Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. Mission accomplished! Although it makes you wonder how the fuck they got the hell doggos in there to begin with.

I keep trying to come at it with different styles, like a chosen one would be from a stance of 'this time, I'm playing a sword and board fighter', how would I do this legit?

2. True, but I was looking at it more like, how could the player train themselves to deal with / resist it? Such as a Paladin or Monk style purity of body / diamond soul sort of nonsense.

I mean, Silas Law fought these in the past and managed, for example. So there had to be means to resist and combat them in close quarters; the man used a spear.

The other horseman (Juste? The Cook. ) was just too angry to die and used dual swords or whatever.

William had to have some sort of trick, considering whom he was married to and all that.

4. Kind of wild that Acrobat is their own class. Most of the stuff they do I attribute others for. Falling long distances? Monk. Climbing walls? Thief. Running up walls (or even dashing along water at high level) Monks again. Performance stuff? Bard. etc. Losing both parents in a freak accident and being picked up a square chinned, masked crime fighter? ...Okay, Acrobats can have that one. (But technically the crime fighter is a martial artist, sooo...)

But the gargoyle quest giver statue hybrid is flipping adorable. I'll give her that.
1. Adventurers can donate creatures. The PC can donate most monster kids to the arena.

2. Large enough health pool that it didn't matter.

4. I want to add in her race but Primora isn't ready yet.

kitsune start when?
Working on it. Certain art is hard to find and male kitsune is a dry market of stuff I like.

I'm not confusing nothin'. D&D nerd, DM, and player for over two decades here. Every silly edition. Ninja's could be considered either a rogue or monk style, but were typically stealth and pointy objects. Scary dangerous glass cannons. (They also get melted by lone Samurai. It's a critical weakness, unfortunately.)

Monks are the type that will perfect the same strike 10,000 times to master the ability to punch through a target, a wall, and the guy behind that wall. (Monk weapons do exist, and some of them are quite strong, but most eventually grow outclassed as the hand to hand die improved.)

Monks as a core class were running up and down walls, flipping through the air, deflecting missiles and chucking them back, becoming immune to every kind of poison and disease and saying 'nope' to fear and charm spells, regardless of the level.

They still typically got outclassed by pure Fighters, especially when you add magical weapons into the mix, but Monks had all sorts of really fun nonsense, as well as hyper mobility. So long as you had chi to burn, there was a lot of neat nonsense to be done.

One of the silliest combinations is a Centaur Monk, for example. In the later levels, monks can run up walls, so long as they don't stop. It doesn't matter what race they are. So clickity clomp, clomp, clomp up the castle wall they go. (Surviving to make it to those later levels could be tricky though, depending on how many ladders show up across the journey.)

Endgame, wizards and sorcerers are still the top of the pack, but that's just how it goes.
Since the ORC license is open source I could technically code in an xp leveling system and combat system. It is always an option.

This would focus what classes the PC could do but give a stronger focus on individual abilities. I would also have to restart the game (again, for the fourth time).

Reactions: Serpream
Mar 23, 2022
I'm not confusing nothin'. D&D nerd, DM, and player for over two decades here. Every silly edition. Ninja's could be considered either a rogue or monk style, but were typically stealth and pointy objects. Scary dangerous glass cannons. (They also get melted by lone Samurai. It's a critical weakness, unfortunately.)

Monks are the type that will perfect the same strike 10,000 times to master the ability to punch through a target, a wall, and the guy behind that wall. (Monk weapons do exist, and some of them are quite strong, but most eventually grow outclassed as the hand to hand die improved.)

Monks as a core class were running up and down walls, flipping through the air, deflecting missiles and chucking them back, becoming immune to every kind of poison and disease and saying 'nope' to fear and charm spells, regardless of the level.

They still typically got outclassed by pure Fighters, especially when you add magical weapons into the mix, but Monks had all sorts of really fun nonsense, as well as hyper mobility. So long as you had chi to burn, there was a lot of neat nonsense to be done.

One of the silliest combinations is a Centaur Monk, for example. In the later levels, monks can run up walls, so long as they don't stop. It doesn't matter what race they are. So clickity clomp, clomp, clomp up the castle wall they go. (Surviving to make it to those later levels could be tricky though, depending on how many ladders show up across the journey.)

Endgame, wizards and sorcerers are still the top of the pack, but that's just how it goes.
You may be right on this one as I'm not familiar with D&D classes. I think the last time I played was like 5-6 years ago and we had the base classes for I think the 6th gen. But I was refering more so to older movies. But if you have more solid D&D stuff then we'll go with that.

Since the ORC license is open source I could technically code in an xp leveling system and combat system. It is always an option.

This would focus what classes the PC could do but give a stronger focus on individual abilities. I would also have to restart the game (again, for the fourth time).
Please don't. I like changing classes and not being limited to my class. I'm me, not <<$name>> the <<$class>>. I'm a thief who slings spells, sings song, punches harder then a dump truck and is a succubus. I'm not just a thief.

In saying that I have no say in what you do. So I'll still support you if you did decide to go that route.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Please don't. I like changing classes and not being limited to my class. I'm me, not <<$name>> the <<$class>>. I'm a thief who slings spells, sings song, punches harder then a dump truck and is a succubus. I'm not just a thief.

In saying that I have no say in what you do. So I'll still support you if you did decide to go that route.
The Hall of Heroes would still exist and allow class changes. It would be more of changing how skills/abilities work.

I want to give working in the shops more impact on the story so there's a reason to do so. Manning the counter in the flower shop would be an intelligence position as you have to know what flowers go in what bundles, netting you Intelligence xp along with the meager gold reward.

Instead of having a 10 in Intelligence, you start at 100, but it is divided by 10 so having 101 or 199 would be the same stat.

I also want to set a defined set of skills and their uses.

I'm looking at my current combat system and testing ways to improve it but its current version is reaching what it can do. It will need to be replaced if I want it to be better.

For the moment it is fine as is, I'll possibly make a combat test file to try out a new system and put it to a vote.

How do i get a batgirl? all i know is that they are in the sewers but i don't know what to do.
* Buy rope from either the mountain shops or the market in Avedon
* Beat and then capture a bat

You should get the quest 'Breaking the Bat' which should help you along from there. Basically:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mar 23, 2022
1. The Hall of Heroes would still exist and allow class changes. It would be more of changing how skills/abilities work.

2. I want to give working in the shops more impact on the story so there's a reason to do so.

3. Manning the counter in the flower shop would be an intelligence position as you have to know what flowers go in what bundles, netting you Intelligence xp along with the meager gold reward.

4. Instead of having a 10 in Intelligence, you start at 100, but it is divided by 10 so having 101 or 199 would be the same stat.

5. I also want to set a defined set of skills and their uses.

6. I'm looking at my current combat system and testing ways to improve it but its current version is reaching what it can do. It will need to be replaced if I want it to be better.

For the moment it is fine as is, I'll possibly make a combat test file to try out a new system and put it to a vote.
1. Good to know my thief/wizard/bard/monk/fighter/succubus play style would be safe.

2. What do you mean by that? Do you mean like story events are hidden behind working at the shop similar to the thief and the bread shop? Or that it'd be better for the player to go and work at shops instead of just punching stuff to level up? More claarifacation on this would be nice.

3. As it is now when you level up you get a point to add to any stat. If working give stats does that mean leveling up would also change to fit this so leveling up won't give stats or would it still give stats?

4. Makes sense. Combat would need to be reworked due to those changes too. Can't have something doubling 5 now doubling 100. Wait you've figured out how to round numbers in QGen? Please tell me. I couldn't find it on the wiki.

5. I have questions but they'll wait for now. No point asking soemthing if it's going to change right?

6. If you do decide to make a new combat mechanic I'd still like to look through it. No harm in viewing someone else work right? Even if the community votes against it.

6a. It's funny. One of the main things I actually was going to test in my quest area was a new test fight mechanic once I figure out one thing and after I was finished the lore part. The other main one was crime, I was going to test out a few things regarding that. I have a few other smaller ideas like enchanting, new inventory system, necromancy/puppetry (summons) just to name a few. Most of the major ones would require a rework (obviously) but in a enclosed enviroment it would be fine to test those out without breaking the game. If they broke there then they can't break the game. Also better yet if people didn't like it then it wouldn't matter it's a single quest.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Correct, she goes back to her continent which isn't in the game yet.

1. Good to know my thief/wizard/bard/monk/fighter/succubus play style would be safe.

2. What do you mean by that? Do you mean like story events are hidden behind working at the shop similar to the thief and the bread shop? Or that it'd be better for the player to go and work at shops instead of just punching stuff to level up? More claarifacation on this would be nice.

3. As it is now when you level up you get a point to add to any stat. If working give stats does that mean leveling up would also change to fit this so leveling up won't give stats or would it still give stats?

4. Makes sense. Combat would need to be reworked due to those changes too. Can't have something doubling 5 now doubling 100. Wait you've figured out how to round numbers in QGen? Please tell me. I couldn't find it on the wiki.

5. I have questions but they'll wait for now. No point asking soemthing if it's going to change right?

6. If you do decide to make a new combat mechanic I'd still like to look through it. No harm in viewing someone else work right? Even if the community votes against it.

6a. It's funny. One of the main things I actually was going to test in my quest area was a new test fight mechanic once I figure out one thing and after I was finished the lore part. The other main one was crime, I was going to test out a few things regarding that. I have a few other smaller ideas like enchanting, new inventory system, necromancy/puppetry (summons) just to name a few. Most of the major ones would require a rework (obviously) but in a enclosed enviroment it would be fine to test those out without breaking the game. If they broke there then they can't break the game. Also better yet if people didn't like it then it wouldn't matter it's a single quest.
2. Regular events will happen as normal. This is just to give players a reason to visit all the little side jobs and also power level specific stats. A few dozen hours worked at the Port Bar and the player is gonna be pretty swift since they gotta run around a lot.

3. It could give unassigned stat points which you can put anywhere. I could also just do away with leveling up entirely as that does nothing for the player themselves anymore.

4. Divide by 10 and let it ignore the partial numbers. Base stats, so around 10 in everything, means that you would technically have a 100 in Strength. Do some heavy lifting for the bakery and you get 110, and you now have an 11 in Strength.

5. Mining, Smithing, Flying, Harvesting, Sex, ect. All the little unnamed skills that I've added over time that were not originally planned. Maybe I'll even add in some languages so the PC can understand goblin or Kitsune.

6. Looking at other QSP games on here I don't see many that are trying what I'm trying.

Rubedo, Zireal and Power are some of the few actual fantasy ones with a full combat system.

Power's combat is what I would like to have, but it is so janky that I don't really want to try to make my own version. A general number for how far away is fine.

Reactions: PsyTurtle

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
The concept of side content and quests that further reward and empower your character is a good one, I think. Maybe to a cap, depending on the content, but that's a balance thing.

This gives even more reason to explore and just do side quests and jobs, which often yield sexy time events, but this is extra (and welcome) incentive.

It could easily extend to stuff you do on the farm, or at other locations.

Such as:

Working on the farm, with or without your trusty gobs. The farm muscles are real.

Training with your waifus/ gobs / fam at said farm.

Working on as a lumberjack could also yield some sweet gains, but all that sweat and toil probably makes for some super randy coworkers.

If you are celebrated
, after uniting the Foxgods, working with the Kitsune / Avee / helping with their rituals in could be interesting. Basically being a part-time Shinto priestess.

Working as a deckhand on the Femme Fatalis, even if it's just traveling to the island. Yes, the Captain can do most of the things with her powers, but then the crew doesn't learn necessary skills either, which is pretty essential for a pirate / privateer ship.

Let's say the Sphinx creature encounter hypothetically is a thing: Answering the once a day riddle could be int or knowledge gain.

And of course, the obvious elephant cock in the room: Sex. There's no way getting plowed by Meat, or satisfying a threesome with wives and lovers handily, or Mariko, Avee, (or both) jumping your bones wouldn't be Endurance training. Maybe make those events hit a bit harder in regard to vigor cost /temporary loss so they are slightly less spammable, depending on the intensity.

Doing the deed kind of is the PC's bread and butter, after all.

...Although, with that logic, wouldn't a PC stuck in captivity eventually grow strong enough to solo the camp they are enslaved in, given enough time? ...Meh.

A further suggestion for those of us that enjoy hunting down lore or achievements: Make them worth a stat point on nabbing 'em as a reward. Stats are sexy. Shiny number go up.

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes