HTML Wandering Ryo [v1.2.0] [Hexoticas]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

The game indeed is rather simple as it was built around a series of images, and having one main gameplay mechanic is, well, repetitive by design. I think I had some ideas for making it look less repetitive but wanted to finish at least something that could be published.

The earlier version took too much time to complete so I tried to make the grind part less grindy by making the following changes:

• splitting game content more or less evenly - during the first completion, you would get something new every 2-3-5 levels
  • making some endings available early on - so that you could move to the next game completion faster
  • saving items across the game completions - i.e. you do not need to buy any item more than once between the games
  • adding vouchers to allow applying purchased body modification as many times as possible during current game completion, as well as adding a permanent discount to the purchased service that applies to the following game completions too
  • and the latest change - to speed up subsequent completions by 25% for each completed game (i.e. after completing the game once you would have 125% rep and currency gain rate, after fourth completion - 200%, and so on)
The game was designed to be completed multiple times; to get 100% and unlock all items and vouchers, all 12 endings should be unlocked.

The game economy (item and service prices) suggests that the amount of currency you get when completing all 12 endings roughly equals the price of all items and services purchased while playing these games. Meaning, there is no need (and would be rather hard to) purchase all items and try all services within the first completion. It should be much easier to 'go with the flow', end the game when available, play another one, purchase / try something new, and so on.

And yeah while writing this I realized that the is no way this could be known from the game alone lol; I'll probably add some in-game FAQ to make this info available there.

Thanks again for the feedback, I'll certainly add some improvements per your comments and will think about what can be changed to make the game feel less repetitive and grindy.

Feb 17, 2018
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

The game indeed is rather simple as it was built around a series of images, and having one main gameplay mechanic is, well, repetitive by design. I think I had some ideas for making it look less repetitive but wanted to finish at least something that could be published.

The earlier version took too much time to complete so I tried to make the grind part less grindy by making the following changes:

• splitting game content more or less evenly - during the first completion, you would get something new every 2-3-5 levels
  • making some endings available early on - so that you could move to the next game completion faster
  • saving items across the game completions - i.e. you do not need to buy any item more than once between the games
  • adding vouchers to allow applying purchased body modification as many times as possible during current game completion, as well as adding a permanent discount to the purchased service that applies to the following game completions too
  • and the latest change - to speed up subsequent completions by 25% for each completed game (i.e. after completing the game once you would have 125% rep and currency gain rate, after fourth completion - 200%, and so on)
The game was designed to be completed multiple times; to get 100% and unlock all items and vouchers, all 12 endings should be unlocked.

The game economy (item and service prices) suggests that the amount of currency you get when completing all 12 endings roughly equals the price of all items and services purchased while playing these games. Meaning, there is no need (and would be rather hard to) purchase all items and try all services within the first completion. It should be much easier to 'go with the flow', end the game when available, play another one, purchase / try something new, and so on.

And yeah while writing this I realized that the is no way this could be known from the game alone lol; I'll probably add some in-game FAQ to make this info available there.

Thanks again for the feedback, I'll certainly add some improvements per your comments and will think about what can be changed to make the game feel less repetitive and grindy.
When you say "The game was designed to be completed multiple times" you mean like there is a sort of new game + to start back while keeping some resources? Or that you have to start multiple games from scratch to watch every ending?

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
s
When you say "The game was designed to be completed multiple times" you mean like there is a sort of new game + to start back while keeping some resources? Or that you have to start multiple games from scratch to watch every ending?
When you complete the game and start the next one, you keep all you credits + items + get a discount for services purchased during previous game(s) + get an item to to enable faster progressions thtough the game (ranging from 125% to 400%, depending on how many times the game as completed; so it gets easier and faster with each completion.

I'm looking at the endings and the first one says that I've sucked the dildo too many times, is there a way to revert that like your appearance, or do I have to start a new game?
Looks like you've picked up the only ending which has a hard condition that cannot be met once failed :HideThePain:. I would switch to another one and complete it, then during the next game (which will be faster) you can avoid failing it.

Reactions: Blackknight666

valkirie

Mar 13, 2018
For some reason I can't start a new game. I tried both forget wandering buttons, I see the ending screen and the game returns to main menu with a continue wandering option.

Reactions: Verdandi

Seelenleere

Jul 1, 2017
After unlocking Protege as my 9th ending, I don't seem to be able to unlock stroking and the butt plug anymore. Is this a bug or intentional?

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
For some reason I can't start a new game. I tried both forget wandering buttons, I see the ending screen and the game returns to main menu with a continue wandering option.
Can you please tell me what browser / browser version you use? Also it would be helpful if you sent me a save string (from the Setting tab), I would be able to check on my end.

After unlocking Protege as my 9th ending, I don't seem to be able to unlock stroking and the butt plug anymore. Is this a bug or intentional?
It's not :unsure: butt plug is unlocked after you perform certain actions - rub ass and masturbate; and the latter one is unlocked after you take off your pants at least once. If this does not work - can you send me a save string? I'll try to debug this.

are you planning to add a dark mode?
I did not think about that, but it sounds worth investigating (y) I'll check this.

Robozoid

Dec 6, 2018
Streamline the save function so that the saves are named shorter. Money seems to be hard to get when you need a lot of it. That could use some balancing.

Hedonax

Feb 17, 2018
This is an interesting game, and the UI is definitely competently made, but... it's grindy, not particularly enjoyable in the grind, and the balance as you progress is weird. Like, I got to a point where there was almost nothing new I could do well because it all wanted me to have conflicting attributes, with later rooms in a chain requiring the opposite characteristics from prior rooms.

This could be fixed with... more grinding, but I'm not doing that because just grinding enough to progress anywhere was tiresome enough that I largely stopped even trying to play the minigame well and just focused on getting through it as fast as possible without screwing it up.

Additionally, I constantly felt starved for money, having so many things I wanted to buy at any given time to progress things that I was more worried about forgetting what I wanted to buy than anything. Never mind being able to afford to undo things, or play around, or enjoy the various customization options.

I finally managed to play to an ending, and was relieved just to click it despite it not being one I even wanted, not that any of the ending seemed all that interesting or coherent with the progression, or the characters along the way.

Reactions: EmeraldKhopesh

Seelenleere

Jul 1, 2017
It's not :unsure: butt plug is unlocked after you perform certain actions - rub ass and masturbate; and the latter one is unlocked after you take off your pants at least once. If this does not work - can you send me a save string? I'll try to debug this.
Holy shit. Thank you! I totally didn't check with taking pants off, because at some point, I just wear panties as it somewhat satisfies being bottom dressed and being naked, so I can click through days more quickly.

IcedQuinn

Feb 17, 2020
Like, I got to a point where there was almost nothing new I could do well because it all wanted me to have conflicting attributes, with later rooms in a chain requiring the opposite characteristics from prior rooms.
once you purchase a body trait you gain it forever in the form of a voucher. click on them on the main equipment screen--outside of a cam session. it will immediately switch you to that. but only once you pay for it. you don't get the base you started from for free. though from what i can tell the game will allow you to waste money buying a downgrade when you have the coupon to do it for free on the main screen.

Hedonax

Feb 17, 2018
once you purchase a body trait you gain it forever in the form of a voucher. click on them on the main equipment screen--outside of a cam session. it will immediately switch you to that. but only once you pay for it. you don't get the base you started from for free. though from what i can tell the game will allow you to waste money buying a downgrade when you have the coupon to do it for free on the main screen.
I'm aware the vouchers exist, but I understood that they just reduced the cost by half.

latenight

Oct 22, 2016
Everybody already mentioned grind and repetitiveness, so I tell about good sides: characters commenting MC changes is a part worthy of expanding, different breast shapes and even nipples location is very good addition, unfortunately rare details in games, several paths and endings, and save to file function.

About improving: somewhere after 75th level client demands become too random and need a little balancing, flesh out endings a bit, asking for more transformations would be too much but You can add really big hips, thick thighs to complement them, even bigger huge tits gained by illegal bovine hormones treatment that triggers heavy lactation, cow print bikini and farm cow ending, chastity and cum inflation for biggest degenerates among us.

Always loved games with character screen showing body changes, keep on doing what You like with this one, wish You good luck and stay safe.

Feb 17, 2018
A 71% save with temp2018's money to whoever might want it.

I got all the endings, I think there are some items left to unlock.

Copy and paste it on the settings

Last edited:
Reactions: 69ztare

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Google Chrome 114.0.5735.248

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks, I can randomly reproduce the bug but still not sure what is th reason :\
For now, you can try to save a checkpoint (on Settings tab) - load from it - try forgetting again.
If this does not work, you can erase game state by putting
Code:
javascript:localStorage.removeItem('wr-state-current')
into URL address bar and pressing enter, and the refreshing the page; this should clean up current game state.

Meanwhile, I am going to put up an FAQ and put it to the frst post (and later move it into the game).
And I already got few items I want to update / investigate, again thanks all for the feedback (y)

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes