Oct 15, 2017
He's does have issues with his work ethic, I'll agree with you on that at least lol. Even without the AC issues though we probably still wouldn't see the update by the end of the month.
Even if, by some miracle, the update releases by the end of July, it would still mean it took him 10 friggin months to release one whole update since this is still part 2 of the first update. This game will still take literally years to finish the first route if he ever finishes it at all and doesn't pull an Icstor out of his ass and suddenly stops working on the game altogether (and his simps still continuing to pay him anyway :ROFLMAO:)

MiHawkins

Jun 4, 2018
oh below 30 Celsius is hot alr? My country's everyday last month was ranging to 45-51 Celsius xd
Are you from Kuwait or Iraq? Those are the only countries this year to have been in the low end of the range you claim at their hottest hour of the day only.

30 degre , its not unusual temperature for the peak summer lol people are souless npc ...

Even in québec canada 30degree is not un usual .. omg since the vaxx people seem stupidier each passing days
Peak summer in Quebec has an average temperature of 19ºC. Far from 30ºC.
Also, the heatwave that was being discussed is around 30ºC during the night.
1 AM as I write this and it's 29ºC in my home with all windows open. It's been like this for a week and it's not been under 24ºC at any time for over a month.

Deserttt

May 30, 2022
such a minor thing normally wouldnt be a problem for me in games, but it got mentioned so many times that it became almost immersion breaking to me: despite all of the possibilities to grope Elizabeth on the train in the early parts of the game, i never once did it, and yet for the rest of the game her dialogue acted like i did it multiple times. I get that she likes exhibitionism and that was supposed to kind of lead her into it, but still, i feel the author should've accomodated for the possibility of me not groping somebody in public, and added alternative dialogue options in future scenes.

Last edited:

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
such a minor thing normally wouldnt be a problem for me in games, but it got mentioned so many times that it became almost immersion breaking to me: despite all of the possibilities to grope Elizabeth on the train in the early parts of the game, i never once did it, and yet for the rest of the game her dialogue acted like i did it multiple times. I get that she likes exhibitionism and that was supposed to kind of lead her into it, but still, i feel the author should've accomodated for the possibility of me not groping somebody in public, and added alternative dialogue options in future scenes.
The game is a linear visual novel, it gives you the illusion that you can change what happens in the story with all the choices presented but they don't do shit, you are forced to follow the story in one way anyway.
Even if this game isn't a "proper" visual novel I still enjoyed it because the plot is good, and like you said Elizabeth is an exhibitionist so I would have groped her anyway. Girls like her want to be corrupted so why not :sneaky:

TendreConnard

Mar 12, 2018
Lol change of topic with the internet but and not quite sure what you mean by "56k internet"? Is that some type of internet company. Also he's mentioned he has shit internet and he's shown his upload speeds.. He's made it clear he wants to move eventually. Hell I would as well if my apartment had shit internet and AC.

Also patreon graph says he makes 3-10k a month. Now imagine it's on the lower end.
View attachment 1932666

20 vips x 35 = 700
Based on discord ranks
Patron rank 107 x 15 = 1605
Funder 107 x 7 = 749
Supporter 370 x 3 = 1116
---------------------------
Note though this is before taxes.
Total; $4170
(He probably averages around 6-6.5k a month just from a guess.)

It's also a rough estimate based on whos online on the discord at the time of this posting
(only about a little under half is in discord or online but majority most likely fall under the supporter rank)
Also the Patreon thing bugs out so people might have a rank still after pausing/canceling their payment which can skew the data.

Here's the average cost monthly for rental housing, a decent chunk for monthly payments. (It may have raised since last year as well I have zero clue).
There's also other payments he probably has to pay a month.
View attachment 1932685

By no means am I dick riding him right now, however the AC situation is reasonable considering what's going on with the weather over there right now.
View attachment 1932692
He's does have issues with his work ethic, I'll agree with you on that at least lol. Even without the AC issues though we probably still wouldn't see the update by the end of the month.
Good analysis.
For rental price it's difficult to use since it's highly dependant on where he lives. If it's around Paris it's way higher than some other places.

For temperature, we have a big heatwave since a few days but normally today is the last day of it

riserser

May 15, 2018
Lol change of topic with the internet but and not quite sure what you mean by "56k internet"? Is that some type of internet company. Also he's mentioned he has shit internet and he's shown his upload speeds.. He's made it clear he wants to move eventually. Hell I would as well if my apartment had shit internet and AC.

Also patreon graph says he makes 3-10k a month. Now imagine it's on the lower end.
View attachment 1932666

20 vips x 35 = 700
Based on discord ranks
Funder 107 x 7 = 749
Supporter 370 x 3 = 1116
Total; $4170

It's also a rough estimate based on whos online on the discord at the time of this posting
(only about a little under half is in discord or online but majority most likely fall under the supporter rank)
Also the Patreon thing bugs out so people might have a rank still after pausing/canceling their payment which can skew the data.

Here's the average cost monthly for rental housing, a decent chunk for monthly payments. (It may have raised since last year as well I have zero clue).
View attachment 1932685

By no means am I dick riding him right now, however the AC situation is reasonable considering what's going on with the weather over there right now.
View attachment 1932692
Wow! That was a really constructed answer, alright :p.

By "56k internet", I was refering to the famous 56k modem (Obviously, it's not the case, but his internet is so bad that it's not really different ^^ Well, I had the same upload as him until I got optic fiber :p)
I didn't really want to change the subject, just saying that he had a bad internet since the start and he never bothered moving, so I don't think he would move for any other reason either.

Well, It's the end, the "I can't work well in that heat" is just most likely the most convenient things to justify the lack of update. (Not saying that the heat isn't bothering, since I'm only lazying at home and it's already almost insupportable, but, well, we had a lot.. like a LOT of occasion to see how he's *working* these 2 last years ^^)

WigglyWorld84

Aug 14, 2021
i am so old, I remember 56K internet being a game changer (hell, i remember a time with NO internets!). Or, at least, the first internet speeds that allowed for real-time online gaming. I did have Neverwinter Knights in the gold box that was AOL exclusive before 56k. But 56k let me get into Ultima Online.

Ah, the good ol days!

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
i am so old, I remember 56K internet being a game changer (hell, i remember a time with NO internets!). Or, at least, the first internet speeds that allowed for real-time online gaming. I did have Neverwinter Knights in the gold box that was AOL exclusive before 56k. But 56k let me get into Ultima Online.

Ah, the good ol days!
Neverwinter Nights, not Knights! :)

JustAlexKing

May 28, 2022

View attachment 1932666

20 vips x 35 = 700
Based on discord ranks
Funder 107 x 7 = 749
Supporter 370 x 3 = 1116
Total; $4170

View attachment 1932685

View attachment 1932692
gotta give a like and a praise to this dude for doing all this research lmao , using "hot weather" as an excuse to not deliver an update sounds dumb in 2022.

Reactions: Math87

gellune

Jul 9, 2022
If the update at the end of this month still that weak (or just not update), I won't be subscribing to irphaeus anymore (not pretty much though).I'll subscribe to Caribdis (more diligent and higher quality right?)

Reactions: XnaVier and m4pII

warlordactual

Nov 19, 2017
gotta give a like and a praise to this dude for doing all this research lmao , using "hot weather" as an excuse to not deliver an update sounds dumb in 2022.
Well the hot weather as an "excuse" is very reasonable, do you realize how hot places get without AC when you're using a PC that increases the temperature in the room by a few degrees.

That being said, he said the update should be out July 30th, even without the weather over there he wouldn't have the update out by the end of the month.

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
Well the hot weather as an "excuse" is very reasonable, do you realize how hot places get without AC when you're using a PC that increases the temperature in the room by a few degrees.

That being said, he said the update should be out July 30th, even without the weather over there he wouldn't have the update out by the end of the month.
It's the PERFECT excuse for him because like you said it's actually a reasonable excuse

MiHawkins

Jun 4, 2018
It would be a reasonable excuse if he was very hard-working dev continuously releasing updates and due to the heatwave said: Hey, I can't work as fast as I use to. Releases are going to slow down a bit.

When you're a lazy ass who only works two weeks after the second or third missed self-appointed deadlines, then no. Heatwave is not an excuse. Nothing is.

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
It would be a reasonable excuse if he was very hard-working dev continuously releasing updates and due to the heatwave said: Hey, I can't work as fast as I use to. Releases are going to slow down a bit.

When you're a lazy ass who only works two weeks after the second or third missed self-appointed deadlines, then no. Heatwave is not an excuse. Nothing is.
Of course everyone knows even without the heatwave he still won't have the update out on time, it's just this time his excuse is actually believable than say a car crash

Reactions: Math87

Math87

Feb 10, 2020
It suck that the dev is lazy, W A is my favorite game . I dont support him with money because of is work ethic does not exist

It should updated at each 3-4 month maximum

warlordactual

Nov 19, 2017

Lazy or not you’re dead wrong about that, the fuck. What a bad take.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes