desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I have tested this, yes. When I gave a protected division Range Null so that Vanguard's Honor would activate, the enemy then attacked the Vanguard division with that Ranged Attack notice popping up near their attacker.

Ranged Null is excruciatingly rare. In fact, I hired every single unit (locked my currency values with Cheat Engine - a lot more effort than it should have taken, but was worth it) specifically so I could search through their skills and types to compose my NG+ teams. When I was looking for Ranged Null, it was nearly exclusive to Division Leader skills, and there was only about one row of units displayed that even had it at all.

The highest tier of Shields has one shield (that you can only have 1 of!) that gives Ranged Null. The third highest tier of Vestments also has one with Ranged Null (you can have up to 3 of these). Those are the only sources of it that I recall aside from Division Leader skills. I did not find any Tactica that give Ranged Null (and I have them all).

To be completely frank, it is impossible to have more than one full battalion (1 from shield, 2 from vestment = 3 divisions, 1 vestment left over) covered by Ranged Null from non-Leader Skill sources. I believe there may have been just enough units with it as a Leader Skill to make an additional 8 or so divisions with it, for a total of 12 (which is enough). That said, I do not yet have a fair number of the unlockable unique units, some of which may have Ranged Null.

To add, Flank Null is in a similar boat (rare, found mostly in Division Leader skills, and 5 pieces of equipment).

And to be fair, this is a good thing. Perfect Vanguard's Honor across four battalions of three divisions each would be insanely overpowered.
Keep in mind that you don't need ranged or flank null on the VH party. If you place a decoy in front of a tank, they will always get blocked. You just need all the AOE nulls and sustain.

With those ranged/flank null items, I guess you could set up 2 battalions. Then you could set up a third one with some unit skills. That should be good enough.

Darkhells

Oct 23, 2018
* is now available.

Direct Download:

##############################
■Patch Notes:

[Ver.1.04]

・When a heroine is awakened, the pop up message will display program language. This has been fixed (JP version)
・Fixed a bug where you can no longer delete the words written in the search bar for units.
・Fixed a bug where the tactical skills that target entire batallions would have their effects end halfway through.
・After Tsubaki leaves during a specific event, a bug may occur where you are unable to use her in a squad after entering New Game +. This has been fixed.
・Fixed a bug where Fairy Liese's CGs may not register properly in the Extras menu after being unlocked.
・Fixed a bug where the skill 'Strat Barrier' was not functioning properly.
・When choosing Race-limited mode, instead of entire squads, only units that are not part of the chosen race will be removed from your divisions, equipment included.
・Under very specific circumstances, certain characters changing forms will cause the game to crash. This bug has been fixed. (If the unit is not in a fixed form for New Game +, and you bring Awakened Sylvia into the law route, for example)
・Fixed a bug where there was an enemy base that could not be invaded from the Stygian Sludge on Ishta's SRPG map Stage.

##############################

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
ShinV, do you happen to know if there's a difference between Boost and Command skills? I always just assumed Squad Boost does what Command Division seems do based on its tooltip. Also wondering if Stat Formation skills affect the entire division or just the lone unit. If you have the answers to these two things, I'd appreciate it.
Boost skills are flat additions; Command skills are percentage boosts. Formation skills are division-wide flat additions like Boost skills.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vanndril

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
Boost skills are flat additions; Command skills are percentage boosts. Formation skills are division-wide flat additions like Boost skills.
Wait, formation skills are division wide? That makes them a lot better than I thought they were, though still unsure if they're actually any good due to only buffing the one stat (and falling apart if 3 people die). On the other hand if you have a strong defense setup then attack formation is basically the same as squad boost.

I was kinda thinking that might be the case, but man, the skill explanations in this game are garbage.
Also Godly Physique is way too expensive on titles.

Reactions: Vanndril

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
So I took the time to retest Vanguard's Honor even more carefully (with great amounts of time and effort) and can confirm that it works exactly as desmosome says it does in this post. No idea what happened during initial testing, but in hindsight maybe it wasn't daytime? Only explanation I can think of. It's weird since I wrote down that FD was guarded by slot 1, so not sure how that happened.

Anyway, I found an excerpt on the that confirms the above and goes into greater detail about stuff I didn't have the units to properly test against.
  • Skills are always directed towards the opposing division (D1 vs eD1, D2 vs eD2, D3 vs eD3; no idea what happens if a division has no opposition) regardless of Vanguard's Honor, meaning it does not redirect Shelling/Blast/Field/Sap skills or Force skills.
  • Range Null does not work on Dimension Slash, meaning you still need to prepare Evade decoys.
Eventually, all divisions will want Cross/Surround Null to deal with the dreaded "Dimension Cross" combo, which is apparently common enough that the wiki specifically warns about it. RIP the unbeatable dream battalion I guess. No reason not to make one anyway just to steamroll everything that can't deal with it though.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I love how this game lets you scale to insane levels with the later unlocks, but also gives you matching enemies in higher difficulties to challenge those teams.

I've played VBF up to Nidhogg 3 before I got bored and man that was some of the best gameplay experience I've had, maybe even when considering non-H games.

Blanaic

Apr 4, 2020
my antimalware sees this as a virus, anybody got explanation?
Edit: resolved this with a quick search. It's apparently a false positive which is only found with the antivirus I use, which is norton. Sonar Hueristic 170. I checked a few sources. If anybody else knows more about it, please tell. For now I'll just consider it safe.

Last edited:

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
I love how this game lets you scale to insane levels with the later unlocks, but also gives you matching enemies in higher difficulties to challenge those teams.

I've played VBF up to Nidhogg 3 before I got bored and man that was some of the best gameplay experience I've had, maybe even when considering non-H games.
I just wish there was story content for that stuff, like bonus chapters or exclusive scenes.

qwertdewq

Aug 2, 2018
Hey. Here again. Tried to find and couldn't. Can someone please point me in a direction of some guide explaining units in detail please or answer some questions?

I guess that icon next to creature level is their class(?), so does it give anything special or is it there to find characters easier to fill in? Like guardians tanking damage maybe fighters have some damage boost or something?

Does creature type means anything in itself or is it only there to know who can deal more damage to them having slay with their type? looking at goblin smith I saw Mechanical boost skill. Is mechanical a type and if so how can i tell?

What is the order in which i choose my creatures? The way i got it is first i choose commander, then fill in slots by looking at their class and race and then i look at theirs stats and skills. Is it about right?

When recruiting I can alter creatures by removing their yellow passive skills and tactical skill and boosting their main stats. Why are yellow passives yellow? Do they only apply to if creature is a commander? About tactical skills in tutorial it said that i should be careful with them and i can't spam them, so does it mean that if i dislike particular tactical skill i should opt for stat boost?

And lastly what is a leader link? I tried to press all the buttons i could but it doesn't seem like i can affect it. What does it do? Some special buffs if those characters in the same squad or battalion or deployed?

Thank you very much!

-Downloaded previous game and watched tutorial there and got it all now.

Last edited:

Kiyokun90

Jun 2, 2017
Hi guys someone knows if in the chaos route is possible to avoid Luseli become a fallen angel in chapter 8?

Mar 12, 2018
I'm now playing Chaos route after completing the Law one and it makes way more sense. It's as if the game was originally written with the Chaos route in mind and the Law route was added as an afterthought without too much thinking. At least it's my impression from the heroine scenes. In the Law route, most of them basically fall for Leon for no real reason and completely out of character (except for maybe Silvia and Tsubaki). In the Chaos route it takes him some planning and effort to actually corrupt the heroines and the progression makes sense. In the Law route girls fall for him after being randomly "raped" without any brainwashing, lol. I wonder if it's a problem with all Venus Blood games or only with this one. From what I heard this one is on the better side in terms of characters and plot, though.

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
I'm now playing Chaos route after completing the Law one and it makes way more sense. It's as if the game was originally written with the Chaos route in mind and the Law route was added as an afterthought without too much thinking. At least it's my impression from the heroine scenes. In the Law route, most of them basically fall for Leon for no real reason and completely out of character (except for maybe Silvia and Tsubaki). In the Chaos route it takes him some planning and effort to actually corrupt the heroines and the progression makes sense. In the Law route girls fall for him after being randomly "raped" without any brainwashing, lol. I wonder if it's a problem with all Venus Blood games or only with this one. From what I heard this one is on the better side in terms of characters and plot, though.
They're primarily games for people with a corruption fetish so I suppose it makes sense the Chaos route gets the most attention but if you told me "The games are written pure chaos and then afterwards they find a way to work Law in" I'd totally buy it. The routes aren't even close to being on the same footing. I mean, there's always a bit of unavoidable corruption/rape anyway so it's not like you can go full good, and it's not like the MC ever shows any remorse for having done the brainwash rape either, or confesses to it and seeks atonement, or feels guilty in Law. There's no particular bit of character development where they say "I'm going to try and stop doing that stuff and walk a brighter path." It's more or less just glossed over and forgotten about.

Mar 12, 2018
They're primarily games for people with a corruption fetish so I suppose it makes sense the Chaos route gets the most attention but if you told me "The games are written pure chaos and then afterwards they find a way to work Law in" I'd totally buy it. The routes aren't even close to being on the same footing. I mean, there's always a bit of unavoidable corruption/rape anyway so it's not like you can go full good, and it's not like the MC ever shows any remorse for having done the brainwash rape either, or confesses to it and seeks atonement, or feels guilty in Law. There's no particular bit of character development where they say "I'm going to try and stop doing that stuff and walk a brighter path." It's more or less just glossed over and forgotten about.
This, and also if you actually lose to Elea or Julia then they do things to Leon and his party even worse than anything he ever does to them, lol. Thankfully I haven't seen those "defeat scenes" on my first playthrough, so I could "get along" with them ignorant of the cruel "what if" scenarios. It seems that losing to Tsubaki or Silvia doesn't result in a bonus scene but maybe you just need to lose in a particular battle.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
This, and also if you actually lose to Elea or Julia then they do things to Leon and his party even worse than anything he ever does to them, lol. Thankfully I haven't seen those "defeat scenes" on my first playthrough, so I could "get along" with them ignorant of the cruel "what if" scenarios. It seems that losing to Tsubaki or Silvia doesn't result in a bonus scene but maybe you just need to lose in a particular battle.
I can guess what Elea will do, but what does Julia do?

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
Is combining Lethal Critical/Critical Boost generally better for damage than Helmet Split?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Is combining Lethal Critical/Critical Boost generally better for damage than Helmet Split?
If it's like VBF, you want the highest helmet split for higher difficulties. In the easier difficulties like normal/hard on the first run, I assume crit/lethal might work better. I believe any amount of lethal crit gives a flat 25% defense cut when you crit, so it kinda acts like a low lvl helmet split. Ideally, you just want a mix of everything, with the caveat that helmet split gets exponentially better as you get more of it while other sources of dmg boosting will have diminishing returns if it follows the usual math of +% damage.

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes