Aug 1, 2017
How do you patch the game? I downloaded the 1.03 patch thinking I would need to drop it in the source files, but it turns out the other download is the install files. After I installed the game, I tried to drop the 1.03 patch in that folder only to find that that file is already there. But when I booted up the game, it still says it's running on version 1.02. So how do I patch/update the game?
Just copy it to the root directory, overwrite when prompted.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
hey ShinV

seems like you pretty much cleared everything and have pretty extensive knowledge and tinkered with the game quite a bit to gather information when I look at all your posts here.
I looked far and wide for an extensive walkthrough but couldn't find any better information than this thread.

Perhaps you could help me out:

1. Can you make a spreadsheet for which titels to choose for the commander units?
I'm halfway through law route (normal) but I just roll with what I know from VB Frontier and pick Dimensional slash left and right but after reading here it seems that it might sometimes not be the best option. I especially had difficulties picking the titels for Noel and Elsa....

2. Can you post a few battalions that work well in late(end)game with their titels, weapon, setup, altered or not and group leader?
Something like:
1. Babel, Defense Only + Hardy Physique 25, Item Name 1+ Item Name 2, Altered, Group Leader
2. ...

Perhaps say a few words what make this Squad/Batallion work + their strenghts and weaknesses. Something like - wrecks everything until Thanatos Berserk 2 or great for boss fights.... I assume you will have to build a squad especially against wraiths or against an enemy poison squad, too.
I know this would be a lot of work but it would help tremendously for everyone who doesn't have extensive knowledge about the game in the beginning and wants to have a few examples on how great teams look like. My teams seem to always be decent but not great -.-". Also helps people who don't have the patience to look for great squads. To make it less time consuming you could perhaps post a (full) savegame where the squads are already arranged so you could skip making the spreadsheet and only the explanation is needed.

Thank you very much
This is a huge project that I don't have time for right now, but I can give a few tips (plus I've been working on an optimal title guide for a bit now). You might also want to ask around on the Discord.

Before I start, lists all useful utility units (max barriers), and has example setups for every stage of the game up to and including B5 Thanatos Deus Stage 10. You can check individual character pages on the same wiki for title suggestions.

Everything here assumes you are tackling base Thanatos difficulty (including Deus Stage 8+).

You can download the spreadsheet linked in my signature to see all the title options. I will only be listing the "best" ones for each commander, as well as my recommendations for which form to use.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: cire and Shanni

Shanni

Jul 6, 2019
Before I start, lists all useful utility units (max barriers), and has example setups for every stage of the game up to and including B5 Thanatos Deus Stage 10. You can check individual character pages on the same wiki for title suggestions.
Thank you for your quick reply.

Any chance to change the language there to english?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Thank you for your quick reply.

Any chance to change the language there to english?
It's the Japanese wiki, so no. You'll have to paste the links into Google Translate or use your preferred machine translator.

Mar 19, 2018
If you guys don't mind cheating

is a really good cheat, especially the equipments cheat. No more confusion on who gets what LOL you can optimize everyone.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: fuckM3

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
TLDR: Should I bother completing the game on the non-True routes? Or are they only shortened versions of the True routes?

I don't want to be spoiled and plan to experience everything myself rather than through the walkthrough, but could someone explain the differences between the routes to me? Like, what's the difference between the Law Route and True Law Route? I don't mean what are the path requirements. Are the regular Law and Chaos routes just shortened versions of their True counterparts? And what is the Alioth scenario? Is it a route itself or a supplement to the other routes? The True Chaos route mentions the Alioth Scenario (as do some of the character recruitments when skimming through them), but if it's its own route, then wouldn't that prevent the player from being on both routes? I tried looking up the Alioth Scenario and it turns out that Alioth is a character that got added for the international version of the game. Does that mean the True Law and True Chaos routes weren't in the original release of the game?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
TLDR: Should I bother completing the game on the non-True routes? Or are they only shortened versions of the True routes?

I don't want to be spoiled and plan to experience everything myself rather than through the walkthrough, but could someone explain the differences between the routes to me? Like, what's the difference between the Law Route and True Law Route? I don't mean what are the path requirements. Are the regular Law and Chaos routes just shortened versions of their True counterparts? And what is the Alioth scenario? Is it a route itself or a supplement to the other routes? The True Chaos route mentions the Alioth Scenario (as do some of the character recruitments when skimming through them), but if it's its own route, then wouldn't that prevent the player from being on both routes? I tried looking up the Alioth Scenario and it turns out that Alioth is a character that got added for the international version of the game. Does that mean the True Law and True Chaos routes weren't in the original release of the game?
You are "forced" to complete normal routes for recruitment, title, and CG/event collection purposes.

True routes are short extensions of normal routes. They only have a single, extra-difficult mission and a very minor story expansion to accompany it.

The Alioth scenario is an optional series of events (including a difficult mission) available until midway through Chapter 6, at which point you are locked into a route. You need to complete the Alioth scenario and answer the question posed at the end in a specific way to access each of the true endings.

True Law was in the original release of Hypno, but had slightly different requirements. True Chaos is new.

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
Is there somewhere I can go to learn how to do the fights/play the game? I think I'm doing them incorrectly. Every level involves me just parking my 3 groups of units on my "do not lose this territory or you lose the game" territory and wait as the enemy continuously sends every wave of enemies at me. I can't move to fight back because the enemy just amasses 3 groups at each node. So, if I go fight at one node and, heaven forbid, actually manage to win the fight, then the enemy just sends a group from another node to take my home territory and I lose. As a result, I'm forced to just sit there and spam heal my troops until the enemy runs out of all but the 3 armies they leave on their "do not lose this territory or you lose the game" territory and pray that my gold lasts longer than the enemy troop size. Sometimes I get lucky and only one wave of armies attack me. Other times, I'm struggling to stay alive because multiple waves attack me in the same turn. I was hoping the tutorial would explain something, but it only puts up a static image that blocks out most of the screen and says a few words about certain areas on the screen. The walkthrough thing doesn't explain how to play the game, just the choice section and unit recruitment.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Is there somewhere I can go to learn how to do the fights/play the game? I think I'm doing them incorrectly. Every level involves me just parking my 3 groups of units on my "do not lose this territory or you lose the game" territory and wait as the enemy continuously sends every wave of enemies at me. I can't move to fight back because the enemy just amasses 3 groups at each node. So, if I go fight at one node and, heaven forbid, actually manage to win the fight, then the enemy just sends a group from another node to take my home territory and I lose. As a result, I'm forced to just sit there and spam heal my troops until the enemy runs out of all but the 3 armies they leave on their "do not lose this territory or you lose the game" territory and pray that my gold lasts longer than the enemy troop size. Sometimes I get lucky and only one wave of armies attack me. Other times, I'm struggling to stay alive because multiple waves attack me in the same turn. I was hoping the tutorial would explain something, but it only puts up a static image that blocks out most of the screen and says a few words about certain areas on the screen. The walkthrough thing doesn't explain how to play the game, just the choice section and unit recruitment.
You can ask for advice in Discord and read previous posts on teambuilding, particularly about the role of the Guarder (tank) and decoys. Play on Easy difficulty (Normal is fine too, but just don't play on Hard) to learn the ropes, and always unlock new Tactica when available to expand your recruitment options.

For NG specifically, pick up new units to improve your starting divisions and ditch the useless 1 and 2-cost units asap (don't fire them; keep them in division 30 or something for Internal Affairs). You do not need to field a full battalion to take enemy bases, especially early on. Consolidate your best units into one or two divisions and use those to blitz maps.

Orochimiyu

Apr 22, 2018
Anyone ?
Save with unlock all commander unit
-Tsubame
-Bride julia
-nachtu
-hamud
-alioth
-goddess sylvia
-kuzunoha
-vergius
-doris
-geisel
-magach
-orga
-iris
-mason
-regina

Because i dont wanna replay more than the story

Some Guy 9001

Jul 6, 2018
I see, thanks. How about chaos route but only corrupting Sylvia, would I still be able to avoid sharing/ntr?
Hmm. On Chaos route, there's a point where you have to make a sacrifice. Your options are "the dark lords", which involves scenes with them that degrade them, and requires their corruption if they aren't already corrupted, Almirangda and Luselli (only available if she hasn't become a fallen angel), the formers scene is just with Leon, but Luselli's scene is her being used by a bunch of guys, and "the population of each country", and any non corrupted dark lords will object to this and rebel, after you defeat them, you skip straight to the final degrading sex scene you'd get with them if you sacrificed them. So I guess the closest to what you're asking for is sacrificing Almirangda and Luselli, since that minimizes the amount of girls getting scenes with not Leon.

Reactions: lastcorn

rosethorn87

Jul 12, 2019
*skims the OP*
Non censored win
50+ hours? I'm in
Reads well overall

Anyone know of games of similar length im tapped out on my steam games, rome 2 has paled a bit, twhm2 I've played to death, my few RPG's I've played multiple times on steam and my ps4 games I've all done three times (thanks lockdown) lol

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Can someone explain to me what time limits there are for viewing the events?
It seems to be tied to mission clears? Does viewing a event like Rest also a mission clear?

ChubbyX

May 27, 2020
Anyone can help to get both iris and alioth I saw those characters in some vid guide Soo I what to know how I need to do and what route I need to follow I already finished the chaos route now I'm on new game+ and try to see if following the law route this time but idk if I'm doing it right Soo if anyone help to guide me through to get alioth and iris on the gallery collection

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes