Zethster

Jul 3, 2018
Well something is definitely wrong then. I've cleared normal chaos with the chaos choice on Aloith mission. Then I did very hard law choice on Alioth mission. Since I did Alioth mission on very hard, I should have unlocked a whole bunch. I only got Sheila, Theofrad, Leona, and Fana. Everything else doesn't show up. I left some units in the key pool, so I can do ike 3 pulls on day or night for 10x. I get the usual fodder and then it runs out before I get any of the unlocks.

In case it was a low% chance and I had to pull the unlocks before running out of normal units, I reloaded like 50 times and did my 4 pulls. It never shows up still.

I am using the UI mod if that somehow affects this thing....
I'm also using the UI mod and haven't had any issues so far.
If you got the message that you unlocked the characters for the key of destiny pool, in this case Youthful Loki and Hain, you should be able to draw them, if you can't, i don't have a clue what it could be.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I'm also using the UI mod and haven't had any issues so far.
If you got the message that you unlocked the characters for the key of destiny pool, in this case Youthful Loki and Hain, you should be able to draw them, if you can't, i don't have a clue what it could be.
I am using the 1.04 patch, what about you?

My only hope is to do Deus mode and hope for some miracle... Or if someone looks at the code and finds something...

Zethster

Jul 3, 2018
I am using the 1.04 patch, what about you?

My only hope is to do Deus mode and hope for some miracle... Or if someone looks at the code and finds something...
Same.
I remember i didn't unlock some characters at the moment i was expecting them according to the guide, but it was the whole block of characters, I think I did something similar to you (playing easy a route, then playing the other on very hard).
I got the characters I lacked by playing the route I played on very hard again but in an easier difficulty. But in your case you already have Sheila in the same block as Hain, so it probably isn't the same issue.
You could try playing Law route on easy, that's the only idea I have.

Reactions: desmosome

sanndan

Jun 27, 2019
How come I'm not seeing some of the key unlocks I'm qualified for? Like Youthful Loki and some others. I believe I've seen Hain once before when rerolling for some units back in my first run. But now, I'm not seeing these guys in both day and night. Since someone talked about a bug from recruiting all available units, I deliberately left out 2-3 fodder units in the pool.
key of destiny 10

Aug 27, 2017
If you only multiply quantities of things that already there using cheat engine then there should be no problem (I've done this myself and completed 2 runs with no problem), the problem comes if you try to add things that are not yours yet because some switches needs to be turned on I assume. Just make sure you don't freeze any value and make sure the address is for what you want. IDK if you are using other tools to cheat.
I guess that is what happening and I am not sure how to undo it. I am not even sure if there's any value I changed that resulted in me can not get esipirt metal despite me finishing each war with S+ score. I am probably will need to reply the game again in a new save.... :(

sanndan

Jun 27, 2019
I guess that is what happening and I am not sure how to undo it. I am not even sure if there's any value I changed that resulted in me can not get esipirt metal despite me finishing each war with S+ score. I am probably will need to reply the game again in a new save.... :(
Hard Difficulty

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I'm noticing some odd behavior. My units are getting weaker when re hiring them from 25 to 100 triumph with same titles.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Is bounty and treasure hunting even worth it in thanatos? I have been playing all this time with around 150 treasure hunt, but I never get good drops anyways. I don't even know if rank 8 ever dropped. Not to mention rank 9+ stuff. Bounty hunter obviously is worthless at some point.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Is bounty and treasure hunting even worth it in thanatos? I have been playing all this time with around 150 treasure hunt, but I never get good drops anyways. I don't even know if rank 8 ever dropped. Not to mention rank 9+ stuff. Bounty hunter obviously is worthless at some point.
You need way more Treasure Hunt. You should easily be able to hit 200+ without using optimized equipment or Tactica. Your dedicated Treasure Hunt division should eventually aim to have double that.

The following formula is used to calculate drop "value":
(A + B) * (C + D)

A = highest enemy LV defeated
B = highest total Treasure Hunt of any division (only counts living allies)
C = highest enemy Cost defeated
D = number of units defeated, up to 6

Drops are calculated per division, but use the highest values among the battalion. For example:

D1 has LV 100, Cost 10
D2 has LV 120, Cost 5
D3 has LV 100, Cost 12

If you defeat all three enemy divisions, the game will calculate drops based on LV 120 and Cost 12 for the entire battalion.

You need a minimum drop value of ~9900 before the game will have a very slight chance to drop R9 ore, and ~12500 to drop the first piece of R9 equipment (~15500 for the full range of R9 equipment). Bounty hunter never becomes useless because you can always trade up.

Check for more info.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
You need way more Treasure Hunt. You should easily be able to hit 200+ without using optimized equipment or Tactica. Your dedicated Treasure Hunt division should eventually aim to have double that.

The following formula is used to calculate drop "value":
(A + B) * (C + D)

A = highest enemy LV defeated
B = highest total Treasure Hunt of any division (only counts living allies)
C = highest enemy Cost defeated
D = number of units defeated, up to 6

Drops are calculated per division, but use the highest values among the battalion. For example:

D1 has LV 100, Cost 10
D2 has LV 120, Cost 5
D3 has LV 100, Cost 12

If you defeat all three enemy divisions, the game will calculate drops based on LV 120 and Cost 12 for the entire battalion.

You need a minimum drop value of ~9900 before the game will have a very slight chance to drop R9 ore, and ~12500 to drop the first piece of R9 equipment (~15500 for the full range of R9 equipment). Bounty hunter never becomes useless because you can always trade up.

Check for more info.
Wait so treasure hunt in different divisions are not counted together? So I should stack all treasure hunt in just 1 division of he batallion?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Wait so treasure hunt in different divisions are not counted together? So I should stack all treasure hunt in just 1 division of he batallion?
Yes. Only the highest total Treasure Hunt among all divisions in a battalion is used for the final drop calculation. Bounty Hunter procs separately for each instance of the skill and provide a flat chance of the respective ore drop (20% for Bounty Hunter 8, 30% for Bounty Hunter 7, and so on), so it doesn't matter where the units with the skills are.

The ore thresholds are R9 9900, R10 14000, R11 18700, and R12 24000.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Yes. Only the highest total Treasure Hunt among all divisions in a battalion is used for the final drop calculation. Bounty Hunter procs separately for each instance of the skill and provide a flat chance of the respective ore drop (20% for Bounty Hunter 8, 30% for Bounty Hunter 7, and so on), so it doesn't matter where the units with the skills are.

Btw, you got any idea why I can only pull Shiela, Fana, Theofrod, leona, and Day Vanilla? Others don't ever show up until the pool is depleted.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Btw, you got any idea why I can only pull Shiela, Fana, Theofrod, leona, and Day Vanilla? Others don't ever show up until the pool is depleted.
Unfortunately, I have no idea what's going on with the key-exclusive units. I haven't accumulated enough keys to roll for all the exclusive units, and I hate overinflating my recruits list, so I never recruit everyone on the roster anyway. So far, I've been able to pull Sheila, Youthful Loki, Hain, Theofrad, and Youki from the 10-key pool after save scumming with 100 keys.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018

At that point, wouldn't it be just way faster to make the strongest teams possible and just blitz through high difficulty Deus? Honestly, most of my ores came from mission clear rewards anyways, afaik.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
At that point, wouldn't it be just way faster to make the strongest teams possible and just blitz through high difficulty Deus? Honestly, most of my ores came from mission clear rewards anyways, afaik.
Ehhh, yes and no. The optimal strategy is to run Berserk Hard Deus WITH a Treasure Hunt team to maximize drops. It makes a huge difference. If you were forced to go with one or the other, I'd say Treasure Hunting on lower difficulties is much less frustrating and smoother in terms of natural progression.

You can build a dedicated Treasure Hunt team as soon as you unlock Truth+Ruin Tactica (TH ~380; 400+ w/ Destiny Tactica), which you can unlock on any difficulty. (I'm currently testing max Law+Chaos. Can't seem to get more than 106 on Chaos, but this means you can unlock Destiny without Very Hard+.) You can then run Normal True Law to unlock R9 and R10 ore for trade and prepare yourself better for Berserk Hard Deus.

Example Pre-Destiny w/ R8 equipment:
Amy 65
Dreaming Onikage 69
[L] Mini-Mad Scientist 69 or Issa Kabeer 58
Jewel Beast 56 (tank) or [L] White Maiden Anora 59
Kanedama 57
Regina 67

total 383 w/ Leader Mini-Mad Scientist and Jewel Beast tank
total 375 w/ Leader WM Anora tank for stability

My current teams w/ Destiny:
1639555049654.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I believe the max Treasure Hunt is 500+ with R11 equipment. Every little bit helps when grinding for R12.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 15 Votes