Mar 19, 2018
Thanatos dificulty (without berserk) becomes a joke when you get Iris

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This girl's division can take 3 divisions on thanatos B2 last stage true law route on their own lmao

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018

This girl's division can take 3 divisions on thanatos B2 last stage true law route on their own lmao
Yea Iris with good support can carry the whole batallion. Give her some strat support for her mass revive and stick the treasure hunt division with her team.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017

Yes, she's powerful, but uh... neither of those items are really ideal on her. Try using R11 Saegjarn (All Atk, HS 35) and R8 Sagittarius Bow (AddAtk 1, Flank 15) or R10 Estranged Stars (AddAtk 2, Squad Boost 15).

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
Is it possible to get true law route on first playthrough on normal difficulty? The guide says anoras affection needs to be 8+ but I'm at start of chapter 8 and she is only at 5

Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
Man, I thought I'd try this game because it seems cool, but damn, it's obvious I have no idea what I am doing. Even playing on normal, I struggle as early as chapter 2.

Mar 19, 2018
Man, I thought I'd try this game because it seems cool, but damn, it's obvious I have no idea what I am doing. Even playing on normal, I struggle as early as chapter 2.
I also have problems in the beginning. Trying to understand the mechanics and how to compose a team is part of the fun of this game for me. But then again, I love this kind of game. In fact, I still don't understand completely the mechanics lol

Yes, she's powerful, but uh... neither of those items are really ideal on her. Try using R11 Saegjarn (All Atk, HS 35) and R8 Sagittarius Bow (AddAtk 1, Flank 15) or R10 Estranged Stars (AddAtk 2, Squad Boost 15).
Thanks for the advice. I equipped those because I just want her to clear the mobs as fast as possible lol. Definitely will need those extra firepower on higher berserk level. Currently trying thanatos B4 and getting eternal promise anora. I always mess up somehow trying to get her.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Is there no way to change the battalion order without wasting turns? Like if you want the 2nd division to take the lead, you would have to recall the first division or break up the battalion and reform it I think.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Is it possible to get true law route on first playthrough on normal difficulty? The guide says anoras affection needs to be 8+ but I'm at start of chapter 8 and she is only at 5
Yes, it's possible. You missed out on too many of her events or made the wrong choices.

Is there no way to change the battalion order without wasting turns? Like if you want the 2nd division to take the lead, you would have to recall the first division or break up the battalion and reform it I think.
You can change the order of divisions within a deployed battalion by selecting the node where they are deployed and dragging the divisions up/down in the top right (where you would normally double-click to withdraw them). This only works prior to movement.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Yes, it's possible. You missed out on too many of her events or made the wrong choices.

You can change the order of divisions within a deployed battalion by selecting the node where they are deployed and dragging the divisions up/down in the top right (where you would normally double-click to withdraw them). This only works prior to movement.
omg... that is a game changer lol

kayuza77

Jan 20, 2020

Thanks. I didnt know this. I always undeploy and redeploy my division to rearrange them. Wasting my turn lol

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
By the way, Fool's Lie 5 exists on Deus Thanatos. Also, I have come to the conclusion that Awakened Leon is the superior form for B5 Thanatos. Racemaster A.Leon provides Strat Barrier 100 and Command Division 25 on his own. As a leader, he is immune to counterattacks and has Command Division 45 total.

Lascivious Demon King A.Leon can hit the coveted HS80 DS75 with R11 Mjolnir (if you can spare one) compared to Boundary Transcender DG Leon who can only max HS or DS with equipment. On the other hand, DG Leon doesn't need to be a leader to function as a solid attacker, and he also doesn't need any limited equipment. If you're using him as an attacker, it's honestly a toss-up between his forms. A.Leon already slays all the important types, so DG Leon's innate Slay All isn't as impactful, especially with Slay Woman 2 from the LDK title and enemy Slayer Defense.

everytime i want to save my progress its came up
anyone know how to fix this ?
The game does not have permission to write to the save location. Run in Administrator mode, I guess? I question why the default save location would be read-only/write-protected.

Last edited:

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
Alright thx. I guess her affection is tied to chaos options then because I just picked everything that increased law.
How hard is hardmode compared to normalmode? Is it still doable by neglecting all the terrain/formation stuff?
And what carries over to the next playthrough?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Alright thx. I guess her affection is tied to chaos options then because I just picked everything that increased law.
How hard is hardmode compared to normalmode? Is it still doable by neglecting all the terrain/formation stuff?
And what carries over to the next playthrough?
Almost all of Anora's affection is tied to Chaos choices. Always prioritize affection gains over Law or Chaos points for endings. You will never be short on Law or Chaos to access extended routes as long as you aren't skipping events.

Hard difficulty is much harder than Normal, but terrain and leader formations can still be ignored. At minimum, you need to be comfortable with unit builds and the roles they fill. Most importantly though, observe and take notes. VB is a series that teaches you by showing you how effective something is, then expecting you to incorporate that into your own strategy. Anything the AI can do, you can do better. Except spam the same unit. I highly recommend the interface mod made by hilih--, which allows you to search recruitable units.

NG+ lets you keep your units, equipment, Tactica, and investments.

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
Almost all of Anora's affection is tied to Chaos choices. Always prioritize affection gains over Law or Chaos points for endings. You will never be short on Law or Chaos to access extended routes as long as you aren't skipping events.

Hard difficulty is much harder than Normal, but terrain and leader formations can still be ignored. At minimum, you need to be comfortable with unit builds and the roles they fill. Most importantly though, observe and take notes. VB is a series that teaches you by showing you how effective something is, then expecting you to incorporate that into your own strategy. Anything the AI can do, you can do better. Except spam the same unit. I highly recommend the interface mod made by hilih--, which allows you to search recruitable units.

NG+ lets you keep your units, equipment, Tactica, and investments.
Alright thx for answering. Yeah from all the posts in this thread I do get that the game is quite complex and deep. Currently I'm struggling with giving my units titles because I didn't notice that you can spend extra tactica for it. And sometimes the stats and skills leave me confused with what the unit is supposed to do for example the unit "Aurgelmir"

venusbloodlover

Dec 20, 2021
Does anyone know if there's an easy way to change the title of the main characters - Leon/Anora/Noel/Dark Lords without going through the whole game again and unlocking the event? War council only gives the option to set titles of captured commanders and hidden unlocks.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Does anyone know if there's an easy way to change the title of the main characters - Leon/Anora/Noel/Dark Lords without going through the whole game again and unlocking the event? War council only gives the option to set titles of captured commanders and hidden unlocks.
Unfortunately, you have to play through the game each time. You can plan ahead using the spreadsheet linked in my signature. Being able to change the main commanders' titles through the War Council after clearing extended Law and Chaos would be a nice QoL change.

timophone

Jul 18, 2019
Guys, how to open special characters (leona, loki, hain ...) with keys of destiny? I press on keys and it writes ''there are no you can hire''

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Fun fact: the Key of Destiny is a Rank 12 item. Like every other item in the game, if you would acquire one, but already have the maximum amount in your possession, the game will instead give you the equivalent ore. So, if you get 999 Keys of Destiny, every Key of Destiny drop afterwards will be R12 ore. This has the comical effect of allowing you to very quickly acquire all of the R12 gear by speedrunning low difficulty over and over.

I have no idea whether it would be faster to farm 999 Keys or get the R12 gear through trades and drops. Seeing as how I'm halfway there (exactly 500 and counting) and only have enough ore for maybe two pieces of R12, I'm leaning towards max Keys.

• Haha
Reactions: darweedz2491\
4.10 star(s) 15 Votes