4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Busty May

Nov 11, 2018
can someone aind me to where i should extrac looks and scenes i downloaded some i got no idea where to put.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
can someone aind me to where i should extrac looks and scenes i downloaded some i got no idea where to put.
.var files go into addonpackages folder. But DO NOT extract them
.rar/.zip probably has many .var files inside that needs to be extracted and put in the same folder

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
thanks,now how do i switch the scene character to the ones i downloaded?
There's no easy way to put it, because you might need different approaches:
  • if the "downloaded" look comes with a scene itself, open it, press "U" to show the UI, press "E" to open the "Edit" mode, press "N" to select the character (you might need to do this multiple times if there are more than one character), then select "Control & Physics 1" and then "Save Look..." to save the look of the downloaded character.
    1690662632755.png
  • now open the scene in which you want to replace the character, again type "U" then "E" then "N" until you've selected the character you want to replace, and select "Control & Physics 1" --> "Load Look..." and load the saved look.
    1690662749194.png

• if the downloaded look does NOT provide a scene, you might need to either:
    1. follow the second step described above (load a look preset onto a character) if the downloaded character just comes with a "Look preset"
    2. follow the second step described above, but instead of loading a "Look Preset" you might need to select "Appearance Presets" --> "Select Existing..." if the downloaded look comes with a "Appearance Preset"
      1690662984643.png

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Mirrora

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
  • if the "downloaded" look comes with a scene itself, open it, press "U" to show the UI, press "E" to open the "Edit" mode, press "N" to select the character (you might need to do this multiple times if there are more than one character), then select "Control & Physics 1" and then "Save Look..." to save the look of the downloaded character.
    View attachment 2810548
  • now open the scene in which you want to replace the character, again type "U" then "E" then "N" until you've selected the character you want to replace, and select "Control & Physics 1" --> "Load Look..." and load the saved look.
    View attachment 2810549

1. follow the second step described above (load a look preset onto a character) if the downloaded character just comes with a "Look preset"
    2. follow the second step described above, but instead of loading a "Look Preset" you might need to select "Appearance Presets" --> "Select Existing..." if the downloaded look comes with a "Appearance Preset"
      View attachment 2810561

Hope that helps.
Isn't it better to always use appearance preset instead of look preset?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Isn't it better to always use appearance preset instead of look preset?
If you check the ( ), it doesn't really matter. Both ("Look Presets" listed as "Look Legacy") as well as "Appearance Preset" (listed as "App Preset") pretty much save the exact same stuff -- the Look preset in fact saves "Atom names" in addition to what "App Presets" can save.

Reactions: brasileirinho

Busty May

Nov 11, 2018
    View attachment 2810548
    View attachment 2810549

View attachment 2810561

Hope that helps.
Thanks! and how about to remove the clothes for example where is the options?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Thanks! and how about to remove the clothes for example where is the options?
Once you've selected a character in Edit mode, there's also a TAB called "Clothes" where you can select/deselect any type of clothes your character is wearing.

Can someone help me, my pc specs are i5 gen 12 gpu 3060 but cpu and gpu always run as 100% Is it normal?
GPU running at 100% -- most probably: yes. CPU running at 100% -- no.

Busty May

Nov 11, 2018
Once you've selected a character in Edit mode, there's also a TAB called "Clothes" where you can select/deselect any type of clothes your character is wearing.

GPU running at 100% -- most probably: yes. CPU running at 100% -- no.
where is this clothes tab? i can't find it

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
where is this clothes tab? i can't find it
1690715280349.png

As it seems you're relatively new to VaM, I'd recommend watching some basic tutorial first (like for example) and make yourself kinda familiar with the basics. VaM has a very deep learning curve, and it's not easy to get used to it.

Reactions: DeadDogi

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
does anyone here know how to create a second view? Like a TV showing a camera angle?

I want to create a second point of view that shows what a camera is filming or something like that. I have see this in some scenes but don't know how to replicate.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
does anyone here know how to create a second view? Like a TV showing a camera angle?
There's an atom called "WindowCamera" which can be added to any scene and which has two controls: the basic "control" which represents the camera itself and can be positioned and pointed anywhere you like (you also need to check "Camera enabled" in its "Camera" tab!), and the 2nd control is called "DisplayControl" which represents the display showing the output from the camera, and again can be put anywhere you like and sized to any size you want.

1690741669392.png

IIRC there should also be a couple of plugins that "emulate" that behavior i.e. on a screen of a mobile phone or tablet, and some you can add to a monitor atom itself for a second POV of your scene.

• Hey there
Reactions: TheSecretLife
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes