game. If you find yourself stuck often and waiting to recruit or train up a new unit, the level scaling will snowball out of control eventually.

I wouldn't keep trying it unless you are very comfortable with game mechanics. I've noticed that Normal difficulty has a way of introducing new challenges without almost hard-walling you if you didn't happen to recruit the right unit(s) earlier.
I've mostly been steamrolling Normal, but again I actually played through *most* of Frontier (well, one route. I didn't actually complete it 'nor did I do Chaos.)

S++ on every level except the third. I've taken out quite a few places with turns to spare for S++ rank, too.

ndbl1992

Dec 21, 2018
In chapter 8 Chaos route - Selection of a Sacrifice, how to view the scenes in first choice "How about I sacrifice you" ? Do I need to I need to choose "I want to make Anora happy" in mission The Zodiac's Guidance in chapter 4 ?
Chapter8.PNG

test011

Jan 10, 2018

You know what, after some deliberations i decided that i wont abuse myself with playing hard mode on first run again.
Sometimes its just better to stay as a filthy casual.

Perveckt

Jun 18, 2020
am i just totally missing something or is there no way to search for skills/traits in the recruit screen? I'm getting to the point that it would be a massive time saver if that could be done.

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
am i just totally missing something or is there no way to search for skills/traits in the recruit screen? I'm getting to the point that it would be a massive time saver if that could be done.
There is indeed none. Which kinda really sucks yeah. The weird thing is that we DO have one for searching through units you've already recruited.

I guess you could kind of work around it by having a cheat save with every unit recruited without a title or equipment, although it'd be a pain in the ass.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Damn I guess going law route first would have been ideal. What about the awakened versions from chaos route? Do they carry over into NG+ and can you put titles on awakened commanders?
Yes and yes. You get to choose which forms you want to carry over at the end of a playthrough, either keeping a commander in a specific form or reverting them to default and allowing the story to change them. Titles and forms are separate, and the most powerful versions of all commanders combine both (except Noel, the poor doggo).

You didn't really lose anything by going Chaos first. Titles generally offer flexibility and allow a unit to fill more roles or specialize. Awakenings are straight upgrades. You eventually want both if you're going to tackle higher difficulties.

Reactions: desmosome

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
Yes and yes. You get to choose which forms you want to carry over at the end of a playthrough, either keeping a commander in a specific form or reverting them to default and allowing the story to change them. Titles and forms are separate, and the most powerful versions of all commanders combine both (except Noel, the poor doggo).

You didn't really lose anything by going Chaos first. Titles generally offer flexibility and allow a unit to fill more roles or specialize. Awakenings are straight upgrades. You eventually want both if you're going to tackle higher difficulties.
Tsubaki's Attack 2 + Critical Boost upgrade is fucking nuts. She's going up to 500ATK and one-shotting entire squads including the defenders.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
ive been playing for hours and havent come across a single sex scene
Did you accidentally change the All Ages setting when starting NG? The first sex scene is literally immediately after the first strategy mission. The rest depend on when you do events, but you generally get at least a few per chapter, and usually multiple at a time.

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes