ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
What's an Evade Decoy? Is it just a unit with super low HP*Defense (minmaxed for DPS I guess) with evade placed in front of the tank? Is that to free up a slot that Forward Guard would use?

Seems kinda lame and AI-abuse but if the higher difficulties are that hard then I guess it's probably necessary/baked into the game.

Also, SPEED INCREASES CRIT CHANCE? Fucking hell there's so much hidden bullshit.

Thoughts on the mech team? They're probably the strongest I have at the moment and generally just run over anything with a big bag of stats. The T-Rex can end up with 600+ attack, all-attack, and has oneshot entire lategame (for Normal at least) enemy divisions. Would this kinda team work on stuff above hard? I guess it's lacking Cross Null so probably not. View attachment 1529443
See spoiler for info on Evade decoys. High difficulty is straight-up impossible without AI abuse. The game is designed that way, since enemies get astronomical stat and level boosts that you physically cannot match due to the level cap on your own units.

Yes, Speed increases crit chance. It also reduces enemy crit chance against that unit, although the effect is much smaller in the other direction. I don't know if this crit chance (or the reduction) is based on a Speed comparison or if the crit chance formula just has Speed as an input. I do know that the Critical Boost and Fatal Resist skills are flat changes to final crit chance, otherwise my slow-as-molasses Mountain Man wouldn't crit as often as he does. An individual unit's priority, used to calculate turn order, is a range from Speed to Speed*3+10, so you need triple another unit's speed + 10 to guarantee your unit goes first. Attack and Defense are self-explanatory and straightforward, but in case you didn't know, Wisdom affects damage dealt and taken by Shelling/Blast/Field skills and Force gain, as well as contribution to Internal Affairs.

Without seeing the entire team, it's hard to say, but probably not. Stat-wise, you will never be able to keep up with enemy scaling no matter what you do, so relying on them never works. You don't need to, either. Having 2000 Attack vs 1000 Attack just means you do double damage. Ditto the other way around for Defense. Skills matter much more.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Vanndril

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Damn, wisdom affects internal affairs? No wonder my army of loser, arrow to the knee fodders farm almost no mats lol.

Is it an average of all the units or does it only leader's wisdom matter?

Last edited:

Vanndril

Jul 12, 2018
I'm now playing Chaos route after completing the Law one and it makes way more sense. It's as if the game was originally written with the Chaos route in mind and the Law route was added as an afterthought without too much thinking. At least it's my impression from the heroine scenes. In the Law route, most of them basically fall for Leon for no real reason and completely out of character (except for maybe Silvia and Tsubaki). In the Chaos route it takes him some planning and effort to actually corrupt the heroines and the progression makes sense. In the Law route girls fall for him after being randomly "raped" without any brainwashing, lol. I wonder if it's a problem with all Venus Blood games or only with this one. From what I heard this one is on the better side in terms of characters and plot, though.
I haven't yet played all the way through Chaos, but I don't necessarily agree with the heroines on Law falling for Leon for basically no reason. I actually thought it was cleverly done for most of the characters, working very well into the hypnofetish theme but in a subtle way for some and being genuinely natural for others.

For Law, there are a few important things to remember:
  • Law Leon is a guy who behaves brashly but, despite himself, cares about others more than he lets on and never really loses that about himself. He does terrible things, but it's often for the right (or at least not outright terrible) reasons, and each of the characters can and do pick up on that at some point or another.
  • There are timeskips in the story. Most of the characters have known and worked with Leon for years by the end of the game. This is meant to give some wiggle room with your suspension of disbelief, seeing as they could have easily grown closer during the time skips.
  • It's implied (for most; for some it is outright stated) that none of the characters remember that first rape that was conducted using hypnosis, so his actions then wouldn't do much to negatively influence their relationships with him.
  • After the initial capture scenes, Leon is generally typically respectful of the wishes of the characters, so most of their interactions with him from then on are actually positive.
  • Most of the Dark Lords do far worse things to Leon and co. if the player loses during their chapter than he ever does to them (on Law). They all probably feel that they ultimately got off really light with Leon.
  • Most importantly, the suggestions he implanted in most characters' minds during the first scene after capturing them is key. It is these suggestions that subtly shape most of the characters' relationship with Law route Leon. The suggestions set the foundation for their relationships, and they build more naturally along those lines from there.

I'll touch briefly on most of the characters and why I think the narrative works with them considering the suggestions they're given.

Anora and Noel are already his companions and fuck buddies from the beginning, so they don't need additional narrative reason to continue that.

For most of the "retainers", it is enough that their lord has grown to trust Leon to allow them to warm up to him. For most of them, it has little to do with the first-hypnosis suggestion he gives them.

