Mod Ren'Py WalkThrough Mod [v0.04.02] | BB:AS Rebuild | [.Black Panther.] [OnlyFunz]

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017

OnlyFunzMod-0.04.02-WTLogo.jpg

Overview:
Walkthrough Mod is a unique idea and approach towards enhancing your game play experience.
The goal is to take you through step-by-step approach in completing a Task/Quest.

Release Date: 01-June-2023
Modder: OnlyFunz |

Mod Version: 0.04.02
Last Updated: 09-Feb-2024

WalkThrough:
.Black Panther.

Game Version: Rebuild v0.04.02
Game/Creator
: Big Brother - Another Story Rebuild / Aleksey90

Languages: English, German, French, Slovak
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Features:
  • "Notification Icons" are added to showcase Character status.
  • "Other Tasks" specific to each Character introduced.
  • "Dependent Steps" introduced based on each Character progress.
  • "SHIFT + w key" shortcut opens/closes the Main screen of the WT Mod.
  • WalkThrough Mod can be moved from "Left" to "Right" and vice-versa, based on your preference.
  • There are "Quick Tips" available in the Characters Panel.
  • Daily Duties panel provides "Hourly" information for the current day.
  • Clicking ".Black Panther." icon in the Main Panel, opens the Readme document.
    • The PDF file contains overview on using this Walkthrough Mod
  • English, German, French, Slovak Language supported.
  • Main panels will auto-close after few seconds.
    • Individual Character panels will not auto-close.
(Screenshots attached at the end of the post for more information)

Installation:
Extract the Zip file in main folder. (Zip archive is packed with folder format)
"
Readme - WTMOD.pdf" is also required to be placed in <Main Folder>
(D:\BB_ASr-0.04.02-pc\Readme - WTMOD.pdf)

Change-Log:

v0.04.02 for BBASr v0.04.02
Updated to support the latest game version BB:ASr 0.04.02

Uninstalling Mod:

Troubleshooting:
Do you face any issues with the WalkThrough Mod? Find most common issues/FAQ!

** It is recommended to Start a New Game to experience all of the WalkThrough MOD features **

-
- -

** WTMod requires v0.04.02 of Big Brother: Another Story Rebuild **

:: SCREENSHOTS ::

BBASr-WTMOD-v0.03-Alice-step28.jpg WTMOD-v02-AliceEvent-Cook#1.jpg WTMOD-v02-AlicePunish-#1.jpg WTMOD-v02-LisaEvent-Sun#1.jpg BBASr-WTMOD-v0.03-Lisa-Step7.jpg
WTMOD-v02-Updates-#2.png

Last edited:

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
Thanks for making this mod, I've given it a quick whirl and I would like to provide feedback for the initial release.

The dual action of the X button is confusing for me as I expect it to close the guide, but instead (depending where you are in the guide page) it sometimes is use as a back button and other times it closes the guide.

The back arrow button I would associate with going back to the previous page of the guide, but instead it moves the guide to the left of the screen.

So my suggestion to make it more intuitive is to have the buttons assigned to 1 function only and have the button visible (at the top) in the guide at all times.

You can make the move guide button a different shape from the current back arrow, for example you can have a button with a small square on the left side (indicating the guide will be moved to the left side of the screen). Once the guide has moved to the left, the button will change to a small square on the right side so that people will know pushing the button again will move the guide back to the right of the screen.

I think these minor tweeks will make the button function clearer to the end user.

Thanks again both of you for going through the effort of making this mod for us to use.

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
Thanks for making this mod, I've given it a quick whirl and I would like to provide feedback for the initial release.

The dual action of the X button is confusing for me as I expect it to close the guide, but instead (depending where you are in the guide page) it sometimes is use as a back button and other times it closes the guide.

The back arrow button I would associate with going back to the previous page of the guide, but instead it moves the guide to the left of the screen.

So my suggestion to make it more intuitive is to have the buttons assigned to 1 function only and have the button visible (at the top) in the guide at all times.

You can make the move guide button a different shape from the current back arrow, for example you can have a button with a small square on the left side (indicating the guide will be moved to the left side of the screen). Once the guide has moved to the left, the button will change to a small square on the right side so that people will know pushing the button again will move the guide back to the right of the screen.

I think these minor tweeks will make the button function clearer to the end user.

Thanks again both of you for going through the effort of making this mod for us to use.
Thank you :love: for your feedback.
We'll make necessary changes in the upcoming update.

The design choices were a rollercoaster as Touch Devices needed consideration.

This was one of the previous design, but we had to change in last minute due to one-two many arrows :geek:

The Move button design will change to something larger and with better clarity of the purpose.

On the functionality side, how do you feel using the Mod? Both the "Character" Panel and a little more detailed "Daily Duties" Panel.

Thank you again for trying and sharing your experience. We're planning to expand the Mod to house intuitive features, to help the Players with smooth Game progression.

Last edited:

.Black Panther.

Jun 3, 2020

Thank you for your feedback
As OnlyFunz said, the design of some parts was challenging .
For example, we talked for a long time about the same buttons that you mentioned.
One of the options was that the character avatar , in addition to showing the desired characters, would be changed to the "Mod side change" button when the mouse is haver on it. Even now, if you click on the avatar of the characters, it does the same thing as the mod side change button. And some other solutions.
We will be happy to know the opinions of others about different parts of the mod.
We have tried to ensure that the mod has a suitable visual design, be easy to use, and helps the players in the most effective way possible.
So the opinions and ideas of others will be helpful.

Last edited:

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
Thank you :love: for your feedback.
We'll make necessary changes in the upcoming update.

The design choices were a rollercoaster as Touch Devices needed consideration.

This was one of the previous design, but we had to change in last minute due to one-two many arrows :geek:

The Move button design will change to something larger and with better clarity of the purpose.

On the functionality side, how do you feel using the Mod? Both the "Character" Panel and a little more detailed "Daily Duties" Panel.

Thank you again for trying and sharing your experience. We're planning to expand the Mod to house intuitive features, to help the Players with smooth Game progression.
I agree that there's too many arrow buttons with the first conception of the UI, the forwards button isn't needed in my opinion. A home, exit and back/return button should be enough to navigate the mod perfectly fine.

The character panel display is fine for me but some of the daily duties is a bit too clustered and makes it a bit overwhelming.

Wednesday 10:00 - 10:59 (picture below) shows what I mean.
Untitled.jpg
There's alot of information on screen and I think this page can benefit from having the purple *tips* hidden by default and be clickable to expand the text for more help when the user needs it.

I feel this will streamline the text to be less intimidating?

For touch devices, I would add a option to have the guide open to full screen instead of (currently) opening in a box to the side of the screen.

This will give the touch screen users a better chance to hit the correct on screen button as they will have the entire screen to use, rather than trying to click on a tiny button on the screen.

I'm thinking of 6" and below phone screen when I suggest the full screen mode, as I'm not sure what the android users uses to play the game on. If they play it on a 8" and above tablet, the full screen mode shouldn't be necessary but it would be a nice option to have for them to choose between.

Thank you for your feedback
As OnlyFunz said, the design of some parts was challenging .
For example, we talked for a long time about the same buttons that you mentioned.
One of the options was that the character avatar , in addition to showing the desired characters, would be changed to the "Mod side change" button when the mouse is haver on it. Even now, if you click on the avatar of the characters, it does the same thing as the mod side change button. And some other solutions.
We will be happy to know the opinions of others about different parts of the mod.
We have tried to ensure that the mod has a suitable visual design, be easy to use, and helps the players in the most effective way possible.
So the opinions and ideas of others will be helpful.
I like the idea of hovering over the character icon and changing to mod mode but would this work on Android with touch interface?

I hope some Android users will provide some input for the UI when the game gets updated.

Thanks again to you both for the mod.(y)

.Black Panther.

Jun 3, 2020
I agree that there's too many arrow buttons with the first conception of the UI, the forwards button isn't needed in my opinion. A home, exit and back/return button should be enough to navigate the mod perfectly fine.
In fact, this was not the first design
Almost the first design was like this and there was only back button.
1685858783679.png
And changing the location of the mod was done only through the main panel and the game place panel
1685858874281.png
The character panel display is fine for me but some of the daily duties is a bit too clustered and makes it a bit overwhelming.

Wednesday 10:00 - 10:59 (picture below) shows what I mean.
View attachment 2672895
There's alot of information on screen and I think this page can benefit from having the purple *tips* hidden by default and be clickable to expand the text for more help when the user needs it.

I feel this will streamline the text to be less intimidating?
As we wrote in the PDF guide, the presence of different tasks in each hour of this section does not mean that all of them can and should be done, and the player can choose and do one or two tasks in the end. These are all available opportunities for that particular hour of the game.
But about the length of the texts, let's see how we can manage this issue
Because the tips are needed and these texts are in their most concise form.

For touch devices, I would add a option to have the guide open to full screen instead of (currently) opening in a box to the side of the screen.

This will give the touch screen users a better chance to hit the correct on screen button as they will have the entire screen to use, rather than trying to click on a tiny button on the screen.

I'm thinking of 6" and below phone screen when I suggest the full screen mode, as I'm not sure what the android users uses to play the game on. If they play it on a 8" and above tablet, the full screen mode shouldn't be necessary but it would be a nice option to have for them to choose between.
One of the ideas about the mod was that the player could use it while playing. for example, Opening the full screen of the mod will takes this feature. But at the same time, the mod should be useful and easy to use for small touch devices.
We must have proper management about it. In some cases, it is very difficult to keep everything in balance.
Let's see what we can do about it

I like the idea of hovering over the character icon and changing to mod mode but would this work on Android with touch interface?

I hope some Android users will provide some input for the UI when the game gets updated.

This was one of the reasons why we did not pursue this idea.
But it should be seen if an idea like this can be implemented for touch devices.

Thank you for the feedback

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
The "Forwards" or "Moving the Mod from one side to another" button, wasn't a priority while we designed initial layout.
But, it became Important - since, the Touch Devices doesn't have "Hide" the UI button as "H" works in PC version.

The Hide icon in the Touch devices are by default in the Left Side of the Screen.
While, the "Choices" are on the Right side.

This became clear that we need to have some option to toggle the Mod panel from one side to another, based on Game design.

WTMOD-Icons-#1.png

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
Shall we translate the whole thing right now??
We could (y) I can get you the list of common phrases/words used.
Already, few common "names", "locations" and "items" are programmed to work with the Language selected.

Once the above list is established, we can see how things work out.

• Love
Reactions: .Black Panther.

.Black Panther.

Jun 3, 2020
We could (y) I can get you the list of common phrases/words used.
Already, few common "names", "locations" and "items" are programmed to work with the Language selected.

Once the above list is established, we can see how things work out.

We once tried to include other languages, but it had some problems.
I think now we have to try once again to add other languages

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: OnlyFunz

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017

Achtung! BB

WalkThrough Mod v0.01.01

New Features:
  • German Language supported.
  • "SHIFT + w" shortcut opens/closes the Main screen of the WT Mod.
  • Main panels will auto-close after few seconds.
    • Individual Character panels will not auto-close.
  • UI icons updated.

Reactions: john1230

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
WalkThrough Mod v0.02 is getting updated SoON!!!. - Stay tuned ~

WTMOD-v02-QuickTips-#1a.png

Finally! As intended, the "Other Tasks" will give you important pointers.

WTMOD-v02-Updates-#1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ironlancer

9inchz

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
is the "pass day 6 without gameEnd" removed?
i cant see the button in the 6day night after 01:00

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
Last edited:

9inchz

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Last edited:

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
does this WT & cheat MODs .. work together? or one of them only?

& does the v0.2.00 cheatMod work with the game v0.2.01 ?
Yes indeed; You can use both the Mods together.
They are both for different purposes and they don't conflict one-another.

Are you still not getting the "Day 6" icon?