Tyktamsyl

Oct 30, 2018
I have a question. So I just reached Satsuki and I want to know what the difference between capturing her and the other are? I know capturing her gives law, but do you still corrupt her or is it more of a thing of handing her over to the empire? Also can you awaken sub commanders, or is that not a thing since they don't have counterparts? I'm assuming the other option is to alter her.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
I have a question. So I just reached Satsuki and I want to know what the difference between capturing her and the other are? I know capturing her gives law, but do you still corrupt her or is it more of a thing of handing her over to the empire? Also can you awaken sub commanders, or is that not a thing since they don't have counterparts? I'm assuming the other option is to alter her.
Raping her gives you a CG and Chaos point, recruiting her gives you Law points and no CG. Raping her gives you her Altered Form, which means no Commander or Tactical skills but slightly higher stats. Sub-commanders tend to have crap tactical skills but sometimes their commander skills are not bad, so the best option depends on whether you want to let them lead a division or not.

It's unlikely you'll find out exactly what you want to do with each character on a first playthrough so don't sweat it too much. If you want to go Chaos route rape her, if you want to go Law recruit her.

Tyktamsyl

Oct 30, 2018
Raping her gives you a CG and Chaos point, recruiting her gives you Law points and no CG. Raping her gives you her Altered Form, which means no Commander or Tactical skills but slightly higher stats. Sub-commanders tend to have crap tactical skills but sometimes their commander skills are not bad, so the best option depends on whether you want to let them lead a division or not.

It's unlikely you'll find out exactly what you want to do with each character on a first playthrough so don't sweat it too much. If you want to go Chaos route rape her, if you want to go Law recruit her.
Oh okay thanks, I actually didn't expect an answer so quickly. I was just curious if there was different CGs for capturing her, since I know with the dark lords you can awaken them instead of brainwashing them.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Oh okay thanks, I actually didn't expect an answer so quickly. I was just curious if there was different CGs for capturing her, since I know with the dark lords you can awaken them instead of brainwashing them.
Nazuna and Dorothy are the only ones where capturing them without rape can give you a CG later, via one of these optional "Peacekeeping Missions". Though I think you need to be on the Law route to unlock them.

Feb 20, 2020
Does anyone know how can decrypt dat file extract from xp3 file. I want to translate other Venusblood game but dat file seem encrypt

sandor nagy

May 31, 2018
Friendly warning again... - as someone reported my previous comment for 'spam' ?! - virustotal reported the installer containing malware. Just saying. This is not a spam. Anyone can verify this.

kharza

Jan 23, 2018
Do buffs stack?

For example if I have a passive trait on a unit which gives maximum attack + 25 , and equip an item on it that gives maxiumum attack + 5, then will I have 25 or 30 total of maximum attack on the unit? Also team wide buffs .. if I have squad boost +5 on one unit and squad boost + 8 on another will I have +13 for the whole squad or just 8?

I´d appreciate any help, I wasn´t able to find this information anywhere.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Do buffs stack?

For example if I have a passive trait on a unit which gives maximum attack + 25 , and equip an item on it that gives maxiumum attack + 5, then will I have 25 or 30 total of maximum attack on the unit? Also team wide buffs .. if I have squad boost +5 on one unit and squad boost + 8 on another will I have +13 for the whole squad or just 8?

Yes, they all stack.

Reactions: kharza

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Do buffs stack?

To add a bit of that for anyone that might skim-read this later, Squad Boosts, and any other boost for that matter, will stack for every other applicable unit except the ones that provide it. As an example squad: Unit A, Unit B (Squad +5), Unit C (Squad +8), then Units D, E, F.

In this example. Units A, D, E, F will get +13. Unit B will get +8. Unit C will get +5. It's important to keep track of who's buffing what and by how much, because you always want your main attacking units getting ALL the big boosts in your squad. You want to share the love, obviously, but you'll generally want that one unit that's getting everything and which will, hopefully, murder the enemy before they can murder you.

Apr 30, 2020
Why does no barrier show up in-battle
I stacked up spell barrier with my commander using Nornir robe and mithril claws but I dont see the barrier number during battle but
Sylvia (Genius Younger sister) have shelling barrier is it different?

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Why does no barrier show up in-battle
I stacked up spell barrier with my commander using Nornir robe and mithril claws but I dont see the barrier number during battle but
Sylvia (Genius Younger sister) have shelling barrier is it different?
Shelling Barrier, Spell Barrier, Self-D Barrier, Strat Barrier and Barrier, are all entirely different things.

Shelling Barrier reduces damage from start of battle skills (Shelling skills) by a percentage, for the entire division. If a unit has 40 Shelling Barrier, they reduce that damage by 40%. This doesn't block Poison Blast/Field/M-Field.

Spell Barrier does a similar thing, only for end of turn skills like Fire Blast, Light Field etc. Same percentage gimmick, same weakness to Poison Shelling/Field/M-Field.

Self-D Barrier is for self-destruct skills. Strat Barrier is for tactical skills, though keep in mind that it doesn't block any debuffs they give, just the damage.

All of the above skills stack multiplicatively if they're on different units, so the goal is usually to have the value of 100 on a single unit if at all possible. Which ones you need depend on what you're facing, what difficulty you're on, and the set-up of your division.

Barrier is the only skill that provides a value for the Barrier number, which acts like an extra pile of HP for your entire battalion. Barrier values stack directly for the entire battalion. So the more you have, the more effective it is in theory. At lower difficulties, enough of it can act as a replacement for Shelling Barrier, or work with lower values of it to prevent start of battle damage to your divisions. It also works takes the hit for Poison skills, which can make it surprisingly useful in some niche scenarios... though it's hard to build for it.

Lastly, I don't know if it's intended or a bug, but usually, Barrier from Tactical Skills overrides the Barrier from the Barrier skill, so if the latter is higher, don't use any Tactical Skills that give Barrier before it's actually lower, or you're effective wasting it.

Reactions: Casttyler08881
Apr 30, 2020
Shelling Barrier, Spell Barrier, Self-D Barrier, Strat Barrier and Barrier, are all entirely different things.

Shelling Barrier reduces damage from start of battle skills (Shelling skills) by a percentage, for the entire division. If a unit has 40 Shelling Barrier, they reduce that damage by 40%. This doesn't block Poison Blast/Field/M-Field.

Spell Barrier does a similar thing, only for end of turn skills like Fire Blast, Light Field etc. Same percentage gimmick, same weakness to Poison Shelling/Field/M-Field.

Self-D Barrier is for self-destruct skills. Strat Barrier is for tactical skills, though keep in mind that it doesn't block any debuffs they give, just the damage.

All of the above skills stack multiplicatively if they're on different units, so the goal is usually to have the value of 100 on a single unit if at all possible. Which ones you need depend on what you're facing, what difficulty you're on, and the set-up of your division.

Barrier is the only skill that provides a value for the Barrier number, which acts like an extra pile of HP for your entire battalion. Barrier values stack directly for the entire battalion. So the more you have, the more effective it is in theory. At lower difficulties, enough of it can act as a replacement for Shelling Barrier, or work with lower values of it to prevent start of battle damage to your divisions. It also works takes the hit for Poison skills, which can make it surprisingly useful in some niche scenarios... though it's hard to build for it.

Lastly, I don't know if it's intended or a bug, but usually, Barrier from Tactical Skills overrides the Barrier from the Barrier skill, so if the latter is higher, don't use any Tactical Skills that give Barrier before it's actually lower, or you're effective wasting it.
Thanks

kharza

Jan 23, 2018
To add a bit of that for anyone that might skim-read this later, Squad Boosts, and any other boost for that matter, will stack for every other applicable unit except the ones that provide it. As an example squad: Unit A, Unit B (Squad +5), Unit C (Squad +8), then Units D, E, F.

In this example. Units A, D, E, F will get +13. Unit B will get +8. Unit C will get +5. It's important to keep track of who's buffing what and by how much, because you always want your main attacking units getting ALL the big boosts in your squad. You want to share the love, obviously, but you'll generally want that one unit that's getting everything and which will, hopefully, murder the enemy before they can murder you.

Thanks.

If you don´t mind another question, what does leader link do? I´m starting to have difficulties in battles and unsure if its something I should be paying much attention to.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Thanks.

If you don´t mind another question, what does leader link do? I´m starting to have difficulties in battles and unsure if its something I should be paying much attention to.
Leader Link gives a boost to all other units that are linked to a leader unit if it exists. For a concrete example, if you have Anora and Leon in a squad and Leon is the leader, Anora gets a boost. I don't remember the exact value, but I think it was something like 10% to all stats except health? Something along those lines.

That said, in all my experiences with the game from Hard B5 to Thanatos, I've never had to seriously care about leader links. Stat boosts are useful yes, but you end up in a lot of situations where your main attacker needs to be the leader because of their Leader skills (Eden and Iris are excellent examples), so they don't benefit from leader link anyway...

It's probably useful for stuff like Berzerk Thanatos and whatnot, but outside of that? Far from mandatory, much like formations. Though you can certainly min-max with it in mind once you have a better grasp of overall division building. I just don't recommend it unless you're going for the crazy stuff. There's usually a lot of other problems that can be fixed before you even have to think about leader links.

Battler-kun

Dec 30, 2020
why is it always the purple haired/nail girls ALWAYS get fcked by others and never have the mcs attention/lust/affection. Always depicted as Ultra mega super slut succubui. Im trying to enjoy them myself not a fucking pig beat me to it lol

kharza

Jan 23, 2018
I´m on second playtrhough chaos route ( my first one was true law route ) and I´m at the final chapter where Almirangda asks me to choose between 3 choices of who to sacrifice. My problem is that I´m not able to choose the first option. I´ve found a guide that says that to do so Luseli can´t become a fallen angel. However I have no idea how to accomplish that, since it was an unskippable event.
Any help would be appreciated.

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes