ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Hmmm, Loki has 60 parry and 60 deadly resist. He can wear the 40 deadly resist armor... and get some parry and defense formation from title and reach 100 parry and 100 deadly resist all things considered... Is he able to tank? Also, how does dimension slash and parry work together? Do they add together or work as 2 separate rolls?
Dimension Slash adds to Parry before the Parry check takes place. They don't roll separately.

function getPassiveSkillList in PluginBattleFunc.ks has the following:
Code:
                if(wf.passive.p0[i].name == '次元斬撃'){
                    ret.パリング += value[1];dm("ret.次元パリ="+ret.パリング);
                    ret.遠隔攻撃  =        1;dm("ret.次元遠隔="+ret.遠隔攻撃);
                }

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Dimension Slash adds to Parry before the Parry check takes place. They don't roll separately.

function getPassiveSkillList in PluginBattleFunc.ks has the following:
Code:
                if(wf.passive.p0[i].name == '次元斬撃'){
                    ret.パリング += value[1];dm("ret.次元パリ="+ret.パリング);
                    ret.遠隔攻撃  =        1;dm("ret.次元遠隔="+ret.遠隔攻撃);
                }
Nice

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
TIL that all Self-D, Shelling, Spell, and Strat Barrier skills stack multiplicatively across a division. This means you cannot achieve immunity unless you have a unit that can reach 100+ on its own. Just one more thing to keep track of on the ever-growing list, I guess.

Last edited:

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Good news! I found the end-of-turn skill damage calcs hiding in PluginGetSkills.ks. Bad news! It's a total mess that I'm having trouble deciphering.

Some stuff I've been able to make out:
  • Most adjustments to Wisdom are 1/4 what they would be to other stats. For example, Squad Boost 4 only boosts base Wisdom by 1.
  • Amplification seems to stack additively. Not quite sure on this since there are multiple places it's referenced.
    • The division formation that boosts continuous damage actually directly boosts the Amplification skill.
  • There's definitely a comparison of some sort that factors into the final damage modifier. Half the difference in Wisdom (between skill user and target) is directly converted to a percentage bonus, capped between -50% and +50%. For all I know, this might be the only place Wisdom is used. This also explains the arbitrary maximum imposed in PluginBattleCalc.ks.
    • 100 WIS vs 50 WIS: (100 - 50) / 2 = +25% damage
    • 200 WIS vs 50 WIS: (200 - 50) / 2 = +50% damage (75% capped at 50%)
    • 100 WIS vs 300 WIS: (100 - 300) / 2 = -50% damage (-125% capped at -50%)

Reactions: desmosome

Zethster

Jul 3, 2018
TIL that all Self-D, Shelling, Spell, and Strat Barrier skills stack multiplicatively across a division. This means you cannot achieve immunity unless you have a unit that can reach 100+ on its own. Just one more thing to keep track of on the ever-growing list, I guess.
Damn, I thought some of my units were receiving damage from shells because they were poison typed, still found it odd but didn't think too much about it.
Thanks for that information.
Are you sure though?

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Anyone find a use for tetra? I can't for the life of me figure out a good set up for her. Her normal form is just a mediocre attacker with forward guard. Her altered form is some kinda field user who lacks tanking skills except defense only. Making her leader gives 50 hardy but that's it.

Her titles don't really fix all the issues to make her excel in attacking or tanking. I just gave her the fire shell title on altered form and benched her. She's the only attendant heroine that I don't use lol.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Rampaging Celias has pretty amazing tactical skills. It might be worth using even though she has no titles. Her skill set isn't too weak even without titles.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Sorry for quadruple posting but I gotta ask. It seems to me that multiple instances of the same skill on one unit count as just 1 skill based on what gets knocked out by fool's lie. So if you stack the same barrier multiple times on a unit, it will be additive for that one unit right?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
PSA: Self Destruct sucks to build against. Self-D Wall/Barrier both reduce damage by a percentage, with both skills stacking multiplicatively on the same unit. You need 100+ on a single unit to nullify. What's annoying is formation effects add to SD Wall, NOT Barrier. Fire/Supreme type or Ranged Attack (D-Slash included) halves damage, but this only applies once. You can't repeatedly halve damage by attacking with a Fire+Supreme unit with Ranged Attack.

Anyone find a use for tetra? I can't for the life of me figure out a good set up for her. Her normal form is just a mediocre attacker with forward guard. Her altered form is some kinda field user who lacks tanking skills except defense only. Making her leader gives 50 hardy but that's it.

Her titles don't really fix all the issues to make her excel in attacking or tanking. I just gave her the fire shell title on altered form and benched her. She's the only attendant heroine that I don't use lol.
Tetra needs higher tier equipment to be effective as an attacker due to her depressing lack of counter mitigation. R9 Golem Suit is the go-to, but you may already have all of them reserved for other units.

Ultimate Weapon is the preferred damage title. Broken Army Trickster requires Tetra to achieve much higher levels of Defense reduction than she is capable of with only a weapon. R7 Guillotine Iwatoushi maxes her Helmet Split and gives her Wild Fang without having to set her as leader. As a one-and-done attacker, she's not that bad, but there are much better options.

Elea's Masterwork turns either form into a great buffbot. If you can fill Nulls without leader skills, her base form is worth a division slot for Command Mech 40. Her Altered form instead gives Command Mech 25 with Mechanical Boost 30. Mathematically, your units need a minimum of 250 in a specific stat after Boost/Sap skills to benefit more from base Tetra.

Foolish Robot Altered Tetra is a counter tank with Evade 120, Counter Amp 11 (12x counter damage = 4x normal attack damage), and Range Null. R10 Dragon King Armor on her as a leader gives her the ability to counter tank with Hardy Physique 85 as a leader, but this is ill-advised on extreme difficulties. Instead, her division can hide behind Vanguard's Honor with Flank Null, while she provides artillery support with M-Fire Field 15.

Magic Golem Altered Tetra fits into an indirect sweep party with Wraith Technique User Awakened Anora and Yin-Yang Apprentice Ayame. I only have Anora+Ayame right now, but they are already working excellently together (with extra Amp and Shell support, of course).

Sorry for quadruple posting but I gotta ask. It seems to me that multiple instances of the same skill on one unit count as just 1 skill based on what gets knocked out by fool's lie. So if you stack the same barrier multiple times on a unit, it will be additive for that one unit right?
Yes. All skills on the same unit are always summed before their effects are applied in battle. Bounty Hunter is checked individually during drop calculation for every instance of the skill, but it is also summed by the skill formula for battle calculation; it just has no in-battle effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: desmosome

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
The all-purpose spreadsheet linked in my signature is now considered mostly complete. I still need to unlock the last two Tactica for their units and titles, but it looks like the Japanese wiki for Hollow is mostly filled in terms of raw data.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
The all-purpose spreadsheet linked in my signature is now considered mostly complete. I still need to unlock the last two Tactica for their units and titles, but it looks like the Japanese wiki for Hollow is mostly filled in terms of raw data.
One thing about the treasure hunters. One of the last 2 titles have treasure hunt 24 on right slot. Combined with destiny, that is 32 treasure hunt from titles for SS units. Notable units are Chibi Yilan, Luna, and Mimic.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Ok how about Mental attacks? What exactly does it do? It says steal force and lowers loyalty. What's the effect of enemy loyalty?

Mar 19, 2018
Festival and garden tactica? Here's from 1.041 if you need it. Thanks for your work. I wish I found your spreadsheet much earlier lol.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Thanks for the screenshots. I was already updating the spreadsheet with info from Japanese wiki, but it's good to have confirmation. Treasure Hunt units will be updated at some point in the future once I've unlocked all of the ones on the TreHun wiki page. Note that Festival and Garden are listed as "Z" growth to signify their acquisition on Very Hard+.

hilih--

May 22, 2019
Interface mod updated to v1.8 (works with v1.04 and v1.041)

Installation:
Unpack and place the file "patch2.xp3" into the installation directory containing "VBHI.exe"

Recruitment Screen:
- added units filter by job (multiple jobs can be selected)
- added units filter by type (multiple types can be selected)
- added units filter by skill (default skills, leader skills, tactical skills; tactica skills and items skills ignored) and formation; search is case insensitive, does not require a full match, "," is a delimiter
- units in deployed divisions are displayed but cannot be dismissed
- tactical skills level (cost) is displayed (also displayed at other screens)
- reduced units list refresh time (from ~8ms to ~2ms per unit)
- added mood (happiness) icon to the units list

Edit Screen:
- added highlighting of a unit in a division when mouse over a unit in the units list

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Wow I thought I had enough keys, but after beating thanatos deus stage 8, so many new units went into the pool. A lot of them are 20x key summons.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Damn.. Thanatos Deus stage 9 was insane. Super hard battles really expose any weaknesses your set up may have. Right now, my main problem is enemy tactical skills and maybe slowly getting chip dmg from counter attacks upsetting the HP*def balance of the formation. Once the aggro goes off to somewhere else, everything falls like dominoes. I forced out a win with Goddess Iris in my #1 division spamming her full revives. This division is pretty stable with a lot of strat support. I'll probably send all day tomorrow redoing all my parties since I unlocked a shitload of OP stuff now like Mad Fanna etc.

edit:
I'm doing like 27,000 treasure points on the boss fight at stage 9. I did it like 5 times so far... but I can't get the ore to drop. What is the drop rate for R12 ore?

Nvm got it after 2 more fights.

Ok, immediately after seeing the fool's lie 2 item, I looked for the max we can make. Unfortunately all the units that have fool's lie 3 (Kuon, Sallya, Mad Uller) cannot use items. There are a number of fool's lie 2 users that can equip items. Awakened Titania, Naryu, Natschu, Han, Eternal promise Anora.

I think that's it. So you can have one team with Fool's lie 4.

Divine Naschu joines Rampaging Celias as a unit with no titles...

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 15 Votes