Fan Art Waifu Academy - Fan Art

vmaks

Sep 13, 2018
an interesting fact the Musashima, Takamura and Tendo families have no direct heir, but Sasaki does (our protagonist), which means that the main character is obliged to give each of the great families an heir. For example, in China there is a concept of "son-in-law in the wife's house." When a family in which there were no male heirs took a man who agreed to be a breeding bull. Subordinate characters were not respected because according to Confucian ethics, a man must support a family. This was considered extremely humiliating and the position of such people was lower than serfs. Children from such unions usually took the mother's surname and continued her lineage. And after this, women usually got divorced and kicked their ex-husbands out on the street.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
an interesting fact the Musashima, Takamura and Tendo families have no direct heir, but Sasaki does (our protagonist), which means that the main character is obliged to give each of the great families an heir. For example, in China there is a concept of "son-in-law in the wife's house." When a family in which there were no male heirs took a man who agreed to be a breeding bull. Subordinate characters were not respected because according to Confucian ethics, a man must support a family. This was considered extremely humiliating and the position of such people was lower than serfs. Children from such unions usually took the mother's surname and continued her lineage. And after this, women usually got divorced and kicked their ex-husbands out on the street.
But I think this game is in Japan. Do they have same customs?

vmaks

Sep 13, 2018
no, but Japan developed under the strong influence of China, although the Japanese themselves stubbornly deny this. And I just gave what I think is a cool example