ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
is there a way to reset lvl of ur units to start over all at lvl 1 or not ?
Afaik, you can't reset unit levels without losing all recruited units. Is there a particular reason you want to?

Umm in tags hidden by spoiler there is romance but in norm tags there isnt romance so... Is there romance :unsure:
Yes, there is romance, but it's not your typical "fall in love" romance. The game is built on mind control and corruption, so this shouldn't be a surprise. Leon starts the game in a romantic (and very sexual) relationship with Anora and Noel, and all other relationships start with mind control rape and/or corruption. Every heroine has her own romantic ending with Leon.

Trying to read the wiki with google translate is melting my brain o_O

Any helpful advice for team building on higher difficulties?

I generally just try get get as good of a null coverage as possible in the squad through any means, slap a defender in slot 1 with forward guard and have day/night attuned all over the units to keep the defense always stable, then get some decoy with target miss and, if possible, high evade in slot 6 on all squads I make. The rest are damage oriented, with barriers if i can have some.
There's a lot of teambuilding advice in previous posts you should look up for more details. Mixing and matching Night units with non-Night units is extremely discouraged. Even with the proper Attune skills, the Night terrain bonus/malus will still apply in absence of Terrain Null, and the most powerful Night divisions are synergistic.

If you haven't unlocked R7 Tactica (Truth, Ruin, and Destiny) or recruited most of the backer units, you should do those things first. High difficulty teambuilding is all about Nulls, Barriers, and Strat skills, and is much more flexible with better units.

Most teams have at least two attackers, at least one tank, and exactly one decoy. All divisions should have Absolute Cure and be protected from area attacks and flanking attacks at minimum, though some may not need Flank Null.

Pick your initial leaders for Surround Null, Terrain Null, or Fool's Lie. Useful formations (the ones that lower enemy skills) are a bonus. These will form your core divisions. Every battalion will have at least one of these, and you should be able to use most of them as standalone conquerors or defenders. After you have your core divisions, you can start building teams using leaders with Dimension Slash, Command, or Shell skills. Force revival divisions are a special case.

Pick tanks for their durability and devote all title and equipment slots to increasing said durability. Rely on other units for stuff like Null coverage. If you can't get to Hardy Physique 90 or Godly Physique 93, pick a different tank. If the formation reduces Critical Boost, Parry tanking becomes much more reliable.

Pick decoys based on your tank and available Nulls. Full tanks (Evade 100+, Godly Physique 93, and/or Slayer Defense 100) only need a decoy (with Target Miss if the tank doesn't have Forward Guard). Melee tanks need an Evade decoy (Evade 130+) and a source of Flank Null. If you cannot provide a Evade decoy, use an additional Evade tank with Forward Guard or a decoy with Target Miss in front of an Evade tank.

Pick support units to fill area Nulls, then prioritize Shelling > Strat > Self-D > Spell Barrier in that order. Keep in mind that you can omit any of these, but everything you don't protect against is something you will have to watch out for when deploying. Often, you will have to sacrifice absolute protection to include attackers so your division isn't a sitting duck.

Pick attackers that fit in with your mostly-built team and celebrate quietly if they match the formation. Always worry about attackers last. You will never run out of good attackers.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018
Trying to read the wiki with google translate is melting my brain o_O

Any helpful advice for team building on higher difficulties?

I generally just try get get as good of a null coverage as possible in the squad through any means, slap a defender in slot 1 with forward guard and have day/night attuned all over the units to keep the defense always stable, then get some decoy with target miss and, if possible, high evade in slot 6 on all squads I make. The rest are damage oriented, with barriers if i can have some.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I can basically blaze through even on thanatos B5 story mode with that team and roflstomp anything, even the final boss. Shelling or spell damage never a problem and even if any of them got killed Iris can just spam her heal-revive tactica skill and in the end of turn everyone will be healed to full.
I'm still trying to figure out other best team combo (especially for demon type) but no luck so far lol. I'm always open for suggestion if anyone wanna give their insight.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Well your Babel is wasting a title slot with that defense formation 12. Maybe you are only using it for the base stats, but there are much better options. Guard tactica has defense only on both slots, so there are really so many things to put in her titles. 20 slayer def, 15 hardy physique, night attuned, etc etc. Depending on what items you want to put. Your set up only has the base 60 slayer defense.

Michael is pretty underwhelming at this stage of the game I think. Could use her as a secondary dps with some utility in a divine team lower in the list. I'm pretty sure those R11 and R12 items could go to someone more worthy. Then again, there is no absolute answer to team building. Michael just giving 50 divine boost in that team is doing something good even if she doesn't kill too many, and whatever better unit that might have taken this spot can contribute in another division. Your titles on her are pretty bizarre though lol. If you want to use her I would give wild fang 5 and either slow multihit or lethal crit or something.

The concept of team building is to try to create as many "perfect" battalions as you can. AOE nulls, flank null, maxed tanker (100 slayer def + 90 hardy or parry tank or possible 93+ godly physique like Tierra, Evergreen, Wraith diva, Vergius), evade on tank or a decoy, at least 1 super DPS, barriers, good boost and command synergy, high fool's lie or terrain null in each batallion preferably in the lead division, vanguard's honor for lead division with OP tank if you want, ambush alert if possible but I find it almost impossible to add this lol. No matter how well you position the units, super high ambush could mess things up and let them hit the squishies.

Anyways, this is like a huge tetris and you could spend days brainstorming and coming up with good combinations. I think that's the point of the end game, so following someone else's team is probably not the best thing. For what it's worth, my main squad is kinda similar to yours. I use Babel, Goddess Sylvia, Iris (leader), Yuni, Innocent chanter as evader, and Leon. Leon could probably go make his own team, but ehh.. he's doing fine here.

Mar 19, 2018
Well your Babel is wasting a title slot with that defense formation 12. Maybe you are only using it for the base stats, but there are much better options. Guard tactica has defense only on both slots, so there are really so many things to put in her titles. 20 slayer def, 15 hardy physique, night attuned, etc etc. Depending on what items you want to put. Your set up only has the base 60 slayer defense.

Michael is pretty underwhelming at this stage of the game I think. Could use her as a secondary dps with some utility in a divine team lower in the list. I'm pretty sure those R11 and R12 items could go to someone more worthy. Then again, there is no absolute answer to team building. Michael just giving 50 divine boost in that team is doing something good even if she doesn't kill too many, and whatever better unit that might have taken this spot can contribute in another division. Your titles on her are pretty bizarre though lol. If you want to use her I would give wild fang 5 and either slow multihit or lethal crit or something.

The concept of team building is to try to create as many "perfect" battalions as you can. AOE nulls, flank null, maxed tanker (100 slayer def + 90 hardy or parry tank or possible 93+ godly physique like Tierra, Evergreen, Wraith diva, Vergius), evade on tank or a decoy, at least 1 super DPS, barriers, good boost and command synergy, high fool's lie or terrain null in each batallion preferably in the lead division, vanguard's honor for lead division with OP tank if you want, ambush alert if possible but I find it almost impossible to add this lol. No matter how well you position the units, super high ambush could mess things up and let them hit the squishies.

Anyways, this is like a huge tetris and you could spend days brainstorming and coming up with good combinations. I think that's the point of the end game, so following someone else's team is probably not the best thing. For what it's worth, my main squad is kinda similar to yours. I use Babel, Goddess Sylvia, Iris (leader), Yuni, Innocent chanter as evader, and Leon. Leon could probably go make his own team, but ehh.. he's doing fine here.
Yeah, I only want to increase her base stats. Thanks for the suggestion. Might try that if I see any problem with babel but so far I'm quite satisfied with her :). Also, does night attune necessary for those without sun worship skill? I thought night attune only negate the negative effect of sun worship.

And yeah, michael is not that good for the endgame. I just put whatever on her title because I don't really care lol.

And yeah, high ambush can kill the squishies on my team, that's why I tried to make them have high evasion to increase their survivability to at least hopefully can survive till the end of turn so they can be healed lol and even if they died Iris can always revive them lol So ambush is not a high concern for me.

As for leon's team I make DG leon with DG anora as leader. With support units that dish out decent shelling damage and support strat to make leon goes BOOM with his duran break, this can efficiently kill many enemies quickly before they can become a threat. But most enemies on later stages have high defense or high strat def or both and the duran damage becomes quite pathetic. But he's good until mid stages. Alioth scenario is exception though.

Any advice on how to build team around vergius? he's good but also meh at the same time lol not sure how to explain it.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I don't have all the items for it, but Vergeus can achieve 95 godly physique with 100 slayer defense. That is effectively the same mitigation as a 100 slayer defense, 90 hardy physique, defense only unit. Meaning Vergeus should actually be able to tank when given two items with 25 godly physique. I think giving him Sallya/dark overlord armor and Star Axe Pleiadas could be an idea. You get a group attack 3 cross attack with decent damage who also acts as a tank. The problem is that he has no defense formation. When using a tank without defense formation, you need to place a decoy in slot 1 (with target miss in this case). That makes this whole formation more prone to ambush, so you also probably want some ambush alert. Well, it's just an idea. Since it's not the most stable set up, I would place this division under a vanguard honor division.

Or you could just give him the 10 wild fang 30 helmet split weapon and some lethal crit armor and just not make him the tanker. He probably still deserves a leader slot since he is kinda useless without it and pretty decent as leader.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Any advice on how to build team around vergius? he's good but also meh at the same time lol not sure how to explain it.
All things considered, Vergius is just another good attacker. His Group Attack 3 is enables battalion sweeping, but many units can match or exceed his damage potential with equipment. Like desmosome said, he's probably best used as leader with the gear mentioned above.

If you give him both of his signature R12 gear pieces, he can counter tank, but he's actually outmatched there. Babel, Innocent Glanz, Altered Tetra, and even Altered Tsubaki all have better counter tanking setups available. Additionally, any of the G.Phys 93 tanks are better full tanks, and WM Anora remains one of the best tanks in the game.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Introducing Eden, destroyer of worlds. She comes in two handy configurations:

Everything must die (general sweeper; HS80 DS25 AAtk6 AllAtk)
1641326087499.png

Fuck that thing in particular (boss killer; HS80 DS65 AAtk4 SlayAll)
1641326119268.png

Ah, the magic of R12 equipment. Watching her attack seven times in one round is actually kind of funny. Her kill count is going to balloon out of control once I start using her to sweep Deus.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Just finished True Law on Thanatos with almost no divisions lost.
Aaaaa who died? WHO DIED? No seriously, I have no idea when I lost a division.

Anyway, since I haven't seen this recorded anywhere, clearing Thanatos Story unlocks titles for Dragon Orga, Cursed Magach, Goddess Sylvia, Almirangda, Hamud, Goddess Iris, and Alioth in hidden commander units. It also gives you Goddess Sylvia as a unit. No idea if Thanatos Deus also unlocks titles.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: test011

Zelos-sama

Mar 23, 2019
Anyone figure out an effective way to use wraith units? I pretty much just use a team of them against enemy wraith squads to avoid the whole 1/4 damage issue.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Anyone figure out an effective way to use wraith units? I pretty much just use a team of them against enemy wraith squads to avoid the whole 1/4 damage issue.
Most Wraiths prefer to be passive aggressors. Field skills don't suffer the outgoing damage penalty, so you can use them to deal damage while reducing damage taken. Certain units like Dragon Soul make good Target Miss tanks, and Damned Azazel has innate Surround Null for utility.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Mad Nana is pretty much the only viable wraith attacker. And she is pretty fucking strong. I suggest make a team with Mad Nana leader, eternal promise anora, damned Azreal. That is 90 self-d barrier, max spell/shell barrier, surround null, wraith boost and wriath heal, and DPS from 3 units.

Also, you shouldn't need to make a wraith team to fight wraiths. You need slay wraith or slay all units. Plenty of top tier attackers have slay all.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Frustrated with Self-Destruct killing your attackers? All of the units below can reach Self-D Barrier 100 with only titles and the equipment listed, while also having access to Defense Only or Dimension Slash to prevent suicide attacks.

R7 and below: Anora, CG Sylvia, Yuni, Tentacle Rider, Onmyoji, Clam Wench, and Iron Turtle. DK Liese can get to SDB 97 with R7 Beast Accessory, but she's listed in the R8 category below for max.

R8 Staff (up to 5): DK Liese, Naberius, Wraith Magia, and Seer. DG Anora too, but why would you run her as a support?

R9 Shield (up to 4): Dragon Chef, Orc Guard, Heavy Infantry, Skeleton, Sentinel, Shield Trooper, Demon Knight, Dwarf Guard, Viking Guard, Horustaur, Snowman, Day Vanilla, and Far Shield Trooper.

R10 Armor (up to 3): Hammer Knight, Gargoyle, Soul Armor Trooper, Armor Dragon, Ghoul, Merman, and Ops Mage.

Never lose a unit to Self-Destruct ever again! ...But beware the Seal status ailment. I made this list while referencing the Japanese wiki and my own teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rixzscen

cbmcbmcbmcbm

May 13, 2021
Is there a setup with cheat engine where the character's affection/training stats are listed as well? Or maybe a way to just add the special characters without the hassle?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
*enters Elixir Wars (Thanatos Deus Stage 10) for the first time*
Gee, I wonder where that enemy-only unit with Fool's Lie 5 is.

Wait, don't I have that unit? Yes. Yes I do. And she can't equip Items. I'm slightly annoyed since, up until now, all recruitable units were identical to enemy versions. Enemy-exclusives like the Filth and Vanishing units are variations that clearly signal they have a different set of skills. If I wasn't specifically checking for this, I would never have known. All my battalions are running Terrain Null at this point so it didn't change the battle, but it's the spirit of the thing.

Anyway, I wonder what the final boss looks like.

Notice anything? No, it's not the fact that she's enemy-exclusive. No, it's not the skills (that Flank Attack 100 though...), but good guess. Take a look at that equipment. Apparently, enemies also have access to enemy-exclusive R13 gear. Like they needed it.

It'd be one thing if that gear actually contributed anything to them, but it literally does nothing but make them look more menacing. The extra Dimension Slash is useless, and the Flank Attack is just reinforcing the use of GP93 tanks. She only needs GP8+ to hit 98 herself, and I'm honestly surprised they didn't give her Slayer Defense 100 as an innate skill.

• Haha
Reactions: darweedz2491\

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Well, that was a trip. Playing through Elixir Wars was like solving a puzzle with every battle, and I loved the experience. There were several Poison-specialized divisions, an Action Block battalion, that one Byakko with max Defense reduction + Ranged formation + Flank Attack 45 and a bunch of Michaels, Sap Squad 425 on the last Vergius division, and so much other stuff that I wish the main game had more of. Did the last base without Shelling cheese too.

Final results screen says I lost a division even though I didn't. After some thinking, it might count enemy divisions lost when different factions clash, which is an unfortunate oversight. All in all, not bad for first clear without using the units that Thanatos Deus actually unlocks.

Thanks for the hours of amusement, VBHI. I'll probably hang around still optimizing stuff and maybe try B5 sometime, but I can only imagine how difficult building divisions for that would be.

Reactions: darweedz2491\

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Well, that was a trip. Playing through Elixir Wars was like solving a puzzle with every battle, and I loved the experience. There were several Poison-specialized divisions, an Action Block battalion, that one Byakko with max Defense reduction + Ranged formation + Flank Attack 45 and a bunch of Michaels, Sap Squad 425 on the last Vergius division, and so much other stuff that I wish the main game had more of. Did the last base without Shelling cheese too.

Final results screen says I lost a division even though I didn't. After some thinking, it might count enemy divisions lost when different factions clash, which is an unfortunate oversight. All in all, not bad for first clear without using the units that Thanatos Deus actually unlocks.

Thanks for the hours of amusement, VBHI. I'll probably hang around still optimizing stuff and maybe try B5 sometime, but I can only imagine how difficult building divisions for that would be.
How many lvls are there in elixer wars? Are those the stages after Deus stage 8? After beating the map with Conquerer Loki and all the Key unlocked units, it seemed to be repeating the same map a few times. I think I went to something like stage 11 and just exited because I thought it will keep going with same map with higher lvl enemies or something.

Anyways, I also put the game on the back burner after Thanatos B3. Not really because I hit a wall, but because I've unlocked everything except all the final tier items and just grinding for mats got kinda boring.

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes