rtccxd

Oct 5, 2021
Thank you for the report and feedback on the combat, we will work on adjusting it/make it clearer.

If you have the stone tablet from the glass tank, you can return back to the hub/start area where the waterfall is. You can find the boss there.
Okey cool thanks, how many areas / planets there are atm in the game?

Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Okey cool thanks, how many areas / planets there are atm in the game?
Xaide is currently the last area in this version.
Next update will include part 1 of the henosis expansion which is going to add around 40+ rooms with side quests and character development events.

Quick question about the image file issue, did that happen while the outfit was ripped and the enemies got the first turn by any chance?
And towards the accuracy, would adding the "hit chance" to each skill descriptions be enough or what would you like to see in terms of information?

rtccxd

Oct 5, 2021
Xaide is currently the last area in this version.
Next update will include part 1 of the henosis expansion which is going to add around 40+ rooms with side quests and character development events.

Quick question about the image file issue, did that happen while the outfit was ripped and the enemies got the first turn by any chance?
And towards the accuracy, would adding the "hit chance" to each skill descriptions be enough or what would you like to see in terms of information?
Sorry i cant remember and sadly didnt take screenshot. Just showing hit chance or accuracy in combat phases would be good. Also idk how all the weapon mods work but if some of them increases my hit chance / accuracy I would like to know by how much etc.

Very good game liked it a lot, cant wait to see more!

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Sorry i cant remember and sadly didnt take screenshot. Just showing hit chance or accuracy in combat phases would be good. Also idk how all the weapon mods work but if some of them increases my hit chance / accuracy I would like to know by how much etc.

Very good game liked it a lot, cant wait to see more!
Glad to hear you are enjoying voidbound so far!

We will look into showing more information during the combat phases, thanks again for the feedback.

Some mods to increase your accuracy and also effect how fast you get your turn in combat, if you go into your status/equipment screen, you can use your mouse to hover over the parameters and it should give you a quick summary on what they do.

zcbmmbcz

Nov 6, 2017
OK wtf is this game's balance, like actually.

I literally can't beat the first boss because I do peanut damage and they just out speed me way too much. For every one turn, they can attack and hit me 2 or 3 times each. It also seems like the boss mob has like 3k or 4k hp, since no matter what I do it just doesn't die.

Like seriously, I think I'm just screwed since I literally just get chain attacked and killed before I can even do anything.

Edit: managed to kill the main boss mob, only took the mine and 2 coil gun barrages. Then I died to the 4 other mobs because as it turns out they have like 10x my speed or something, so they just take me from half health to zero before I can even do anything

Edit 2: Finally managed to beat it after about another dozen tries. This first boss fight is frankly a very poorly balanced fight. The main boss mob had like 3k hp, the other bots moves and attacks at least 2 times for every one time I get to attack, and if I had gotten any form of CC in that fight I would've had 0 chance of beating it.

The way I managed to eke out a win was first avoiding the big AOE, immediately using gattling burst, next turn heal, use ammo pack, place down turret and mine, next turn gattling burst again, next turn ammo pack and gattling burst to finally kill the boss mob. Then it was just a matter of getting good RNG with hits since the starter pistol apparently has a hitrate of like 50% or something.

Last edited:

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
The starter pistol is rubbish on single shot, and not much better on auto, but the 3x3 AOE mode almost always hits and churns out a decent amount of damage. The only problem is that it uses up energy/stamina/whatever. What I tend to do is

• Move out of any AOE grids that might have been laid down
  • Then go for the 3x3 attack, taking in as many opponents as possible
  • Then rest.
The rest part is a bit counter-intuitive since you still have some actions left and my instinct is always to go attack again. But if you rest, there's a good chance you'll have enough juice for another 3x3 attach.

The other thing I found that made the fights a lot easier, is not to struggle too hard when grabbed. Rest and get your stamina back up, or struggle once a turn and then rest. That way when you do get loose, you're ready to fight, rather than being exhausted and vulnerable.

ModFreak

Feb 25, 2019
When entering the lab where you find the tree, I end up confronting two mooks, who talk like we've fought before, but this is the first time I've encountered them.

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
When entering the lab where you find the tree, I end up confronting two mooks, who talk like we've fought before, but this is the first time I've encountered them.
That is the area for the side quest, you should only be able to enter that area, after you visited the forest clearing.
Did you do that, or where you able to get there without doing that step?

ModFreak

Feb 25, 2019
That is the area for the side quest, you should only be able to enter that area, after you visited the forest clearing.
Did you do that, or where you able to get there without doing that step?
Does completing the main quest mean that I did? Because I got back to the area where I encountered the side quest giver mushroom guy, and realized I hadn't done the rescue yet, so I started exploring, and found a rock that I was supposed to have to figure out how to move. But I just tried a spot just north of the rock, and I was able to walk right past it.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Does completing the main quest mean that I did? Because I got back to the area where I encountered the side quest giver mushroom guy, and realized I hadn't done the rescue yet, so I started exploring, and found a rock that I was supposed to have to figure out how to move. But I just tried a spot just north of the rock, and I was able to walk right past it.
Yeah, it wasn't intentional, but it's fixed now.
Thank you very much for the report!

Pezzo

MP-40 Enjoyer
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 8, 2017
VoidBound [v0.5 Public] [Cursed-Atelier] [Half-Tested]

Compressed game for Windows

Initial Size: 3.36 GB
Compressed Size: 1.16 GB

- - -

nope.spawn

Aug 14, 2017
Not sure if this is just me being blind, but how do I get off my ship to go back into Henosis? I entered my ship from the spaceport at the end of the current content and I can't figure out how to get out.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Not sure if this is just me being blind, but how do I get off my ship to go back into Henosis? I entered my ship from the spaceport at the end of the current content and I can't figure out how to get out.
Can you upload your save?
There might be something wrong with a switch condition.

Edit: Identified the problem, the exit trigger after you reached the freeplay mode on henosis is buggy.
Until we deploy a fix, don't enter the ship after you reached the end of the content/Freeplay mode.
(Don't worry, there is nothing on the ship that you could miss at the point in the story.)

Hotfix deployed. Please download and unzip the hotfix patch added in the first post, into the game root directory overwriting the contents.

Last edited:
Reactions: halo17

D4llaas

Sep 11, 2018
i keep getting errors when i save or walk around for a random amount of time i used m tool to pass a puzzle with noclip i turned it off when i finished it

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
i keep getting errors when i save or walk around for a random amount of time i used m tool to pass a puzzle with noclip i turned it off when i finished it
Thank you for the report, we will look into it.
It's a bit harder to figure out what went wrong exactly as the game was modified with M Tool.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Very nice game! Unfortunately the combat is a bit frustrating for me: Robot A does a restraint attack, robot B on the same turn an area of effect attack -> usually instant defeat. I need 3x struggle on average to get out of restraint -> 2 turns, with not enough ap left on the 2nd turn to leave the huge AOE -> instant kill.

Does anybody know how its supposed to be done correctly? Currently its just rolling the dice hoping the combo doesn't happen like this...

Edit: also minor suggestion: while the voiceover is really very well done, i turned it off since i kinda have an internal imaginary different voice for the MC when reading her dialogue (same in all VNs, not just this one). However it remains active in the intro sequence (attack on earth) and likely similar sequences later. If there is an easy way to also apply the VO off setting to such sequences it would be great! (However i completely understand if thats not possible or to much work, probably a strange/rare preference)

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Nice game but the combat is a bit frustrating for me: Robot A does a restraint attack, robot B on the same turn an area of effect attack -> usually instant defeat. I need 3x struggle on average to get out of restraint -> 2 turns, with not enough ap left on the 2nd turn to leave the huge AOE -> instant kill.

Does anybody know how its supposed to be done correctly? Currently its just rolling the dice hoping the combo doesn't happen like this...

Edit: also minor suggestion: while the voiceover is really very well done, i turned it off since i kinda have an internal imaginary different voice for the MC when reading her dialogue (same in all VNs, not just this one). However it remains active in the intro sequence (attack on earth) and likely similar sequences later. If there is an easy way to also apply the VO off setting to such sequences it would be great! (However i completely understand if thats not possible or to much work, probably a strange/rare preference)
Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Towards the combat, we are currently not happy with how the balancing feels and how the restrain mechanic is intergrated into it. Because the last thing we want is that there is an RNG factor that can insta kill you, we are heavily modifying the systems and the balancing of the combat, it should feel better in the future, once we have these new systems in place and modified the old ones, it's sadly just a thing that takes a while until it feels exactly like we want it to.

The main new thing we are working on currently is to reduce the range of the restrains and quicker ways to get out of restrains with the idea of "first time escaping goes fairly quickly, but repeated escapes will get harder" as an example.

Towards the voice acting, that is actually a good thing you pointed out, it completely went over our heads, we will add a condition to the cinematic that if a player has it disabled that it will play the version without the voice over.

Reactions: hermesh

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Towards the combat, we are currently not happy with how the balancing feels and how the restrain mechanic is intergrated into it. Because the last thing we want is that there is an RNG factor that can insta kill you, we are heavily modifying the systems and the balancing of the combat, it should feel better in the future, once we have these new systems in place and modified the old ones, it's sadly just a thing that takes a while until it feels exactly like we want it to.

The main new thing we are working on currently is to reduce the range of the restrains and quicker ways to get out of restrains with the idea of "first time escaping goes fairly quickly, but repeated escapes will get harder" as an example.

Towards the voice acting, that is actually a good thing you pointed out, it completely went over our heads, we will add a condition to the cinematic that if a player has it disabled that it will play the version without the voice over.
Thanks for the reply & looking forward to see how the game develops! From what i played so far, i really enjoy the writing of the MC with her engineer "can-do"-attitude, and also sarcastic/black humor in the face of adversary and even defeat.

Reactions: Cursed Atelier
4.00 star(s) 20 Votes