4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Craftomega

Mar 17, 2017
Useful install instructions for 1.17 and updated to 1.18.

1. Download
2. Open Updater and Update
3. Open the game.
4. Use code: C81217
5. Play
5a. If you want download one or more of the 5000 mods.
5b. If you do download the mods you will have to restart the game 90% of the time so the game can reconfigure them.

doppler88

Nov 1, 2019
Is there any tutorial available for even the simple basics of using the GUI?

For example what exactly is an Atom? I assume it's an object in the scene? If so, what's the proper way to select an Atom and remove it from the scene?

glauco

Nov 2, 2019
all right but no one is explaining how to install it, i mean
1- Extract to desired location. where? in the pc or in the oculus?
2- Drop the patch in the roo game folder and run it this means there is a folder called roo where i have to put the patch?
3- Click on the executable to start playing. so i have to click it on the pc and then see it on the oculus quest? this means we have to use ALVR witch does not work for me or wait for the oculus link update?

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Is there any tutorial available for even the simple basics of using the GUI?

For example what exactly is an Atom? I assume it's an object in the scene? If so, what's the proper way to select an Atom and remove it from the scene?
A Atom is practically the description for a Entity (Object) in Unity, correct.

You can Disable (ON/OFF) Atoms or Remove them you find both options if you select the Atom inside its "Control" Panel.

If you learn VAM you gonna learn a lot of Unitys Buildup and language as the Core of VAM is Unity currently and most probably forever will be.

And depending how deep you want to go you'll be confronted with Unitys Framework and Content Creation Toolset and inner workings as well like Mono (C#) Pros and Cons of functional programming ect.

I suggest everyone to take his time and go through

entirely to understand the logic buildup into unitys core of the VAM UI and Visual Node systems.

You can create crazy system combinations manipulate virtually every state in Realtime using the VAM Logic Visual Node system like Animation Paterns or Variable triggers Combined with the Scene Animation timeline and the Individual Atoms Properties and that with specific VAM systems like the Physics Hair or Cloth Simulation General Physic properties of the Entire Scene or Individual objects inside it, Lighting, Texture, Audio exchanges in Realtime using the Visual Node System, complex scene loading entire scenes directly changing them in Realtime are also doable.

It's a massive Sandbox with a lot of possibilities and ways to achieve certain results and people experiment with a lot of this and trying the craziest things :D

And if you every worked with a Complex Engine, personally i think VAM does a lot of things right being able to bring a lot of people into a complex space like this in a relative easy to learn and understand abstraction of complexity that is some goal that Microsoft and others also tried to achieve very often and VAM does it good it has a learning curve but it's really gentle and you really get fast into it understanding how it works and what you could achieve with it in your scenes.

It combines a Creative Tool where your create your Vision and then let it be playbacked or interactively enjoyed by others which would be the so called Game thing, for me VAM is surely not a Game alone it's more the creative tool powered by one of the newest Engine Cores that is maturing more and more and at fast speed now then it did ever before.

Im almost reach my own Daz Studio I-ray Shading results and in parts even top them by now and im very happy with it achieving this with a fraction of the time in UHD and bringing this directly into interactive context, still a bit problematic and hacky but it's amazing anyways with a full Hair and Cloth Simulation running and it's gonna get better and better image quality overall will be getting more stable as well ;)

Agent 7
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2- Drop the patch in the roo game folder and run it this means there is a folder called roo where i have to put the patch?
3- Click on the executable to start playing. so i have to click it on the pc and then see it on the oculus quest? this means we have to use ALVR witch does not work for me or wait for the oculus link update?
1. Just like this put the main folder wherever you want on your PCs Hard Drive or SSD of course
2. No there is a folder called after the extracted archive most probably, inside this you put the updater you don't need any patch
3. Not sure about native oculus quest support, sorry. OpenXR should make this hopefully in the future much much easier though without the end device user to think about ecosystems interoperability at all, but we'll see how that turns out in reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluematrix

doppler88

Nov 1, 2019
A Atom is practically the description for a Entity (Object) in Unity, correct.

You can Disable (ON/OFF) Atoms or Remove them you find both options if you select the Atom inside its "Control" Panel.

If you learn VAM you gonna learn a lot of Unitys Buildup and language as the Core of VAM is Unity currently and most probably forever will be.

And depending how deep you want to go you'll be confronted with Unitys Framework and Content Creation Toolset and inner workings as well like Mono (C#) Pros and Cons of functional programming ect.

I suggest everyone to take his time and go through

entirely to understand the logic buildup into unitys core of the VAM UI and Visual Node systems.
Thank you very much! I didn't realize they were Unity terms. I am a well seasoned C++ programmer so I've been meaning to learn Unity eventually. I guess now I have a good reason =)

Having just installed this yesterday

1) Desired location is whatever directory you want to put the program, for example D:\VirtualMate
2) I believe roo is a typo for root. Just put the contents of the patch into the same directory you extracted files in step #1. Note that there is already a VaM_Updater.exe file in that directory, so you'll be overwriting the existing one.
3) Run VaM.exe

haverick

Oct 27, 2019
HOW TO USE ".SCENE" FILE FOR 1.18v ?

↓↓↓ THIS MAP HOW TO USING?

Shitbeard

May 29, 2018
...add a custom unity asset atom, seeking in the menu said environment after downloading it, and voilà

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
his thread getting an update soon? it's been ages.
1.9 is out i think

Alex_qwerty

Sep 11, 2019
Hi, everybody.Only I have a problem with the capture in edit mode in the latest version 1.18.13, no visual capture?very not convenient !

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
where can i download the latest version?
Torrent in OP is of 1.17

so apparently i have to use the Updater...
Who's updating the OP? they're doing a piss poor job at it.

Last edited:

Gaggy

Aug 23, 2016
where can i download the latest version?
Torrent in OP is of 1.17

so apparently i have to use the Updater...
Who's updating the OP? they're doing a piss poor job at it.
the latest is 1.18.1.3 beta it was said like a post before you you are doing a piss poor job of using ur eyes

• Haha
Reactions: anrock and Medic4
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes