zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
three thousand dollars per month is a lot of money in my country. Maybe I should learn to make some games based on HS2 from now on. lol
Anybody can make a bunch of sex scenes in Honey Select and attach a narrative to it. The real challenge is being able to write well enough for people to care about the stuff in between the sex, and unfortunately for a lot of aspiring devs, writing isn't as easy as making two animated characters fuck

RE:Infinity

Nov 5, 2020
Anybody can make a bunch of sex scenes in Honey Select and attach a narrative to it. The real challenge is being able to write well enough for people to care about the stuff in between the sex, and unfortunately for a lot of aspiring devs, writing isn't as easy as making two animated characters fuck
Guys, I can write somewhat of plot. Let's do this, we will become the fans that got that tired of the dev that they made their own game.

However, I do procrastinate a lot.

Last edited:

god69420

Mar 15, 2021
I have a hypothesis on why Irphaeus is delaying the updates so much:
Maybe he has already made a lot of progress in the game's content and not publicly releasing it.
Only providing exclusive access to patreons who have reached the Loyalty package first, then to the most paying patreons then public release it.
Let's say he takes 4 months for a decent update, releases it to the 'Loyalty' people right away, then waits 4 months before releasing it to his most paying patreons next, again waits 4 months to publicly release it. It sums up the 1 year wait between each update.
By doing so he gains the trust of his loyal patreons by priortizeing them over the other patreons and non paying players, so they keep paying him for his future projects, later acting as if priortizing the recent high paying patreons so that they keep supporting him, and finally releasing it to the public.
This might be the reason why most of the patreons who are supporting Irphaeus for a long time tend to support him so much although it's clear that he is lying because they know that actually he is delivering content regularly to them.

Nov 5, 2020
Maybe he has already made a lot of progress in the game's content and not publicly releasing it.
Only providing exclusive access to patreons who have reached the Loyalty package first, then to the most paying patreons then public release it.
Let's say he takes 4 months for a decent update, releases it to the 'Loyalty' people right away, then waits 4 months before releasing it to his most paying patreons next, again waits 4 months to publicly release it. It sums up the 1 year wait between each update.
By doing so he gains the trust of his loyal patreons by priortizeing them over the other patreons and non paying players, so they keep paying him for his future projects, later acting as if priortizing the recent high paying patreons so that they keep supporting him, and finally releasing it to the public.
This might be the reason why most of the patreons who are supporting Irphaeus for a long time tend to support him so much although it's clear that he is lying because they know that actually he is delivering content regularly to them.
then why make the car excuse?

Nov 5, 2020
That's an excuse for the other patreons which also include those who are active at f95, so also for the other non paying players or "public".
it was exclusively shown on discord. And what if his ultra super patreons believed it? Did he tell them in the DMs, It's not for them, that would make many drop him. And if he posted on a specific channel that the ultra super patreons couldn't access, how would he know which patreons were active on F95?

GOD421

May 24, 2018
Actual reason = Simps

Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
"I'm coming back tomorrow, we are on the very last bits of the update with Vash"

How long till the additions of new renders?

kenwaty

Jan 19, 2020
Yes, I know it. I have many crazy ideas, but English is not my primary language. Unfortunately. T.T

Reactions: longsuper1

riserser

May 15, 2018
Well, to be fair, making a good animation yourself (Meaning without using the animations delivered with Honey Select) is hard (At least I find it really hard to make something look good and "natural", even with all the tools developped by the community ^^). But using Honey Select stock animations sure is easy as hell (It make one wonder why it take so much time to Irph to make a "render"... :p)
As for writing, my personal belief is that some are able to write well and other aren't. Even through Waifu Academy's story is enjoyable to follow, the plot in itself isn't really that interesting, and it's almost only a background investigation to "justify" the MC fucking the girls ^^ But it's enjoyable to read notheless, that's at least something Irphaeus (And maybe the only thing..) is doing good ^^

Nov 5, 2020
Well, to be fair, making a good animation yourself (Meaning without using the animations delivered with Honey Select) is hard (At least I find it really hard to make something look good and "natural", even with all the tools developped by the community ^^). But using Honey Select stock animations sure is easy as hell (It make one wonder why it take so much time to Irph to make a "render"... :p)
As for writing, my personal belief is that some are able to write well and other aren't. Even through Waifu Academy's story is enjoyable to follow, the plot in itself isn't really that interesting, and it's almost only a background investigation to "justify" the MC fucking the girls ^^ But it's enjoyable to read notheless, that's at least something Irphaeus (And maybe the only thing..) is doing good ^^
Also, originality doesn't exist anymore, everyone takes things from somewhere and they transform it into something else. The hard part is coming up with something

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
It definitely takes some skill to make animations and models using something like Blender especially if the goal, like you said, is to make it look natural. What I meant was aimed more towards Honey Select games but even some devs that use HS do things like create their own assets/maps (I assume Irphaeus does this too but he's also guilty of just putting his characters into premade scenes he found online) but Honey Select is still a really easy way to make smooth animations which is why so many beginner devs use it.

Reactions: AwsHen and riserser

alexiddd

Nov 5, 2017
It definitely takes some skill to make animations and models using something like Blender especially if the goal, like you said, is to make it look natural. What I meant was aimed more towards Honey Select games but even some devs that use HS do things like create their own assets/maps (I assume Irphaeus does this too but he's also guilty of just putting his characters into premade scenes he found online) but Honey Select is still a really easy way to make smooth animations which is why so many beginner devs use it.
HS animations is easy to use, but getting the right angle(camera) is hard. :p

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes