ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Ah.. I had a brain fart there about the counter.

I still wonder what is better for DPS though. I'm still unsure if dimension slash is changed since VBF days where it gave a flat 75% defense cut. 2 attack and 100 max power should come out to be 6x damage. Helmet split + Lethal title is too complicated for me to calculate lol.
The FLC function is defined as follows:
Code:
    function _FLC(c,v,l)
    {
        if(l){
            if(c>v)c=v;
        }else{
            if(c<v)c=v;
        }
        return int c;
    }
The Dimension Slash check in the damage calculation formula is defined as follows:
Code:
       if(wf.offense.次元斬撃 > 0){
            DEF-=DEF*_FLC(wf.offense.次元斬撃,75,1)/100;dm(" 次元斬撃(%3d).def=%f".sprintf(wf.offense.次元斬撃,DEF));
        }
_FLC(D-Slash, 75, 1) means if D-Slash > 75, set it to 75, then return the value of D-Slash. Therefore, the complete check reduces the defender's Defense by the value of D-Slash as a percentage, up to 75.

Dimension Slash says it grants Helmet Split, but this is a blatant mistranslation. It grants an identical effect to Helmet Split, but stacks with it. This was the case in previous VenusBlood titles as well, except now it scales instead of granting a flat reduction.

See this post for the full formula. This damage function is called in a different code block to check for criticals, apply Max-Power Attack, the Wraith modifier, etc., but final damage numbers use this as a base.

Reactions: desmosome

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
While testing out some of the stuff, with not very conclusive results because of too much variance... But I did find out one thing that might not seem that obvious (at least my assumptions were all wrong).

Group attack doesn't stack with additional attacks. Group attack 2 means it will hit 2 division total, so one more than normal. This extra hit can actually hit the same group again if you are fighting just 1 division (which makes it function kinda like an additional attack).

Now when you start adding extra attacks on top of group attack, you don't start doing multiple group hits. For example, group attack 2 will hit the extra division, then you start doing the normal additional attacks after that.

This kinda changes my initial assumption that additional attacks would have great synergy with group attacks. It has no synergy at all, and group attack already acts as a form of additional attack, so it contributes to diminishing returns.

As for the lethal + helmet vs 2 attack + 100 max power... I'm not too sure yet. It's hard to test on these damn hollows on 2 different saves. I think they have different monsters and even if they were same, they all have varying degrees of evade, deadly, fatal resists and the numbers just go all over the place.
Group Attack 2 forces Leon to attack the division behind his current target, if possible, or else attacks the same division. In practice, this is more useful than Added Attack for softening or sweeping multiple divisions if his initial attack leaves one or two units alive since his allies can finish the job. Decimating two divisions is also better for reducing the enemy battalion's ability to hit back. But yes, it sucks that they don't stack multiplicatively.

Lethal Critical 1 vs Lethal Critical 100 doesn't really matter for DG Leon (the Defense reduction is the important part, not the crit mod), so granting him the skill using Armor negates the need for it from a title. Helmet Split is the kicker. Helmet Split 50 is equal to Max-Power Attack 100, but since Helmet Split scales better, it's superior for raw damage. On the flipside, Added Attack 2 gives Leon more opportunities to sweep, mostly if his attacks are already killing most things. It also helps him power through Recovery.

Helmet Split or Added Attack from 2H are both helpful for more consistent sweeps with BAVL title, but more attacks are generally preferred since you don't have an existing source of Helmet Split to stack on. Mathematically, Helmet Split 35 = ~1.54x damage, so it's better for total damage than 1 more attack (1.25x since he already has 4).

Mar 12, 2018
question: do i need to play higher difficulty to unlock equipment higher than rank 8?
I didn't get any higher-ranked equipment from hard and very hard but instead, I got it for completing the True Law end mission on Normal after getting to it on Easy, lol. Though I'm sure that on the last missions of Very Hard and Thanathos you probably should get both ore and high-end equipment and also there should be some chars with Bounty Hunter 9 and 10 among those that can be unlocked only on Very Hard+.

Last edited:
Reactions: wyldstrykr

Zethster

Jul 3, 2018
I didn't get any higher-ranked equipment from hard and very hard but instead, I get it for completing the True Law end mission on Normal after getting to it on Easy, lol. Though I'm sure that on the last missions of Very Hard and Thanathos you probably should get both ore and high-end equipment and also there should be some chars with Bounty Hunter 9 and 10 among those that can be unlocked only on Very Hard+.
I don't think there are characters with Bounty Hunter 9+.
In 0 Berserk Thanatos you get mats up to Rank 11 but very few and only if you S+ the lasts missions, In Deus Mode (I'm playing Thanatos 0 right now) you get a lot more materials and can quit once you clear the 7th map which shouldn't be hard if you can clear story mode of the same difficulty.
I think that's the way to farm for endgame mats.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Is there any way to auto use tactical skills when enemies attack you? Seems kinda unfair that they use tactical skills but you can't.

Zethster

Jul 3, 2018
Is there any way to auto use tactical skills when enemies attack you? Seems kinda unfair that they use tactical skills but you can't.
In the Operation menu you'll see a list of your Divisions, Go to the bottom right of that screen and click on Orders, you'll see the same list but the options to the right will have changed, you must select Tactical Skills to modify each division's behavior

Rain^)

Jun 9, 2019
I cant save in the game , when i try to save ive got this message. Anyone knows what to do with this?
1639319340640.png

Zethster

Jul 3, 2018
Does Almiragna not have a title or something?
She does.

If units do not have title select scenes in story mode, they are unlocked
by beating the Law Route, Chaos Route, and Thanatos Difficulty and then
checking the War Council menu and going to Change Unit Titles.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
True law map was pretty insane. Had to reload once after realizing the 2 cities on the right is no joke lol. Getting S++ was pretty hard cus my battalion 2-3 is just passable and 4 onwards were pretty fishy.

Is white Anora actually a strong tank? I guess her gimimick is the super percent cut with maxed godly physique while having low natural defense value. It fares worse than my normal tanks on stage 1 against fodder.... but maybe she scales better against high damage enemies?

Zethster

Jul 3, 2018
True law map was pretty insane. Had to reload once after realizing the 2 cities on the right is no joke lol. Getting S++ was pretty hard cus my battalion 2-3 is just passable and 4 onwards were pretty fishy.

Is white Anora actually a strong tank? I guess her gimimick is the super percent cut with maxed godly physique while having low natural defense value. It fares worse than my normal tanks on stage 1 against fodder.... but maybe she scales better against high damage enemies?
I like her a lot, she starts with 95 Godly Physique, only has 2 types so is not that susceptible to slays, tiny physique lets her dodge dimensional attacks without being reduced by flank (Maybe?). She has naturally low def and hp so she doesn't need a decoy and as a leader she has command division 40. All around i think she's great.
Fool's lie equals death to her so Terrain Null is a must in my opinion

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017

Who are you comparing her to? Even without a title, White Maiden Anora should perform better than most other tanks.

Defense Only + Godly 95 + Tiny 80 = 0.5 * (1 - 95/100) * (1 + 80/100) = 0.045x damage taken, 80% chance to negate

Pros:
Hardy Physique maxes at 90 (0.1x damage taken, 0.05x with Defense Only), so her damage taken modifier from skills is slightly better than the best most other tanks can achieve. Her 80% attack negation can't be reduced or bypassed (Flank Attack vs Evade, D-Slash or crit vs Parry), so only 1 out of every 5 attacks on average will even hit her. The Supreme type gives her innate Resist Ailments, and her only having two types to slay helps offset her lack of Slayer Defense (with R8 and below equipment, you can reach Slayer Defense 75, and her Formation gives her a small boost too). Her low Defense and leader skill should ensure she's being targeted by default, so she is effectively her own decoy.

Cons:
Her Defense stat is nonexistent, so she'll often face a heavier damage modifier from the base damage formula than other tanks, but this matters less as you face higher Defense reduction. She doesn't have Defense Formation, so she needs area Nulls to make sure her allies don't catch stray damage, and she can't use an Evade decoy. No Deadly or Fatal Resist means she'll be eating boosted crits a lot. Fool's Lie 2 removes her Godly Physique, leaving her extremely vulnerable to being one-shot 20% of the time. Fool's Lie 3 leaves her helpless.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Who are you comparing her to? Even without a title, White Maiden Anora should perform better than most other tanks.

Defense Only + Godly 95 + Tiny 80 = 0.5 * (1 - 95/100) * (1 + 80/100) = 0.045x damage taken, 80% chance to negate

Pros:
Hardy Physique maxes at 90 (0.1x damage taken, 0.05x with Defense Only), so her damage taken modifier from skills is slightly better than the best most other tanks can achieve. Her 80% attack negation can't be reduced or bypassed (Flank Attack vs Evade, D-Slash or crit vs Parry), so only 1 out of every 5 attacks on average will even hit her. The Supreme type gives her innate Resist Ailments, and her only having two types to slay helps offset her lack of Slayer Defense (with R8 and below equipment, you can reach Slayer Defense 75, and her Formation gives her a small boost too). Her low Defense and leader skill should ensure she's being targeted by default, so she is effectively her own decoy.

Cons:
Her Defense stat is nonexistent, so she'll often face a heavier damage modifier from the base damage formula than other tanks, but this matters less as you face higher Defense reduction. She doesn't have Defense Formation, so she needs area Nulls to make sure her allies don't catch stray damage, and she can't use an Evade decoy. No Deadly or Fatal Resist means she'll be eating boosted crits a lot. Fool's Lie 2 removes her Godly Physique, leaving her extremely vulnerable to being one-shot 20% of the time. Fool's Lie 3 leaves her helpless.
Compared to a 90 hardy 100 slayer def tank with 300 def vs map 1 fodders on thanatos.

I think her low defense was a factor against such weak monsters in those tests. I assumed she would scale better against stronger foes due to her defense capabilities coming from such damage cut. There is also the dodging aspect which pushes her over the top.

As for Fool's Lie, is there any enemy with Fool's Lie 4+? Is Fool's lie 3 very common in higher difficulties? I've been opting for Fool's lie in all my battalions instead of terrain null since Fool's Lie 3 enemies were not too common until now. And my lead team has Fool's Lie 3 from Kuon.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Btw, what is this Jet Black Hero on the walkthrough? Is that just referring to eternal promise anora?

Also, I finished Law route, but didn't unlock awakened Leon for some reason. Is this because I missed title selection for some girls? Or because I used fixed dark god form?

Last edited:

kayuza77

Jan 20, 2020
As for Fool's Lie, is there any enemy with Fool's Lie 4+? Is Fool's lie 3 very common in higher difficulties? I've been opting for Fool's lie in all my battalions instead of terrain null since Fool's Lie 3 enemies were not too common until now. And my lead team has Fool's Lie 3 from Kuon.
There is enemy with Fool's Lie + 4 on deus veryhard map. But that just common enemy with modified stat cause of difficulty

Btw, what is this Jet Black Hero on the walkthrough? Is that just referring to eternal promise anora?

Also, I finished Law route, but didn't unlock awakened Leon for some reason. Is this because I missed title selection for some girls? Or because I used fixed dark god form?
I think its eternal promise anora

Yes. You must use Leon's normal form not fixed dark god form to unlock awakened leon

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Those weird units from 10x key summons that have high growth and multiple tactical skills... Why can't I find these fucks on the recruiting menu? I wanna add some titles. Do they only show up after you unlock last 2 medals?

Zethster

Jul 3, 2018
Those weird units from 10x key summons that have high growth and multiple tactical skills... Why can't I find these fucks on the recruiting menu? I wanna add some titles. Do they only show up after you unlock last 2 medals?
When you unlock a character with a draw from the key of destiny, it should immediately appear in the recruiting menu

BlinkA1

Jul 5, 2018

Hmm... Try checking the HERO and the GODDESS Unit types in the Recruiting Menu.... They should be there.

Also were you able to unlock all the Tactica in the game?

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 15 Votes