If I were to say that anything bothers me about the Law route relationships, it's that none of the characters aside from Sylvia, Anora, and Noel are given enough scenes with Leon to show the gradual romantic shift of their feelings toward him. Even just one more earlier consensual sex scene with each would have gone a long way. So I feel that it's not that it's like they fall in love out of the blue, but rather that it feels like they relied on the implication that the characters also interact constantly between scenes, when the player can't see them, too much. Such as during the brief timeskips.

Last edited:

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Damn, wisdom affects internal affairs? No wonder my army of loser, arrow to the knee fodders farm almost no mats lol.

Is it an average of all the units or does it only leader's wisdom matter?
Neither, it's something involving combining all units' Wisdom (exact formula unknown). You don't need to worry about adding units with low Wisdom to an Internal Affairs division. The leader's Internal Affairs skill affects the sector their division contributes to.

Reactions: desmosome

sanndan

Jun 27, 2019
most value problems
hard berserk lvl 5
very hard berserk lvl 5
thanatos berserk lvl 5
against Iris, Another Iris

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Out of curiosity, is there an English version of this file, and can someone upload it?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
How come they named 2 different things "Wraiths?" There are the wraith units like Leon who are mechanical something something made from tactica. Then there is the wraith type which are basically ghosts.

CaesarCzech

May 20, 2018
The game has 140 of them and an unavoidable one immediately after defeating the first 'boss'.
I feel like you're just playing slow, lol.
or he didnt understand in settings which is which it appears to me i didnt either on first playthrought can someone screenshot me how does the NSFW setting look for NSFW to be turned on ? you know the ALL ages or 18 because it is unclear if the thing next that shows is what is currently selected or what it will toggle to after clicking on it, should have made it a choice next to each other instead of toggle.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
or he didnt understand in settings which is which it appears to me i didnt either on first playthrought can someone screenshot me how does the NSFW setting look for NSFW to be turned on ? you know the ALL ages or 18 because it is unclear if the thing next that shows is what is currently selected or what it will toggle to after clicking on it, should have made it a choice next to each other instead of toggle.
The setting displays the current state of the game. If the setting says 18+Ver., you are on NSFW.

hilih--

May 22, 2019
I updated the interface mod.

Recruitment screen changes:
  • added units filter by job (multiple jobs can be selected)
  • added units filter by type (multiple types can be selected)
  • added units filter by skill (default skills, leader skills, tactical skills; tactica skills and items skills ignored) and formation; search is case insensitive, does not require a full match, "," is a delimiter
  • units in deployed divisions are displayed but cannot be dismissed
  • tactical skills level (cost) is displayed (also displayed at other screens)
  • reduced units list refresh time (from ~8ms to ~2ms per unit)

Works with patch 1.04, work with earlier versions not guaranteed.

Installation
Place the file "patch2.xp3" into the installation directory that contains "VBHI.exe".

1638658736604.png

Last edited:

Erislain

May 21, 2020
Welcome to high difficulty VB, where no amount of grinding will help you against the utter bullshit that is enemy setups. I don't know where to begin, and it doesn't help that I don't think I have access to the units you do. What Tactica do you have unlocked?

On further observation, what even is your team setup? That doesn't LOOK like it's supposed to be a burn team. Where's the Nulls? Absolute Cure? Heck, where's the Boosts/Commands/Formations? No Strat Barrier decoy to tank the inevitable Force skill(s)? Or Strat Hinder + Action Block to burn the Force? Have you tried the Self-Destruct + Recovery combo? Have you been brute-forcing Hard this entire time, and if so, why?
It's not really brute force. And I really didn't understand some of the skills and tactics. But I solved the problem with Iris. LIGHT phase. I tried to defeat her in the light phase. I know. I'm just an idiot. Rebooted and tried it on a DARK night. Plus tactics with barriers. Its done! And the self-destruction and recovery strategy doesn't work with Iris. She blocks it completely.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018

• added units filter by skill (default skills, leader skills, tactical skills; tactica skills and items skills ignored) and formation; search is case insensitive, does not require a full match, "," is a delimiter

View attachment 1530583
This is something that was sorely needed. It was so weird that they included a search on the Edit screen, but not on the recruiting.Thanks.

Mar 12, 2018

How incompetent and lazy they could be to not add something like this in the official release after such a big success on Kickstarter, while it took about a week since the release for a fan-made patch to be created. Thanks, it really helps, especially the search option.

sanndan

Jun 27, 2019
It's not really brute force. And I really didn't understand some of the skills and tactics. But I solved the problem with Iris. LIGHT phase. I tried to defeat her in the light phase. I know. I'm just an idiot. Rebooted and tried it on a DARK night. Plus tactics with barriers. Its done! And the self-destruction and recovery strategy doesn't work with Iris. She blocks it completely.
if you have eternal promise anora tactical skill lvl 5 should help you

KraKen321

Jun 17, 2018
I wish someone would make a guide with optimal team setups, I am quite bad at tactical games with so much stuff. I managed to get to last boss on HARD in Chaos route with ease but he completely destroys me.

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes