• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML Wandering Ryo [v1.2.0] [Hexoticas]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Hubs_in_hose

Jan 11, 2018
Why do "clients" have conflicting requests? Such as wearing pants and traditional sex? There have been a few times when the action requested is not possible with a required! clothing option.
1714165692360.png

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Why do "clients" have conflicting requests? Such as wearing pants and traditional sex? There have been a few times when the action requested is not possible with a required! clothing option.
View attachment 3577383
Hmm looks like a bug, this should not happen - I'll take a look at this, thanks for finding this out!

Also, thanks for the review! I'm glad when you guys enjoy the game as it was designed.
Right now I am not working on any new stuff (as I'm pretty busy with other things) but I'd like to try to address dowsides you mentioned in the review:
* you mentioned that it take a while to really get into it - do you happen to have an idea what it missing / what can be added to make the beginning more interesting / engaging? After the last updates it already looks pretty packed with dialogues and new info, but there's always room for improvement.
* you also mentioned the penalty for "working in a room that is beneath your level" - can you describe a stage in the game when this was the case? I think the latest incomplete room in a tree is never marked as low-level; is it about the latest room being locked and you need to find a way to earn more credits to make changes to unlock it?

Hubs_in_hose

Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for replying. I appreciate it when developers interact with players.
Thanks for the review! I'm glad when you guys enjoy the game as it was designed.
Right now I am not working on any new stuff (as I'm pretty busy with other things) but I'd like to try to address downsides you mentioned in the review:
* you mentioned that it take a while to really get into it - do you happen to have an idea what it missing / what can be added to make the beginning more interesting / engaging? After the last updates it already looks pretty packed with dialogues and new info, but there's always room for improvement.
Just spitballing some things here:
- Maybe some more dialogue between sister/parents about not having meaningful income. A bit more conflict that helps push Ryo into openness to taking anything that can help pay the bills. It doesn't have to be sexual between the two. Maybe increasing bills due to parent's medical. The medical thing could be twisted into the doc offering Ryo more experimental procedures to help pay for other medical bills. The sister isn't really introduced until Ryo is persuaded to try some feminine clothing. This would provide a longer "on-ramp" to this character, providing a bit more meat to the overall story.

- Sensei could meet/pick up Ryo at a local bar then take Ryo to the club and perform for Ryo. Then the next day Ryo gets the invite. There wouldn't necessarily need to be more club scenes, again just adding more background story.

- Someone at the club (Sensei/some other shadowy figure) gives Ryo a loan in Club Credits to get him started with clothing/accessories. This could also lead into unlocking the first level of clothing at The Lace and or Cosplay Stock faster. That also "traps" Ryo into having to perform. He could adjust the percentage of his club income to paying off the debt. I kind of like the feeling of entrapment leads to exploring and accepting things a person might not ordinarily try/accept. Maybe later on that same "shadowy character" could offer to pay off Ryo's debt if he could get his sister or one of the people Ryo had a relationship with to work at the club (end game stuff).

I know it is difficult to add beginning features to a game that has been out for a while. Just thinking about how to add more context as to why Ryo would eagerly entertain the option to work at the club and unlock a few more clothing options quicker.

* you also mentioned the penalty for "working in a room that is beneath your level" - can you describe a stage in the game when this was the case? I think the latest incomplete room in a tree is never marked as low-level; is it about the latest room being locked and you need to find a way to earn more credits to make changes to unlock it?
You are correct here, I was mistaken. There was a time that I was playing and I had completed the Green levels but was locked out of later Blue levels. I had to go back and repeat a lower Yellow level to have some sort of income while I waited for procedures/medicine to clear.

Keep up the good work!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hexoticas

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Thanks for replying. I appreciate it when developers interact with players.

Just spitballing some things here:
- Maybe some more dialogue between sister/parents about not having meaningful income. A bit more conflict that helps push Ryo into openness to taking anything that can help pay the bills. It doesn't have to be sexual between the two. Maybe increasing bills due to parent's medical. The medical thing could be twisted into the doc offering Ryo more experimental procedures to help pay for other medical bills. The sister isn't really introduced until Ryo is persuaded to try some feminine clothing. This would provide a longer "on-ramp" to this character, providing a bit more meat to the overall story.

- Sensei could meet/pick up Ryo at a local bar then take Ryo to the club and perform for Ryo. Then the next day Ryo gets the invite. There wouldn't necessarily need to be more club scenes, again just adding more background story.

- Someone at the club (Sensei/some other shadowy figure) gives Ryo a loan in Club Credits to get him started with clothing/accessories. This could also lead into unlocking the first level of clothing at The Lace and or Cosplay Stock faster. That also "traps" Ryo into having to perform. He could adjust the percentage of his club income to paying off the debt. I kind of like the feeling of entrapment leads to exploring and accepting things a person might not ordinarily try/accept. Maybe later on that same "shadowy character" could offer to pay off Ryo's debt if he could get his sister or one of the people Ryo had a relationship with to work at the club (end game stuff).

I know it is difficult to add beginning features to a game that has been out for a while. Just thinking about how to add more context as to why Ryo would eagerly entertain the option to work at the club and unlock a few more clothing options quicker.

You are correct here, I was mistaken. There was a time that I was playing and I had completed the Green levels but was locked out of later Blue levels. I had to go back and repeat a lower Yellow level to have some sort of income while I waited for procedures/medicine to clear.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks for all the ideas! I'll think about what can be changed at the beginning without too much rework, and will try to make the changes when I have time.
Having to pay bills is a simple and nice motivation which should be the easies one to add.
Also the loan feature may be a good way to avoid state that you experienced - ability to have it at a certain point in game may help avoid playing low level rooms from the other branch.
Thanks again!

Reactions: Hubs_in_hose

Hubs_in_hose

Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for all the ideas! I'll think about what can be changed at the beginning without too much rework, and will try to make the changes when I have time.
Having to pay bills is a simple and nice motivation which should be the easies one to add.
Also the loan feature may be a good way to avoid state that you experienced - ability to have it at a certain point in game may help avoid playing low level rooms from the other branch.
Thanks again!
I sent you a message.

• Hey there
Reactions: Hexoticas
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes