Inept Monkey

Oct 27, 2017
I dont suppose anyone has a route guide or anything like that. I'm not a big fan of replaying these sort of games 10+ times attempting to see everything.

Sere

May 15, 2017
Yes, each game is a self-contained world.
Minus Ragnorak(Hope it gets translated.) which takes place decades(or centuries. never played it) after Frontier. Afaik, it's the only Venus Blood game that's a sequel to a previous title.

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
I dont suppose anyone has a route guide or anything like that. I'm not a big fan of replaying these sort of games 10+ times attempting to see everything.
I remember having to use jap wiki with chrome auto translate to figure out route requirements, this game has some crazy flags and requirements for some events to pop. I think most people will land on the mild chaos route with a generic corruption heroine route since both angelic/vanilla and hardcore mindbreak/chaos routes are trickier to trigger.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Can I just cancel this japanese letters Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 that pops up during installation?

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
Yes, each game is a self-contained world.

You're kinda right that each game have it's own world, but i believe at least 2 entries of this series got an actual sequel... Frontier being one. It's called Venus Blood Ragnarok and direct goes on from where Frontier ended...

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
Can I just cancel this japanese letters Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 that pops up during installation?

These are just to install the "Visual Redist from 2008". To understand those are the programmer language package used to run the game. If ur system is windows 8~11 it should already come with it implemented or being part of the updates that the system goes. If per chance u lack any visual redist, u can search on google for the "AiO or All In One Executable Package", some of the videos will redirect u to the GitHub open source page that contains the installer that brings literally all executables so far needed to run any program/game on computer.

It's like in this page but i honestly prefer the github package by a certain guy that i already lost link but oh well... as long as u have everything installed + directX + graphic video cards u won't have any problem to run anything, with the only condition being ur computer being strong enough/having the min specs to run the content u want.

SGrimmer

Aug 12, 2016
Does anybody remember how long it took for cheats to be made for Frontier? I know it has to use that SpoilerAL software for the engine and CheatEngine won't work.

xeirx

Aug 5, 2017
what are the exact conditions for new game plus? guessing the endings/sub but do the bad ends count?

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
Does anybody remember how long it took for cheats to be made for Frontier? I know it has to use that SpoilerAL software for the engine and CheatEngine won't work.

Cheat Engine actually works if the guy can get the adress, make it find a pattern and create something called a Lua Script that will detect a change/notice whenever the data has changed places within the memory zone. Though these require a bit more of understanding on how the programmer language works, on how to build Lua scripts effetively and so on. Basically the max u can do without proper understanding is modify the values shown in screen once, but once u finish a chapter/close re-open the game, the values will swap places, a script can generate a pattern that will always be moved in the data to use as base... ask on Fearless Forums for cheats, though SpoilerAL codes won't work here since those were made for the japanese adress versions.

If someone with proper understanding of the commands and adress takes the SpoilerAL ssg, they can at least have a general idea on how the data is moved within the memory to also trigger similar effects/same codes as SpoilerAL does, what most people are lazy to do unless they're japanese themselves, ssg got too many japanese data around it.

Last edited:

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
Cheat Engine actually works if the guy can get the adress, make it find a pattern and create something called a Lua Script that will detect a change/notice whenever the data has changed places within the memory zone. Though these require a bit more of understanding on how the programmer language works, on how to build Lua scripts effetively and so on. Basically the max u can do without proper understanding is modify the values shown in screen once, but once u finish a chapter/close re-open the game, the values will swap places, a script can generate a pattern that will always be moved in the data to use as base... ask on Fearless Forums for cheats, though SpoilerAL codes won't work here since those were made for the japanese adress versions.

If someone with proper understanding of the commands and adress takes the SpoilerAL ssg, they can at least have a general idea on how the data is moved within the memory to also trigger similar effects/same codes as SpoilerAL does, what most people are lazy to do unless they're japanese themselves, ssg got too many japanese data around it.
since in easy you could auotwin any battles i do no seen why boter wih cheating

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
One thing I didn't like about Frontier is that you had to go Corruption route to get a lot of unlocks. Also absolutely needing to follow a guide to reach them. It was the type of game where it isn't just "Do this thing and you're on the bad route". You built up points for various routes and needed super obscure amounts for certain things. Like having the Rein and Conquest points perfectly balanced at 20 points or something to unlock medals and shit. Having to pick options I don't want just to unlock crap sucked. I don't know why they couldn't have used a system where either route could unlock the same stuff.

Another issue is you're assualted with like a million scenes late game as all your girls are maxing out on their affection scores at the same time. You have one battle and then have to sit through like 3 long ass scenes. Game turns into 5 minutes of gameplay vs an hour of reading late game. I actually couldn't take it anymore and dropped the game near the end.

Does anybody know if this game avoids those issues? In general, Frontier was one of those types of games that's really difficult to play without following guides and looking shit up constantly. I'm just hoping this can be played a bit more naturally. Seen some people here say it still has some of that, but I'm not sure how bad it is. Like Frontier was pretty much following a step by step guide to get the right points for the ending you need/want, because the Rein/Conquest/Affection points weren't always super obvious and you needed specific amounts at specific times out of fucking nowhere.

Oh, just remembered, the unit cap fucking sucked too. Mages and healers had the same cap or some stupid shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTL_Enjoyer

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017
people saying that hollow is better than frontier. anyone knows whats improved?
ill probably force skip some scenes and ask for a 100% CG file afterwards

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes