Shepard1984

Apr 10, 2021
Hello guys ( and girls and all between),

any ideas how to get the animations in 0.11 working? I only have black slides during their times.

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
And what does it matter to you if it does? Whether the dev is milking it or not, its still a good game. If you think its a scam then just don't support and get it for free like most of us. Please don't bring Cancel Culture here.
What does it matter to you if it matters to me? Is not wanting others to be scammed a bad thing? I am not saying the game should be cancelled which is not that good btw but the dev certainly

What exactly makes this a scam? Has the dev ever made clearly false claims about what the game is which resulted in you losing money?

Has Irphaeus shown that their estimates of how long it would take to finish an update are a bit unreliable/inaccurate?
Yeah but that ain't fraud, it's just bad PR, an annoyance, sure. but a scam? No, dial it back a bit there skip, it's not a scam, it's an inconvenience.

A ren'py VN shouldn't be so important to your life that the dev missing his self-imposed deadline is a scam so terrible they should be shut down over it. None of this is worth the level of contempt people seem to have for Irphaeus.
You are clearly new here so you have no idea. Scamming is lying for financial gain and that's exactly what this dev does.
An inconvenience would be to miss a deadline here and there and not lie about every fucking excuse you have for a delayed update all the time. It's a known fact he lies about every excuse he has for a delayed update and literally everyone on this thread knows this. The most famous one is when he was caught red handed lying about being in a car accident to delay an already delayed update.
So he deserve the level of contenmpt people have for him and if his patreon does get shut down, that's another reward he deserves.

This gets roughly one (relatively) large update a year, just because it may have taken longer than expected to finally get that update released but so far Irphaeus has never completely failed to put out a promised update.
LMFAO, everything here is just so god damn untrue :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
What does it matter to you if it matters to me? Is not wanting others to be scammed a bad thing? I am not saying the game should be cancelled which is not that good btw but the dev certainly
To the best of my knowledge, the dev is the sole owner of the game and its assets. Certainly he's the only person who knows what (if anything) has already been plotted out in terms of the endgame for the story. Shut down the dev for scamming and the game goes away as a result.

You are clearly new here so you have no idea. Scamming is lying for financial gain and that's exactly what this dev does.
An inconvenience would be to miss a deadline here and there and not lie about every fucking excuse you have for a delayed update all the time. It's a known fact he lies about every excuse he has for a delayed update and literally everyone on this thread knows this. The most famous one is when he was caught red handed lying about being in a car accident to delay an already delayed update.
So he deserve the level of contenmpt people have for him and if his patreon does get shut down, that's another reward he deserves.
I'm not aware of the full details of the car accident story. From what I recall hearing about it, he stated an update was delayed because he was in a car accident; however, his story was either a close match or an identical match to another dev's reason for a delay. I do not know if Irfaeus actually confessed that he copied the other story. I will note that it's actually possible for two people to suffer similar car accidents, and similar problems. It's fairly unlikely, but it is possible.

Similarly, I am not certain he lies about every excuse he's ever given for a delayed update. For instance the most recent update (the first in a long time that showed up in less than nine months or so, to the best of my knowledge) was delayed by a few weeks, but I don't recall an excuse other than it took him longer than he thought it would - something that's hardly uncommon in the history of software updates. He did say he'd try to get out smaller updates more often, and he succeeded at that (for a grand total of one update so far, so there's no track record to say it will continue, but it does look like some degree of effort was made).

I agree wholeheartedly that it is commonly believed on this forum that the dev has often lied when providing excuses for delayed updates, and with good reason. However, I've been a round this forum for a while, and I don't know for a fact that what you claim is true in the literal sense. You may be deliberately exaggerating for effect, of course - but it's almost impossible to tell when that's happening in a text-only communication medium like this.

LMFAO, everything here is just so god damn untrue :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If you're referring to your own statements? Well, in the literal sense, I'd tend to say most of what you said was at least inaccurate to a degree.

Note: my personal belief, from what I have and haven't seen here, is that the dev has continued to charge for a game on Patreon even during times when he has not done significant work on it for stretches of time. This may not be technically illegal (I don't recall the dev's page promising game updates at a particular frequency; if he's committed to providing certain benefits to people signed up at certain tiers and failed to do so, that could be something that could be addressed by a class action suit, but may not rise to the level of actual criminal activity), but I know of other devs who have turned off accepting payments for far less significant periods of inactivity, so I would tend to agree it's at least unethical.

I also find it interesting that the second game he was apparently doing predevelopment work on (Waifu Hunter) seems to have evaporated, and that it's entirely possible that he expected to bang that up into some sort of huge moneymaker, and has now concluded that this is not likely to happen, and may be prolonging the life of this game as he now has no plans beyond it. I know of no personal details to support this; it is pure speculation on my part.

TL;DR: The previous poster exaggerates his case; although the basic suppositions he's laid out are not unreasonable, they are not proven fa ct, nor universally held to be so.

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
To the best of my knowledge, the dev is the sole owner of the game and its assets. Certainly he's the only person who knows what (if anything) has already been plotted out in terms of the endgame for the story. Shut down the dev for scamming and the game goes away as a result.

I'm not aware of the full details of the car accident story. From what I recall hearing about it, he stated an update was delayed because he was in a car accident; however, his story was either a close match or an identical match to another dev's reason for a delay. I do not know if Irfaeus actually confessed that he copied the other story. I will note that it's actually possible for two people to suffer similar car accidents, and similar problems. It's fairly unlikely, but it is possible.

Similarly, I am not certain he lies about every excuse he's ever given for a delayed update. For instance the most recent update (the first in a long time that showed up in less than nine months or so, to the best of my knowledge) was delayed by a few weeks, but I don't recall an excuse other than it took him longer than he thought it would - something that's hardly uncommon in the history of software updates. He did say he'd try to get out smaller updates more often, and he succeeded at that (for a grand total of one update so far, so there's no track record to say it will continue, but it does look like some degree of effort was made).

I agree wholeheartedly that it is commonly believed on this forum that the dev has often lied when providing excuses for delayed updates, and with good reason. However, I've been a round this forum for a while, and I don't know for a fact that what you claim is true in the literal sense. You may be deliberately exaggerating for effect, of course - but it's almost impossible to tell when that's happening in a text-only communication medium like this.

If you're referring to your own statements? Well, in the literal sense, I'd tend to say most of what you said was at least inaccurate to a degree.

Note: my personal belief, from what I have and haven't seen here, is that the dev has continued to charge for a game on Patreon even during times when he has not done significant work on it for stretches of time. This may not be technically illegal (I don't recall the dev's page promising game updates at a particular frequency; if he's committed to providing certain benefits to people signed up at certain tiers and failed to do so, that could be something that could be addressed by a class action suit, but may not rise to the level of actual criminal activity), but I know of other devs who have turned off accepting payments for far less significant periods of inactivity, so I would tend to agree it's at least unethical.

I also find it interesting that the second game he was apparently doing predevelopment work on (Waifu Hunter) seems to have evaporated, and that it's entirely possible that he expected to bang that up into some sort of huge moneymaker, and has now concluded that this is not likely to happen, and may be prolonging the life of this game as he now has no plans beyond it. I know of no personal details to support this; it is pure speculation on my part.

TL;DR: The previous poster exaggerates his case; although the basic suppositions he's laid out are not unreasonable, they are not proven fa ct, nor universally held to be so.
Dude, you are baiscally saying he has like a 0.000000001% chance of saying the truth, that's as good as him not telling the truth. I appreciate you are trying to be very objective here but we are way past that.

About the car accident story he claimed to be in a car accident and posted a picture about it as proof, but when it was found out it was actually the picture of another car accident several years ago he quickly deleted it and backtracked on his claims, saying the picture was just showing a similar accident to his one. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he was lying here.
You don't need hard, concrete evidence to establish facts with this guy, just some common sense.

Reactions: AhrimanH and RDFozz

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Dude, you are baiscally saying he has like a 0.000000001% chance of saying the truth, that's as good as him not telling the truth. I appreciate you are trying to be very objective here but we are way past that.

About the car accident story he claimed to be in a car accident and posted a picture about it as proof, but when it was found out it was actually the picture of another car accident several years ago he quickly deleted it and backtracked on his claims, saying the picture was just showing a similar accident to his one. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he was lying here.
You don't need hard, concrete evidence to establish facts with this guy, just some common sense.
I love words. And I try to use the precise words to convey my meaning. I don't always succeed, but I do try.

That's why I feel it's necessary to say - you do need evidence to establish facts. That's exactly how you establish facts.

However, what I think you're trying to say (and I may be the only one to interpret it differently, because I'm an old guy :)), is that common sense would lead most people to the same conclusions we're leaping to, even without hard evidence to support it. Which I would agree with.

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
I love words. And I try to use the precise words to convey my meaning. I don't always succeed, but I do try.

That's why I feel it's necessary to say - you do need evidence to establish facts. That's exactly how you establish facts.

However, what I think you're trying to say (and I may be the only one to interpret it differently, because I'm an old guy :)), is that common sense would lead most people to the same conclusions we're leaping to, even without hard evidence to support it. Which I would agree with.
Yes I could see you really were not trying to smear or attack me in any way and just wanted to be as fair as possible in your views, hence I used a much softer tone in my reply to you. You are right, normally we would need evidence but I did say with this guy (the dev) we don't necessarily need it, after all none of us can just walk into Irapheus's house and verify what is he actually doing but I am more than happy for us to agree to disagree on this.
I completley agree with your last paragrapah though (y)

Reactions: RDFozz

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
It matters to me because, regardless of it being a scam or not, I like the game and would like to see it continue. If your opinion is that you think the game is not that good, that's fine, go ahead and criticize it, just don't shit on other people's likes by saying it should be gone.

Hopefully this scam finally gets shut down for good
I am not saying the game should be cancelled
That's exactly what you said though. To get shut down for good is the same. The dev has no backup support page so if Patreon blocks him for good, that's the end of it.

Those that are giving him financial support obviously don't believe its a scam and what they do with their money is their own damn business. If all the people claiming its a scam or that the dev is milking hasn't convinced them by now then nothing will. They don't need a white knight to ride in and save them.

Last edited:

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
It matters to me because, regardless of it being a scam or not, I like the game and would like to see it continue. If your opinion is that you think the game is not that good, that's fine, go ahead and criticize it, just don't shit on other people's likes by saying it should be gone.
My opinion is that this game shouldn't continue and I have as much right to say it as you saying it should continue. This game will never be finished so why continue it? To enjoy whatever little fanservice he gives and still get your hopes up it will be finished?
Is not like I even have any influence whether his Patreon gets shut down or not so I don't know why bother being offended at me.

That's exactly what you said though. To get shut down for good is the same. The dev has no backup support page so if Patreon blocks him for good, that's the end of it.
No it isn't, the game itself will still be available on many other sites to play. So what if that's the end of him? Devs who milk their games deserve to have their patreons shut down, anyone who says otherwise is the reason why we end up with these sorts of devs in the first place.
If you want it to continue just to enjoy whatever little breadcrumb updates he gives that's fine you do you but I have the right to hold a view that is more ethically superior.

Those that are giving him financial support obviously don't believe its a scam and what they do with their money is their own damn business. If all the people claiming its a scam or that the dev is milking hasn't convinced them by now then nothing will. They don't need a white knight to ride in and save them.
I don't care about cash cows. I care about the ones who aren't and want to know if their money is really helping towards the progress of a game.

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
My opinion is that this game shouldn't continue and I have as much right to say it as you saying it should continue.
that's fine, go ahead and criticize it
Although, you did say this earlier:
I am not saying the game should be cancelled

This game will never be finished so why continue it?
Because people still like it regardless if it will actually have a conclusion or not?
I don't know why bother being offended at me.
I'm not offended and I wasn't trying to attack you, I just don't understand the added hate. As I've said before, go ahead and criticize, but to wish for the end of something is something else.
No it isn't, the game itself will still be available on many other sites to play.
But that means there will never be any more content, so in effect its done.
anyone who says otherwise is the reason why we end up with these sorts of devs in the first place.
There have always been and always will be "these sorts". People "who says otherwise" are not the cause.
I have the right to hold a view that is more ethically superior.
Way to ride that high horse. Go get em' hero.
I don't care about cash cows. I care about the ones who aren't and want to know if their money is really helping towards the progress of a game.
Then don't support them and move on. You're not helping anyone here.

Last edited:

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
All that said, I'm not defending the dev. Hate the game or him all you want, but I'm not convinced its actually a scam. That word gets used alot on these forums, but I imagine the real issue is incompetence. Someone who promises more than they actually can do and doesn't truely learn from their mistakes. Doesn't mean they don't have a good story to tell.

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
Although, you did say this earlier:
Wishing for the end of the development of a game is not the same as wishing for the game to cease to exist

Because people still like it regardless if it will actually have a conclusion or not?
They like the current content maybe but it doesn't mean they will like the future content as well there is hardly any future content to like

I'm not offended and I wasn't trying to attack you, I just don't understand the added hate. As I've said before, go ahead and criticize, but to wish for the end of something is something else.
This guy is milking his game and you don't understand the hate?? How thick can you be? Why shouldn't I be able to wish for the end of something? You make it sound so blasphemous.
Wishing for the end of a scam is not a bad thing at all but feel free to make a compelling argument for it other than I like it so it's fine.
All I said was one line and you decided to pick an argument over it when you could have easily glanced over it, you were clearly offended by what I said.

But that means there will never be any more content, so in effect its done.
Yeah and? You weren't getting much before, it won't make any difference if it stops completley other than the milking has stopped for good

There have always been and always will be "these sorts". People "who says otherwise" are not the cause.
Yeah because people like you are fine with giving them a pass as long as you like their content

Way to ride that high horse. Go get em' hero.
Thanks

Then don't support them and move on. You're not helping anyone here.
You are not helping anyone here by advocating for a scam. Like seriously read what you are arguing for, you are essentially saying you are fine with a dev milking others as long as you get whatever little updates they have that you like and you don't have to pay for. If you want to advocate for that you are free to do that but let me not advocate for it thanks.

All that said, I'm not defending the dev. Hate the game or him all you want, but I'm not convinced its actually a scam. That word gets used alot on these forums, but I imagine the real issue is incompetence. Someone who promises more than they actually can do and doesn't truely learn from their mistakes. Doesn't mean they don't have a good story to tell.
I hated the game and dev all I wanted but you clearly won't allow it when I hated it all I wanted to the point I wish this game ceases production. This is way past incompetence as the dev lies and lies, if lies were not involved and he was just honest about his work saying something like "the update will take very long to come and is only 5 minutes" then I agree is incompetence but since he lies about his work it's a scam.

Last edited:

JoshBlackD

Sep 27, 2020
Made a compressed Android port of Waifu Academy v0.11.0 with jhonsmitt's walkthrough mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: Pixeldrain -
I got an issue bro. I started over because the last version I played was only 6.4 or something. And if u take otakus "cheats" at the beginning it brings me to a part I'm not at.

Needless to say I started over and was rushing through to catch up to where I was and got stuck on an infinite loop when retrieving the camera from the locker room. Do you know anything about that. Or a way to get passed that?

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Needless to say I started over and was rushing through to catch up to where I was and got stuck on an infinite loop when retrieving the camera from the locker room. Do you know anything about that. Or a way to get passed that?
That's Irphaeus doing. You've to ask them about it.

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
Wishing for the end of the development of a game is not the same as wishing for the game to cease to exist

They like the current content maybe but it doesn't mean they will like the future content as well there is hardly any future content to like

This guy is milking his game and you don't understand the hate?? How thick can you be? Why shouldn't I be able to wish for the end of something? You make it sound so blasphemous.
Wishing for the end of a scam is not a bad thing at all but feel free to make a compelling argument for it other than I like it so it's fine.
All I said was one line and you decided to pick an argument over it when you could have easily glanced over it, you were clearly offended by what I said.

Yeah and? You weren't getting much before, it won't make any difference if it stops completley other than the milking has stopped for good

Yeah because people like you are fine with giving them a pass as long as you like their content

Thanks

You are not helping anyone here by advocating for a scam. Like seriously read what you are arguing for, you are essentially saying you are fine with a dev milking others as long as you get whatever little updates they have that you like and you don't have to pay for. If you want to advocate for that you are free to do that but let me not advocate for it thanks.

I hated the game and dev all I wanted but you clearly won't allow it when I hated it all I wanted to the point I wish this game ceases production. This is way past incompetence as the dev lies and lies, if lies were not involved and he was just honest about his work saying something like "the update will take very long to come and is only 5 minutes" then I agree is incompetence but since he lies about his work it's a scam.
HAHA you must be new hear cause there a lot of VNs on this site that don't get updates for almost years and has a lot of patreons and lie about updates and ARE milking so i think your post is a scam

Matt66

Oct 6, 2018
Can't tell for sure but I'd guess that the reason for his patreon being under review is propably rape content. Patreon seems to be more and more trying to get rid of games from that kind of content on their platform.

Reactions: Drakorios and vmaks

Mattock

May 27, 2018
great game! I'm loving it!

as a player,
my most downer was, that I have to choose between Ma.,Mo. and Na. on "day30" at the beach!
I'll really don't get why ~playwise~(I know the ~real-time~-guys will complain, it would take too much time...but...do I care?) it's not made possible.
Also there...why if you choose the "sexier" option with Yu., why are otions for Ma. and Na. are blocked?
I can understand Mo., but...

and PLEASE: get yourself a new video-card(or RAM for it), coz once you seen the dot, you can't "unsee" it on EVERY render.

as a modder,
I don't like that earlier(0.9.8a) there was nearly no "bool"(variable) at all, now(0.11.0) for nearly every lousy choice...and I'd guess max half of them will ever be used in the future...
On the other hand I DO LIKE very much the game uses no randoms(except in the easter-egg and a joke on a path I would not suggest).

following a (long) list of errors I found;
I have attached an archive to be unpacked into the "game"-folder to mend some of the errors.
(on a win-OS you can run the MttkModSounds.bat to rid off 4 more exceptions(do NOT overwrite!), consult MttkModWAIFU0110ReadMe.txt if needed)
In the archive also is a "errors.txt" which holds the contents of the following spoiler.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
hav phun Mattock

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 265 Votes