Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
You can check the bounty information in your inventory for more information, but you need to do go to the slums and enter the longhouse, that is your target.
And please if you could, uploade a save when you are on Henosis, that would help a lot.
Will be attaching the save once im out of the dream sequence(stuck currently on the code for the vents). Will save infront of the warehouse.
dream sequence code 2581(for people with short attention spans(like me) :D)
Cursed Atelier here is the save infront of the warehouse.

Ok so the warehouse part comes through...kind off...after talking with the officer(which then takes multiple areas(he spawns in the alley, before the enterance to police station and evidence lockup) and the quest bugs out)

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Ok so first of, could not open the door the first time I walked upon it, then probably somewhere in between clicking on all possible npcs i picked up the said key, and could enter on my own.
Issue has been located and a temporary fix has been deployed. Please add the contents of the attached .rar file in "GameDirectory\VoidBound English - 0.5.2d Public Build\www" and overwrite the contents. In order to trigger the pharmacy quest head to the Slums District and enter the Sleep and Drink Inn. The quest-line should auto trigger. Do let us know if you still have any weird zoning issues. Thanks again for the report!

View attachment 2309468 Hey so I'm stuck on this part after losing the fight, MC won't move an inch
Though not a frequent occurrence, sometimes however, the bot may skip a step here and there if the player is liberal with the use of the Shift key. We're looking into a permanent solution, but for now have deployed a small tweak in the patch attached that should help mitigate this issue. Same as the directions above, overwrite the contents of "GameDirectory\VoidBound English - 0.5.2d Public Build\www" to implement the fix. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Thanks-
Cursed-Atelier Team

Last edited:

pr83

May 5, 2017
Hello, you will need to have a GPU that is capable of WebGl, as all the systems are build on that.
We will try to make it work in the future, but at the current moment it's required.

The maps we have, while the first 2 areas might work, the others most likely won't, as we have moved away from the classic tileset and use mainly parallaxing for everything, they are quite big in terms of size and texturing.

Then you also have the UI and the lighting system that are also based on WebGL, which will cause issues if the GPU doesn't support it. Earlier the game was running on Canvas, which made it possible, but the performance wasn't near anywhere where it was good, so we opted to restruct it in WebGL, which gave a big jump in performance and stability.

You might be able to get it to run, if you disable a few things in the options, but it isn't recommended.
So I finally put a few hours into it and got to Henosis and so far this is pretty impressive; the presentation, the music are highlights while the writing and the worldbuilding are decent. I get around 30 fps with the lighting and stuff turned off but unlike other games I'd say turning them off is a detriment in VB's case since the looks of the locations set the tone along with the music which at times reminded me of Mass Effect & Dying Light. I ran into a softlock situation where the robot in the very first counter wouldn't move after being defeated body blocking the player which stopped the other robot to appear and investigate effectively halting the progress and later realised this happened due accidental dialogue skipping during that segment. Another thing I noticed is that dialogue doesn't reflect the outcome of a situation or the decisions I make sometimes but I understand this is a in-development game, so no biggie. There's also the lack of an auto mode for the dialogue segments and since the game has a lot of dialogue in and out of combat events it gets tiresome having to click or press to progress the dialogue.

Putting all that aside tho my biggest question is.... why RPGM and not another multipurpose engine like Unity, Godot or an engine similar to what what Eiyuu Senki uses since that is also a hybrid VN/tbt game? I know this is a redundant question at this stage of the development and it isn't meant to haze you, rather it's a genuine inquiry on my part. Running all the complexity that is VB through rpgm mv feels like trying to pass a wide log through a thin pvc pipe. Or a better example would be (if you're familiar with doom modding) how some doom modders would cook up something extremely ambitious and try to run in through gzdoom even tho it can neither handle it well nor is the fanbase geared towards running stuff like that. I'm really curious if VB would've run better on older or gpu less machines if it was running on unity.
Also I was curious about the lighting system, given the effect on performance I assumed it's dynamic lighting of some sort but it doesn't look that complex visually so I was wondering if it could've been achieved through baked lighting (assuming that's possible). That way the levels look the way they meant to be while giving some fps for older rig owners. Unless the lighting system also uses parallaxing and large texture files, in which case the fps hit makes more sense without a gpu.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to playing more of it and reporting back on my findings. Apologies for the wall of text :geek: and please understand that the engine and lighting related questions are out of mere curiosity rather than to question your decisions or argument.

Reactions: Beggarman

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
So I finally put a few hours into it and got to Henosis and so far this is pretty impressive; the presentation, the music are highlights while the writing and the worldbuilding are decent. I get around 30 fps with the lighting and stuff turned off but unlike other games I'd say turning them off is a detriment in VB's case since the looks of the locations set the tone along with the music which at times reminded me of Mass Effect & Dying Light. I ran into a softlock situation where the robot in the very first counter wouldn't move after being defeated body blocking the player which stopped the other robot to appear and investigate effectively halting the progress and later realised this happened due accidental dialogue skipping during that segment. Another thing I noticed is that dialogue doesn't reflect the outcome of a situation or the decisions I make sometimes but I understand this is a in-development game, so no biggie. There's also the lack of an auto mode for the dialogue segments and since the game has a lot of dialogue in and out of combat events it gets tiresome having to click or press to progress the dialogue.

Putting all that aside tho my biggest question is.... why RPGM and not another multipurpose engine like Unity, Godot or an engine similar to what what Eiyuu Senki uses since that is also a hybrid VN/tbt game? I know this is a redundant question at this stage of the development and it isn't meant to haze you, rather it's a genuine inquiry on my part. Running all the complexity that is VB through rpgm mv feels like trying to pass a wide log through a thin pvc pipe. Or a better example would be (if you're familiar with doom modding) how some doom modders would cook up something extremely ambitious and try to run in through gzdoom even tho it can neither handle it well nor is the fanbase geared towards running stuff like that. I'm really curious if VB would've run better on older or gpu less machines if it was running on unity.
Also I was curious about the lighting system, given the effect on performance I assumed it's dynamic lighting of some sort but it doesn't look that complex visually so I was wondering if it could've been achieved through baked lighting (assuming that's possible). That way the levels look the way they meant to be while giving some fps for older rig owners. Unless the lighting system also uses parallaxing and large texture files, in which case the fps hit makes more sense without a gpu.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to playing more of it and reporting back on my findings. Apologies for the wall of text :geek: and please understand that the engine and lighting related questions are out of mere curiosity rather than to question your decisions or argument.
First of all, thank you very much for the long text, it warms my heart to see in what way you look at the project and it honestly honors the entire team.

For the softlock with the robot, that should hopefully be fixed in the next version, we have added a small patch just a few posts above.

For the question about the engine, I will keep it very short here, it's about what we are familiar with.
Now if I would look back, unity or any other engine would have been a better choice, but with that amount of work already done, an engine swap is not something that is going to be feasible in a timely matter.

Reactions: Beggarman and pr83

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
ok, having trouble figuring out the secret to the candy store. Where is the secret enterance? I've been all over.
Apologies but, we have trouble understanding your query. Could you please rephrase, preferably with a screenshot ,as to where you are and what is it that eludes you? Would be able to help more, if we had more info.

Kraz4life

Jan 10, 2020
When you first arrive on the station and go see Harr he mentions stopping by and seeing Vas at her place. Does anyone know where that is on the map or do I have to keep progressing in the story to get there?

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
When you first arrive on the station and go see Harr he mentions stopping by and seeing Vas at her place. Does anyone know where that is on the map or do I have to keep progressing in the story to get there?
Vas's house is in the north of the residental area, the building with the swimming pool.

Reactions: Kraz4life

Uglyb4stard

Mar 2, 2020
Ok, I might be very stupid. But once you finished the 2 bosses on the space station and yes you wanna explore more after that how do you leave? Who do I talk to?

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Could you be more specific about your location? We do not have any gameplay oriented fights on a space station against any bosses at the moment. Perhaps you're referring to the fight with two bosses in the Embassy on Henosis? More info would help us answer your query better.

Uglyb4stard

Mar 2, 2020
Could you be more specific about your location? We do not have any gameplay oriented fights on a space station against any bosses at the moment. Perhaps you're referring to the fight with two bosses in the Embassy on Henosis? More info would help us answer your query better.
Yeah sorry, english is not my native language so I wrote some absurdities earlier. Yes, after the due bosses, then after I go back to Cava's office, I'm asked if I want to leave the station or continue exploration. I chose the later, now that I'm done exploring, I have no idea how to progress further the story, who to talk or where to go. I tried the usual haar, vas and cava but they don't have the choice where I can leave or any choice, the dialogue just repeats. Tried to go back to where I started still nothing, back to the embassy maybe? For better or worse I might have to replay the boss fight and just chose to leave immediately.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Yeah sorry, english is not my native language so I wrote some absurdities earlier. Yes, after the due bosses, then after I go back to Cava's office, I'm asked if I want to leave the station or continue exploration. I chose the later, now that I'm done exploring, I have no idea how to progress further the story, who to talk or where to go. I tried the usual haar, vas and cava but they don't have the choice where I can leave or any choice, the dialogue just repeats. Tried to go back to where I started still nothing, back to the embassy maybe? For better or worse I might have to replay the boss fight and just chose to leave immediately.
You will need to go to the space port and enter the elevator all the way in the back, after that click on the ship and Haar should be waiting for you on the deck.

Kmanlv

Feb 11, 2018
can't figure out what the code based off of the poster and bottle machine mean.Anybody know the code? addon its in the "coma stage"

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
can't figure out what the code based off of the poster and bottle machine mean.Anybody know the code? addon its in the "coma stage"
Check the very left poster at the wall.
Code is the birthday and the month on that poster.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 21 Votes