Mar 12, 2018
That's an interesting interaction (or failure to interact, I guess). I can't recall ever having Forward Guard and Target Miss in a chain like that. Good to know it doesn't work.

Generally, most units with Target Miss are built to be decoys anyway. Put them in slot 6 with Guarder in slot 1. The Guarder blocks standard attacks with Defense Formation and catches flanking or ranged attacks via redirection.
Instead of guarder, you can put a ghost unit (IDK why they translated them as wraith because Leon and Anora are wraith units already story-wise and this is different from being a ghost, this term is taken, lol) which takes only 1/4 of damage unless the enemy has ghost-slaying. Ghosts also usually have high dodge which renders ranged attacks useless-even attacks from Dimensional Cut.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Instead of guarder, you can put a ghost unit (IDK why they translated them as wraith because Leon and Anora are wraith units already story-wise and this is different from being a ghost, this term is taken, lol) which takes only 1/4 of damage unless the enemy has ghost-slaying. Ghosts also usually have high dodge which renders ranged attacks useless-even attacks from Dimensional Cut.
Target Miss and Evade serve two different purposes. Target Miss is used to redirect all attacks onto a tank and can save a title or equipment slot on said tank. Evade is used to negate ranged attacks, but leaves the division (and the Evade unit) vulnerable to flanking attacks.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
What's the point of action block? I can't think of a situation where you want less rounds. In VBF, I'm pretty sure action block only reduced the enemy's turns. In this game, it seems to work both ways...?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
What's the point of action block? I can't think of a situation where you want less rounds. In VBF, I'm pretty sure action block only reduced the enemy's turns. In this game, it seems to work both ways...?
It's useless for general battles and much more annoying when used against you. You can stack it to drain the initial Force from bosses and reset Force effects, which honestly isn't bad with Strat Hinder and Strat Barrier. You can also stack it with Shelling and Blast/Field to get "free" damage at the cost of turns and unit pay, I guess? Your battalion needs to survive 1 round either way, since the minimum rounds is 1.

Ghinan

Nov 9, 2018
dumb question:
1. when second playthrough. is previous all heroine will caried over, when i choose another version? for exemple, i choose Sylvia (vanilla version) when i have Sylvia (alter version)
2. in scenario "Ballad of the Princess". if i choose "Figure it out yourselves", will it lock true end (neither Law or Chaos)?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rixzscen

Oct 12, 2020
dumb question:
1. when second playthrough. is previous all heroine will caried over, when i choose another version? for exemple, i choose Sylvia (vanilla version) when i have Sylvia (alter version)
2. in scenario "Ballad of the Princess". if i choose "Figure it out yourselves", will it lock true end (neither Law or Chaos)?
1. you can chose that later before start the second playthrough
3. do you mean alter in mad/broken version ? if yes its because they fucked her up until mind broken maybe ?

Zethster

Jul 3, 2018
See spoiler for info on Evade decoys. High difficulty is straight-up impossible without AI abuse. The game is designed that way, since enemies get astronomical stat and level boosts that you physically cannot match due to the level cap on your own units.

Yes, Speed increases crit chance. It also reduces enemy crit chance against that unit, although the effect is much smaller in the other direction. I don't know if this crit chance (or the reduction) is based on a Speed comparison or if the crit chance formula just has Speed as an input. I do know that the Critical Boost and Fatal Resist skills are flat changes to final crit chance, otherwise my slow-as-molasses Mountain Man wouldn't crit as often as he does. An individual unit's priority, used to calculate turn order, is a range from Speed to Speed*3+10, so you need triple another unit's speed + 10 to guarantee your unit goes first. Attack and Defense are self-explanatory and straightforward, but in case you didn't know, Wisdom affects damage dealt and taken by Shelling/Blast/Field skills and Force gain, as well as contribution to Internal Affairs.

Without seeing the entire team, it's hard to say, but probably not. Stat-wise, you will never be able to keep up with enemy scaling no matter what you do, so relying on them never works. You don't need to, either. Having 2000 Attack vs 1000 Attack just means you do double damage. Ditto the other way around for Defense. Skills matter much more.

Regarding dimension slash ignoring range null. Does that mean that units with dimension slash can target any enemy even if the opposing squad has range null?

Also, how do you force the enemy to attack the decoy? How does the AI decide its targets?

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
Regarding dimension slash ignoring range null. Does that mean that units with dimension slash can target any enemy even if the opposing squad has range null?

Also, how do you force the enemy to attack the decoy? How does the AI decide its targets?
The AI simply selects its target based on what unit has the lowest HP * Defense.
The strategy I believe I've seen is as follows:

Have Cross Null/All Null/Flank Null.
Guard up the front with defense tactics.
Glass cannon decoy with 100% evasion (ranged attacks always miss.)

Ranged attacks/dimension slash go to glass cannon and do nothing
Everything else goes to guarder.

Reactions: Zethster

Zethster

Jul 3, 2018
The AI simply selects its target based on what unit has the lowest HP * Defense.
The strategy I believe I've seen is as follows:

Have Cross Null/All Null/Flank Null.
Guard up the front with defense tactics.
Glass cannon decoy with 100% evasion (ranged attacks always miss.)

Ranged attacks/dimension slash go to glass cannon and do nothing
Everything else goes to guarder.
I see, thanks.

I still would like to know if dimension slash allows for back line targeting even if the enemy has range null.

BlinkA1

Jul 5, 2018
Ah how do you use Keys of Destiny and when's the best time to use them? Or are they worthless that I should just sell them for extra money?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Hmmm, Crack in dimensions seems kinda rough on hard. can't get past initial battle. Need proper preparation if i wan to break through i guess (and i have sneaking suspicion that it will be gone if i am not going to pick it up here asap).

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017
really??? i think there is more than 100 unit (not count the comander unit) and you got all of them???
i recruted all units that the "recruit" tab offers over the course of 2 law playthrough and i have 200+ of them uncluding the main characters. and no, i didnt unlock all the units. ill try both day and night later if that would affect it.

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes