orzosavo

Apr 11, 2020
11 divided by half is around 5 or 6.

Not sure how I'm messing up but I have to be proud of how creative it is. If it didn't land on 0 sometimes I would keep it and just let it spout off random numbers.
could try Math.ceil() or Math.floor() to round up or down depending on what you want with the rounded value

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
I fixed the math.floor() issue.

It was my crit system, seems to work now.

It was also the fact that I reused the same $tempdamage variable for all of combat.

I also broke the enemy detection as well and do have issues with armor, thus I have another question:

Should armor negate damage entirely and should armor raise your chance to not be hit?

For example, the spell Ice Armor gives 5 armor. Damage that is equal to or less than 5 is negated, currently. If the enemy does 6 damage then the player would take 1 damage that rolls over the armor value.

In QSP the armor system added to the to-hit and then they dealt damage.

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020

It was also the fact that I reused the same $tempdamage variable for all of combat.

I also broke the enemy detection as well and do have issues with armor, thus I have another question:

Should armor negate damage entirely and should armor raise your chance to not be hit?

For example, the spell Ice Armor gives 5 armor. Damage that is equal to or less than 5 is negated, currently. If the enemy does 6 damage then the player would take 1 damage that rolls over the armor value.

yeh armor should reduce damage, but have different type of armor, armor that give more defenses come with the weight penalty that lower evade that have chance to negate damage, while lower weight armor less defense but less penalty to dodge chance, make it to category of heavy,medium,and light weight armor. If you just make the evade chance base off the speed stat it be much simpler by having the armor weight giving negative speed penalty.
Another suggestion for armor is having magical defense which is separate from physical defense, this way you can use clothing that are enchanted that more effective to ward off magic attacks than regular armor.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022

Why would you want to block damage at a 1-1? Unless damage doesn't go above 100 that seems pointless. You could turn it to have it so it blocks a percentage of damage that increases the more armour you have. For example 10 points of armour is 15% block. 20 points for 30% etc. Then after 50% you'd put a soft cap meaning instead of needing 10 points for 15% you'd need 30 armour points to get the same effect. Then at about 80-90% put a hard cap meaning it can't go above it.

Because standard armour is for blocking physical damage while less/no armour is for dodging attacks.

Reactions: dadazu

kopeiko

Dec 20, 2019

About armor, maybe make this like a Path of exile?
There the armor works like this, the damage reduction cap is 90, but the more damage you get, the less the armor protects, and to completely block damage, armor requires x times more damage than damage.
Rule of thumb
  • To prevent one third of damage (33%), you need armour 2.5 times the damage (e.g. 250 armour for 100 damage)
  • To prevent half of damage (50%), you need armour 5 times the damage (e.g. 500 armour for 100 damage)
  • To prevent two thirds of damage (66%), you need armour 10 times the damage (e.g. 1000 armour for 100 damage)
  • To prevent three quarters of damage (75%), you need armour 15 times the damage (e.g. 1500 armour for 100 damage)
  • To prevent 90% of damage, you need armour 45 times the damage (e.g. 4500 armour for 100 damage)
  • Armour will never prevent more damage than its value divided by 5 (e.g. 1000 armour will never prevent more than 200 damage)
1727154576820.png

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Math make Fox go sleepy time, but evasion builds should hopefully be a thing too, for swag swordsmen, battlemagus types, lurid dancing bards and of course monks.

The extends to enemy types or races that are annoyingly difficult to hit, like fey, farie (almost the same, but I'm thinking more of a size issue), ghosts, lubed up dark elves fighting in bondage gear, whatever.

Reactions: Serpream

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Alright, I'll math up some damage reduction fractions when I get to adding the armor and their values. Currently working on weapons.

Should there be enemy attacks that auto hit? Magic just hits enemies with no save so should the same happen to the player?

This isn't really relevant to Avedon but I want the framework in so when the player starts fighting naga shaman types I don't have to redo the combat system weeks/months down the line and forget how it works.

Mar 23, 2022
Alright, I'll math up some damage reduction fractions when I get to adding the armor and their values. Currently working on weapons.

Should there be enemy attacks that auto hit? Magic just hits enemies with no save so should the same happen to the player?

This isn't really relevant to Avedon but I want the framework in so when the player starts fighting naga shaman types I don't have to redo the combat system weeks/months down the line and forget how it works.
I personally think you should. But even if you set it up in the code and it's never used what's the worse that could happen? Nothing.

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020

some magic only, causes like firebolt should still consider to be a projectile that u can move out of the way to not get hit, guarantee hit magic should be something really cover wide area like a thunderstorm spell or instantaneous spell like smite, of course you should only give those type of magic for really strong enemies or bosses not for regular mob.

hellfire8100

Aug 26, 2017
I'd also like to add the idea of the Wisdom stat (or whatever the magic stat is, haven't played in a while) should give some reduction to magical damage, making it a bit more worthwhile for non-spellcasters. (if it doesnt Already)

Reactions: Unimportant321

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
I have done most of what I can with weapons and attacking in melee. Giant Snakes will not be immune to damage when I release the demo, they're just the first enemy the player fights so I've been editing it to test out various features.

Spells have also been added with a variety of uses. I'll just copy/paste them from the spellbook as I don't want to type them all out again. I have listed their schools of magic and you'll notice that some spells do the same thing as others. That is because I want to make some enemies be immune to one type. An example is that Heat Wave will not work on a demon as they are immune to fire, but Gravity Well will.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Only thing I need to run through is the menu at the top to ensure that the player can properly equip things on the go and doesn't get locked in menus.

Another thing is that healing spells don't affect allies but that is a fight I'll tackle some other day, I'm getting tired of working on combat.

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
I have done most of what I can with weapons and attacking in melee. Giant Snakes will not be immune to damage when I release the demo, they're just the first enemy the player fights so I've been editing it to test out various features.

Spells have also been added with a variety of uses. I'll just copy/paste them from the spellbook as I don't want to type them all out again. I have listed their schools of magic and you'll notice that some spells do the same thing as others. That is because I want to make some enemies be immune to one type. An example is that Heat Wave will not work on a demon as they are immune to fire, but Gravity Well will.

Only thing I need to run through is the menu at the top to ensure that the player can properly equip things on the go and doesn't get locked in menus.

Another thing is that healing spells don't affect allies but that is a fight I'll tackle some other day, I'm getting tired of working on combat.
I have another suggestion about the smite spell, give it to the paladin that player tend to encounter when u trying to kidnap the nun during helping the bandits repeated quest, have that spell deal double damage vs undead character like Tonya or demon like the 2 sibling and player character when they're in succubus or incubus class. Function the same way when player use the spell vs demon and undead creature. Oh, and same thing with holy light too guess that just the upgrade version of smite that cost more mana to cast and hit multiple targets.

Last edited:

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Writing out the sex combat behavior...sucks.

It feels too rigid and I don't like it.

The initial sex system I had in Rubedo was basically the same thing I just made, where the PC can orgasm multiple times but they're using different body parts to try and make someone else cum.

So....

Either my stat breakdown needs to change, which I don't really want to do as the PC can simply train up Speed(which controls Stamina) by running around their farm, or I need a different way to handle the PC fucking enemies in combat.

Any ideas/suggestions on how other games do it so I can go look?

Reactions: Vombatidi

Vombatidi

Jul 19, 2021

The initial sex system I had in Rubedo was basically the same thing I just made, where the PC can orgasm multiple times but they're using different body parts to try and make someone else cum.

So....

Either my stat breakdown needs to change, which I don't really want to do as the PC can simply train up Speed(which controls Stamina) by running around their farm, or I need a different way to handle the PC fucking enemies in combat.

I don't remember what the combat was like, however other titles that have sex/combat mechanics are;
Corruption of Champions I and II, Lust for Adventure, Trials in Tainted Space and similar. All of these systems have a "lust" index which if filled with "lewdy" actions, results in the defeat or victory of the conflict and the subsequent erotic scene.

Others have the sex scene after the conflict, as a PC decision, consenting, not etc.
Course of Temptation has a sex system that is actually a combat system. If you squint you can see the similarities.

BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
Is there like a quickstart guide or walkthrough, or just some general tips to get going?

I started playing, got my ass beaten twice (first one was scripted so I guess that one doesn't count), was repeatedly raped, and I have no money, no gear, and no idea what to do or where to go... Not exactly my personal definition of a good time.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Is there like a quickstart guide or walkthrough, or just some general tips to get going?

I started playing, got my ass beaten twice (first one was scripted so I guess that one doesn't count), was repeatedly raped, and I have no money, no gear, and no idea what to do or where to go... Not exactly my personal definition of a good time.
Main thing is to avoid any combat at first, your character sucks.
There are no time limits on MOST quests, so you are not obligated to charge into the kitsune shrine or hunt the HOA killer immediately.
Always remember to EQUIP any weapons, gear, Spells, or Allies that you have. They are not added to your character immediately.
Don't be afraid of dying or being captured, it is USUALLY not a game over and you can usually get yourself out of those situations eventually.
The game won't really hold your hand and lead you from point to point in quests, so don't be afraid to explore. If you get stuck on something specific, don't be afraid to ask folks here, someone will know what you need.
I am sure there are plenty of other tips that would help out, but for a completely new person to the game, hopefully this will help some.

RyuLazy

Nov 20, 2023

So....

From what other games have done lemme think back...

CoC (Corruption of Champtions), CoC2, TiTs (Trials in Tainted space) uses a system where sex attacks is basically just modified by any player skills they have, being mostly static attacks from and at enemies, It wasn't complex but very simple to achieve what it wanted.

Lilith's Throne, Broken Dreams Correctional Center uses more complex modifiers the player themselves can tweak globally. Some Enemies/NPCs might prefer big titted female characters, others might like small cocked futas, so sexual attacks that used parts would scale better or worst with those preferences.

Pulling up some ideas I could throw into the ring, I think having a grapple/molest option probably would be better than just flaunting your bits. It seems like a much better way to do it than just pulling down your pants to stroke off to entice the enemy unless they're that lust drunk, because you could just flaunt your stuff before the battle even starts and that saves the trouble of the battle in the first place.

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020

So....

if you feel the problem is because a single stat for stamina control causes it to become too easy to exploit by repeatedly training that single stat, just make that stamina become the limiter of how much u can train, each training took a percentage chunk out of your current stamina which you can no longer train when it reaches 0. You can also reduce the amount growths from just self-training, at the same time I feel that just having speed to determine stamina gain is bit too simplistic, example for speed you gain 0.5 of a point while endurance get 0.3 and strength get 0.2 of stamina, but this might become more work for ya.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022

If you're really really really are against losing then CaptainBipto gave a pretty good starting idea. Personally I work at the Frog until I have 11k, buy the nursing degree, then swap over to the Clinic in the slums, but that's just me. Also the M1 Garand in Monduval can end up being a really powerful weapon. It scales off of enemies defeated, this is unlocked after buying the kitsune traitor's freedom in the goblin cave and going to fort reach with it equiped.

So....

Monster girl dreams is a really good sex combat game, the combat is literally fighting with sex because fighting can't happen. It's in Ren'Py so I'm not sure how you'd break it apart coding wise, as it uses Python instead of Javascript. If you're considering on making it more combat focused then that might give some ideas. If you want it to be more sex focused then something like Course of Temptaion, Degrees of Lewdity could probably be picked at. They uses Sugarcube to my knowledge so you'll have an easier time finding something in there.

Dec 23, 2022
I know that its a learning curve in writing new code but keep it up your doing an amazing job Solid Snekk but from what you have already done i can tell its going to be a hell of a show when your done. Fox keep up the amazing story telling the two of you are doing a hell of a job.

Reactions: Solid Snekk
4.30 star(s) 15 Votes