• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Pyrobladeich

Feb 1, 2021
Is anyone getting a Kernel 32.dll error when launching the game? I don't get this error when launching the 0.5.2d Public Build version of the game.

Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Is the hotfix posted in the OP applicable to v0.5.4d?
Yes, it's applicable to the base game. Take the contents and overwrite data and js folders in www.

Roughly how much of this game can I play while avoiding male on female content? I'm fine with tentacles/monsters and robot/machine stuff, but is there any part of the game with forced sexual encounters with male characters? I would absolutely love if I could strut around and only fuck females(or futa)
You can pretty much cruise through the game avoiding majority of the sexual encounters if you so wish. And yes that includes male x female encounters.

Is anyone getting a Kernel 32.dll error when launching the game? I don't get this error when launching the 0.5.2d Public Build version of the game.
Could you provide more context for this? As far as we know, Kernel32.dll is a memory management error and it signifies either a software or hardware issue rather than a particular program issue. Basic troubleshooting first: Restart your computer and try playing another RPG Maker MV game. This will give you some idea if the error is with VoidBound only or across the board. Let us know!

Reactions: Panther Lily

Kapios223

May 9, 2017
I attempted to play the game demo, and shut it half way into the intro, I'm just not a fan of games that take away the option of choice in matters of sex.
Yes I am aware that this is a game about rape among other things, but I prefer a game where such a thing can be avoided through the player's input(be it by playing skillfully or making the correct choice) and not be forced upon them just because it's "part of the story".
Now I don't pretend that my preferences are the "correct" way and the devs choices are "wrong", I'm just stating why I chose not to play as feedback(unwarranted but still feedback), and I am not as conceited as to think that the game dev would ever change their vision for the game on the words of...for lack of better words a nobody on the internet. The game just was not meant for someone like me.

(But hey at least the dev didn't do the old and tired "your character was a virgin but then rape happened so i don't have to add that variable in all other encounters and or pics" trope.)

To the dev,
sincerely good luck with your project, and please consider adding warnings for unavoidable nonconsensual acts of sex, just for weirdos/snowflakes/idiots (add derogatory adjective here) like myself.(unless such a warning was already somewhere present in the original post and I somehow missed it, then the joke's on me)

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
First of all, thank you sincerely for that unfiltered feedback. We truly appreciate your candidness in this regard :)

Our vision for VoidBound from the get-go was to make "realistic turn of events" a core part of story progression. As much as we desire players to have full agency on deciding who Caly shares a bed with, there are certain sections of the lore where we end up taking that choice away as part of important building block of scenario progression.

That being said, we've been pondering over this conundrum for some time now as we do not really enjoy alienating players because of one or two genres. Cutting them all together would be a crude approach that will not really materialize as a solution either as it will most definitely rub another player the wrong way as well.

Thus, for now, we've decided that a pre-scene warning approach would be our best way forward. Basically before a scene triggers, the player would be made aware of what's in store for them like, "contains: bdsm, lesbian, non con or con etc.". This combined with a skip option would allow players to entirely jump over something they do not wish to witness/experience.

Finally, please do not blame yourself for any steps missed. Since the game is in full swing development, we've been more focused on building the world as we originally envisioned. As such, regrettably, making certain themes optional for view hasn't been at the top of our priority list. Rest assured, we'll work on addressing this concern more actively and achieve a suitable solution by the time the game reaches its finale.

Hopefully, if you're willing, you'll give the game another chance then :D

Thank you and Kind Regards,
Cursed-Atelier Team

Kapios223

May 9, 2017
I appreciate the time you took to answer my post/feedback and my concerns(even though I am not a patreon or subscribestar supporter), and thank you for that.

It's just me having "issues" with not being able to do what I think the game is telling me my role is, like facing an unbeatable battle in an RPG game, unsolvable riddles in puzzle games and in this case not being able to "protect" the heroine I am supposed to "protect"(or ruin depending on how you play it),etc

And to be honest the choice of being able to skip certain scenes is a good idea especially for those who are mainly concerned about witnessing such scenes, but for me it's just the equivalent of going to the kitchen while a movie is playing to avoid seeing something I don't want to see, the scene still happens, and it still affects the characters and their story, I know it happened and me not watching it didn't change that fact .

So this is clearly a "me" issue, and not something that you should feel(..for lack of better words again) obliged to "fix",especially since the attempt to alter what you've already made might inadvertently end up alienating some of your current player base for "giving in" to demands of people that are currently not playing your game (it happens in the game industry all the time), or because it accidentally changes something they came to enjoy .
(plus it will mean a crapload of extra work you will have to do for people that might never buy the game).

Again, thanks a lot for the time you spent to answer my original post and good luck with the development of your game.

Last edited:

Lightturus

Jul 28, 2022
Could you provide more context for this? As far as we know, Kernel32.dll is a memory management error and it signifies either a software or hardware issue rather than a particular program issue. Basic troubleshooting first: Restart your computer and try playing another RPG Maker MV game. This will give you some idea if the error is with VoidBound only or across the board. Let us know!
Can't talk for the other poster, but it might be related to Win7.
The error message i could reproduce on a Win7 install says "the procedure entry point "SetProcessMitigationPolicy" could not be located in the kernel32.dll"

VoidBound - 0.5.3c works fine.

haraldth

Feb 24, 2020
Where the opened hatch at botting hell? I can't find it. I got the levers and stuff but I can't progress further

Pyrobladeich

Feb 1, 2021
The error message i could reproduce on a Win7 install says "the procedure entry point "SetProcessMitigationPolicy" could not be located in the kernel32.dll"

Yes I am using windows 7 as well and that's the very error I receive. Version 0.5.2d works fine though. I'm not sure what changed in the newer version.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Yes I am using windows 7 as well and that's the very error I receive. Version 0.5.2d works fine though. I'm not sure what changed in the newer version.
Hello again and thank you for the reports!

After extensive investigation and research, we do believe we finally have an answer to the source of this issue, and that is Windows 7/8.1.

To add a bit of context, a few weeks ago we started receiving reports that of our Game was being flagged as a virus. On further investigation we found that it was the NW.js that powers our Game Engine which was falsely being detected as Doplik virus by Microsoft's Windows Defender only. Though most definitely a false positive, we still erred on the side of caution and updated the node packages to the latest 0.79 offering. For more info, head over to this post here where we went into great detail over this issue.

This however, had a tradeoff effect it seems. Though no longer being erroneously flagged as a virus now, the newer node build seems to have stopped supporting Windows 7/8.1. With Microsoft pulling the plug on End of Life support in 2020 and STEAM statics showing both OS losing popularity to below 1% usage, it seemed inevitable that eventually other program creators would follow suit as well.
1694611603154.png

In short, NW.js is what powers the entire game, and now that they've dropped Windows 7/8.1 support on their 0.72 version, it means we're pretty much pulled us into their decision as well. We have the option of reverting to an older version of NW.js to restore play-ability, but this will also restore the false positive virus flagging as well which will effect EVERYONE who runs Windows Defender, regardless of their OS. Between the two, dropping OS support is our best worse option currently. At least until we find a miracle midway solution, which at this point looks like a highly unlikely possibility.

As such, we sincerely apologize to our fans who are still rocking Windows 7/8.1, but moving on out from 0.5.4d, VoidBound will no longer be able to support either of the OS.
1694612880944.gif
With our sincere regrets,
Cursed-Atelier Team

Last edited:

Lightturus

Jul 28, 2022
Hello again and thank you for the reports!

After extensive investigation and research, we do believe we finally have an answer to the source of this issue, and that is Windows 7.

To add a bit of context, a few weeks ago we started receiving reports that of our Game was being flagged as a virus. On further investigation we found that it was the NW.js that powers our Game Engine which was falsely being detected as Doplik virus by Microsoft's Windows Defender only. Though most definitely a false positive, we still erred on the side of caution and updated the node packages to the latest 0.79 offering. For more info, head over to this post here where we went into great detail over this issue.

This however, had a trade off effect it seems. Though no longer being erroneously flagged as a virus now, the newer node build seems to have stopped supporting Windows 7. With Microsoft pulling the plug on End of Life support in 2020 and STEAM statics showing the OS losing popularity to near sub 1% usage, it seemed inevitable that eventually other program creators would follow suit as well.
View attachment 2926834

In short, NW.js is what powers the entire game, and now that they've dropped Windows 7 support on their 0.72 version, it means we're pretty much pulled us into their decision as well. We have the option of reverting to an older version of NW.js to restore play-ability, but this will also restore the false positive virus flagging as well which will effect EVERYONE who runs Windows Defender, regardless of their OS. Between the two, dropping OS support is our best worse option currently. At least until we find a miracle midway solution.

As such, we sincerely apologize to our fans who are still rocking Windows 7, but moving on out from 0.5.4d, VoidBound will no longer be able to support the OS.
View attachment 2926860
With our sincere regrets,
Cursed-Atelier Team
Thanks for the explanation and no need to feel sorry, with steam pulling the plug on Win7 at the end of the year as well, it was just a matter of time that devs move on. Doesn't make sense to support an OS that is that far beyond it's eol.
It sure is a shame though since i work with both and Win7 is so much easier to work with.

That being said MS still sucks massive ass... Win10 will be our final OS that's being continually uprgaded me ass....

Still the game is enjoyable af, so keep up the good work!

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
VoidBound [v0.5.4d Public] [Cursed-Atelier] Compressed

PC (1,17GB) -

If you like this game, support the dev.

huinyaaa

Jan 23, 2021
please indicate the system requirements for the current version of the game, it says the entry point to the procedure was not found (DuscardVirtualMemory) not found in the library DLL (at least it gives it away) (Windows 8.1)

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
please indicate the system requirements for the current version of the game, it says the entry point to the procedure was not found (DuscardVirtualMemory) not found in the library DLL (at least it gives it away)
But, we did. It's present under important information in the opening post:
1694801579092.png

Still, we'll take the feedback and try to improve its visibility some more. Thank you :)

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I'm sorry, I was stupid and also forgot to write version 5.1 works fine, but 5.2,5.3,5.4 does not work. Is this just a problem for me or someone else?
We realize that you mentioned the error language, but could you also screenshot it? Also, would you mind sharing your PC specs? You can DM it to us directly if you like.
Simply hit Windows key > type "dxdiag" > Just screenshot the System and Display 1 tab.

The change to a Chromium 110+ version of NW.js (0.73 or higher) means that it won't work in Windows 8 or 8.1 either, for what it's worth.
Thank you for pointing that out. We had doubts about issues with 8.1 as well but couldn't find any user with that particular OS who could test and confirm that theory. Huinyaaa's issue does seem to be stemming from the same source, but it's always better to clarify.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Hello again. After doing some research and running queries around, we've come to the regrettable conclusion that you also seem to be affected by the same incompatibility development as Windows 7 users are. Nw.dll error at the end there is a bit of a giveaway as it is linked to the node build updates. Furthermore, after taking your specs into equation as well as the VirtualMemoryDiscarding error log, it leaves almost no doubt that this is a Kernel32 related issue.

We are fairly confident that slowly, but surely legacy OSes like 7/8.1 are losing software support. Unfortunately, not much of a solution we can offer you at this time. With the slow march of time, near 10 year old systems like yours are being left behind and with the high system requirements for latest OSes like Win 11, it just isn't a viable solution to recommend an upgrade.

Sincerest apologies :(

huinyaaa

Jan 23, 2021
Hello again. After doing some research and running queries around, we've come to the regrettable conclusion that you also seem to be affected by the same incompatibility development as Windows 7 users are. Nw.dll error at the end there is a bit of a giveaway as it is linked to the node build updates. Furthermore, after taking your specs into equation as well as the VirtualMemoryDiscarding error log, it leaves almost no doubt that this is a Kernel32 related issue.

We are fairly confident that slowly, but surely legacy OSes like 7/8.1 are losing software support. Unfortunately, not much of a solution we can offer you at this time. With the slow march of time, near 10 year old systems like yours are being left behind and with the high system requirements for latest OSes like Win 11, it just isn't a viable solution to recommend an upgrade.

Sincerest apologies :(
bad very bad fucking Microsoft has no complaints against you. I can only ask Try to make a game on Unity, try maybe Unity will work out, it seems like it doesn’t require large versions of Windows yet and Unity treats animations more softly than the MV maker

4.00 star(s) 20 Votes