ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
How many lvls are there in elixer wars? Are those the stages after Deus stage 8? After beating the map with Conquerer Loki and all the Key unlocked units, it seemed to be repeating the same map a few times. I think I went to something like stage 10 or 11 and just exited because I thought it will keep going with same map with higher lvl enemies or something.

Anyways, I also put the game on the back burner after Thanatos B3. Not really because I hit a wall, but because I've unlocked everything except all the final tier items and just grinding for mats got kinda boring.
Hard Deus goes up to Stage 8 (Onikage's Ambition), Very Hard adds Stage 9 (Dimensional Wars), and Thanatos adds Stage 10 (Elixir Wars).

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Hard Deus goes up to Stage 8 (Onikage's Ambition), Very Hard adds Stage 9 (Dimensional Wars), and Thanatos adds Stage 10 (Elixir Wars).
I guess my memory was skewed lol. Did deus on hard B5 and Thanatos B0. Maybe I did clear Thanatos B0 then. I remember Thanatos B0 being much easier than hard B5. Probably because I did hard B5 before any of the final key unlocks and before getting Iris.

Mar 19, 2018
I'm stuck on deus mode B5 stage 9 eventhough I was able to get S++ rank on 1-8 LOL

Rainbow war goddess and Voracious god vergius on the same batallion wreck everyone LOL

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My philosophy of 'kill them first before they kill us' doesn't work here lol
I guess I'm gonna stop playing this game for a while. Gonna look forward to steam sale.

micelak

Dec 1, 2018
Anyone else having problem selecting Inheritance Mode for New Game+? I lost, said yes to all the New Game+ content, then it takes me to a game to start, but Inheritance is greyed out. Anyone else got this issue?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Anyone else having problem selecting Inheritance Mode for New Game+? I lost, said yes to all the New Game+ content, then it takes me to a game to start, but Inheritance is greyed out. Anyone else got this issue?
I never lost so I'm not sure, but maybe you can't inherit from a losing save.

Sep 3, 2017
I'm stuck on deus mode B5 stage 9 eventhough I was able to get S++ rank on 1-8 LOL

Rainbow war goddess and Voracious god vergius on the same batallion wreck everyone LOL

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My philosophy of 'kill them first before they kill us' doesn't work here lol
I guess I'm gonna stop playing this game for a while. Gonna look forward to steam sale.
Yeah, Elixir Wars Thanatos B5 have 2 Voracious Vergius lv300 in one division. Must kill Iris's division first "before they kill us". I use frank equip or tactical skill for drain her force, use Divine Nachtu tactical skill "Banishing factor" for damage her tank, hit and run, back and try to kill her, so tired :/

Last edited:

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
I was thinking more in terms of gameplay, is there one that's less daunting at the start?
If you plan on playing Frontier at any point (and maybe hold out hope for its sequel Ragnarok), I would recommend starting there. It's less complex, and even though the tutorial royally sucks, that's pretty much true for all VB games, and Frontier holds your hand more than Hollow.

That said, if you're completely new to the series, there's a lot to learn in general (all of which is shared across most of the games), but that's what Easy difficulty is for. VB takes the "repeat after me" approach to teaching the player, so play on the slowest battle speed and pay attention to enemy units so you can learn from the AI.

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Altaeria

Mar 28, 2020
I would say that VB Chimera is the best to start for the gameplay of VB series, Frontier and Hollow are more "complicated" in my opinion

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
I would say that VB Chimera is the best to start for the gameplay of VB series, Frontier and Hollow are more "complicated" in my opinion
You're technically not wrong about Chimera being less complicated, but that's because it's a completely different type of game that plays much more like a typical VN with raising sim elements. More recent titles like Lagoon, Brave (kinda), and Ragnarok, and the English reboots of Frontier and Hypno (renamed to Hollow) are strategy games.

Aug 7, 2020
Hi dumb question when you rehire a unit Loyalty becomes Triumph and the Stats increase. How do i do this with Commander Units. Some of them have 100 Triumph some don´t and i do not remember what increased the Triumph of these who now have 100

kayuza77

Jan 20, 2020
Hi dumb question when you rehire a unit Loyalty becomes Triumph and the Stats increase. How do i do this with Commander Units. Some of them have 100 Triumph some don´t and i do not remember what increased the Triumph of these who now have 100
Commander will get Triumph increase when you apply their titles

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Is there any way to go over the level cap?
No. Level caps are fixed for player units, based on Growth. Enemy units have no level cap.

How does treasure hunting work? Do they just need to be in the party or do they need to get the actual kill?
Drop calculation uses the division with the highest total value for Treasure Hunt. Dead units don't count. Ideally, you stack as much Treasure Hunt as possible on a single division and resurrect it right before finishing a battle.

Shanni

Jul 6, 2019
hey ShinV

seems like you pretty much cleared everything and have pretty extensive knowledge and tinkered with the game quite a bit to gather information when I look at all your posts here.
I looked far and wide for an extensive walkthrough but couldn't find any better information than this thread.

Perhaps you could help me out:

1. Can you make a spreadsheet for which titels to choose for the commander units?
I'm halfway through law route (normal) but I just roll with what I know from VB Frontier and pick Dimensional slash left and right but after reading here it seems that it might sometimes not be the best option. I especially had difficulties picking the titels for Noel and Elsa....

2. Can you post a few battalions that work well in late(end)game with their titels, weapon, setup, altered or not and group leader?
Something like:
1. Babel, Defense Only + Hardy Physique 25, Item Name 1+ Item Name 2, Altered, Group Leader
2. ...

Perhaps say a few words what make this Squad/Batallion work + their strenghts and weaknesses. Something like - wrecks everything until Thanatos Berserk 2 or great for boss fights.... I assume you will have to build a squad especially against wraiths or against an enemy poison squad, too.
I know this would be a lot of work but it would help tremendously for everyone who doesn't have extensive knowledge about the game in the beginning and wants to have a few examples on how great teams look like. My teams seem to always be decent but not great -.-". Also helps people who don't have the patience to look for great squads. To make it less time consuming you could perhaps post a (full) savegame where the squads are already arranged so you could skip making the spreadsheet and only the explanation is needed.

Thank you very much

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
How do you patch the game? I downloaded the 1.03 patch thinking I would need to drop it in the source files, but it turns out the other download is the install files. After I installed the game, I tried to drop the 1.03 patch in that folder only to find that that file is already there. But when I booted up the game, it still says it's running on version 1.02. So how do I patch/update the game?

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes