KevinX8

Mar 11, 2018
I've translated the majority of the text using Mistral T5 and my own tools, now just the UI needs to be translated but I don't have time for it. Also a font replacement would be good, as a lot of the lines get cut off due to the font using too much space.

Milky0

Feb 3, 2023
I've translated the majority of the text using Mistral T5 and my own tools, now just the UI needs to be translated but I don't have time for it. Also a font replacement would be good, as a lot of the lines get cut off due to the font using too much space.
Well since you said to go ahead i also started to translate and I did the entire UI
1719600686206.png

I also translate about 1/5 manually, but like you said there's issues with the font..

Usually i edit the printfile to make it work but it's in a format that I don't know and can't seems to find anything about it much less modify it.
1719600840839.png

Maybe HOKORI SAMA knows more about it?

orrpolip

May 3, 2017
Well since you said to go ahead i also started to translate and I did the entire UI
View attachment 3779296

I also translate about 1/5 manually, but like you said there's issues with the font..

Usually i edit the printfile to make it work but it's in a format that I don't know and can't seems to find anything about it much less modify it.
View attachment 3779303

I found a workaround for this issue. (used the properly translated Ishu Aigan so most of the credits goes to the translator)
just delete printmessage.fxf from init2 folder and add a new folder called "init" to the game's root folder.
to the init folder put the attached 2 files PrintMessage.xtx and Backlog.xtx -these 2 can be edited easily
Also im not sure if this does anything important but you can also copy pm2fixed.ttf to the game's root folder.

Reactions: HOKORI SAMA

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
I found a workaround for this issue. (used the properly translated Ishu Aigan so most of the credits goes to the translator)
just delete printmessage.fxf from init2 folder and add a new folder called "init" to the game's root folder.
to the init folder put the attached 2 files PrintMessage.xtx and Backlog.xtx -these 2 can be edited easily
Also im not sure if this does anything important but you can also copy pm2fixed.ttf to the game's root folder.
You did the right thing, also the p2mfixed changes the display font for game but you'll need something like d3d9 or d2d9.dll to hook font and you can do the same thing with any font.

The .xtx files are simply xored with 0xFF key, so simple xor with 0xFF will give you a readable format for almost every fxf and .xtx file.

Reactions: orrpolip

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
View attachment 3779296

View attachment 3779303

For UI you used pacnyan?

orrpolip

May 3, 2017
You did the right thing, also the p2mfixed changes the display font for game but you'll need something like d3d9 or d2d9.dll to hook font and you can do the same thing with any font.

The .xtx files are simply xored with 0xFF key, so simple xor with 0xFF will give you a readable format for almost every fxf and .xtx file.
Hey Hokori Sama,

A bit offtopic but im translating Kansatsu right now and I have this issue: when there are multiple lines in the translation usually the second line gets messed up:

1719653235662.png

If I manually eliminate the multi lines its a bit better:

1719653445862.png

Do yoo know how line break works here or what can I do to avoid manually edit all the text? (Im using translator++)

Thanks in advance.

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
Hey Hokori Sama,

A bit offtopic but im translating Kansatsu right now and I have this issue: when there are multiple lines in the translation usually the second line gets messed up:

View attachment 3781341

If I manually eliminate the multi lines its a bit better:

View attachment 3781350

Do you know how line break works here or what can I do to avoid manually edit all the text? (Im using translator++)

Thanks in advance.
You need to make sure that there aren't any line break in TL++ like line 23, and the line break character for this engine is \n.
Add \n where you want to add line break, I do not use TL++ so it all I can recommend you.
You can try replacing this newline by selecting--
ctrl + H then in the text to replace type ctrl + j then replace all, it should fix all these unwanted line breaks.

Reactions: orrpolip