3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
There are endings where MC ends up with Ginny. Apparently you couldn't get to her good endings. Who did she dance with at the ball? Who did you choose after the ball? What kind of relationships did she have with other students? All of this matters. Finals are just the consequences of your actions or inactions during the game. We do not have a hard-coded scenario for the relationships between NPCs in the game; they develop in their own way each time.
I'm genuinely happy and impressed to read that, I always had the hunch that things with Ginny weren't as static as some people thought (and wrote in their reviews) but admittedly I thought the conflict over that part of the game might have led to you guys not feeling like adding a bunch of variations to her potential ending(s).

If I may ask, though, does this apply to female MCs as well? I know it's on me but admittedly the whole situation were we can't invite any of the girls to the ball as a female MC but reading that a lot of stuff seems to depend on who you invited to the ball is a bit concerning, since it's not exactly as if female MCs have any choice in the matter to begin with. Thankfully someone was kind enough to tell me how to circumvent that issue with Luna, I myself know that Hermione is a lot more lenient to begin with, as long as the relationship with her is already well established & I didn't even consider the possibility that Ginny would have any sort of happy end if one tries to romance her, so now I'm both a bit confused but also extremely hyped for the game again. :D

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
If it's a female MC and other girls are involved, the ball invitation does not count towards their possible romance. We have considered this option, and the game should handle this correctly.

• Love
Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
If it's a female MC and other girls are involved, the ball invitation does not count towards their possible romance. We have considered this option, and the game should handle this correctly.
Really awesome! So in case the game locks something due to not inviting the respective character it's worth reporting it to you as a potential bug? Hasn't happened yet ofc!

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
There are endings where MC ends up with Ginny. Apparently you couldn't get to her good endings.
Not sure if you quite understood what i wrote -- I did get ending where Ginny ended up with MC in my game. She then simply proceeded to fuck Harry in secret, while in official relationship with MC, according to the text in epilogue.

Who did she dance with at the ball? Who did you choose after the ball? What kind of relationships did she have with other students?
Ironically enough, Ginny wasn't invited by anyone to the ball and didn't dance with anyone. My (female) MC had maxed out relationship with both Ginny and Harry and was fucking them both (Ginny was first) Harry has invited my MC to the ball, and never invited Ginny nor hooked up with her at the ball, no matter if i've accepted Harry's invitation or not (i've tested both cases) The final i described happens if i select for MC to date Ginny officially. If i kept relationship secret she'd end up single.

All of this matters. Finals are just the consequences of your actions or inactions during the game. We do not have a hard-coded scenario for the relationships between NPCs in the game; they develop in their own way each time.
I'm not questioning this. I'm simply suggesting that at least one of these potential finals in your game warrants giving it the NTR tag, because it's textbook case of what would get people who dislike it up in arms, so it's only fair to give them heads up.

BTW, personally i was only disappointed that in this particular scenario there was never option to simply convert this MCxGinny, MCxHarry and GinnyxHarry into a acknowledged three-way relationship because there's zero need to keep it as cheating nonsense, especially when MC is well aware these two are fucking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sole

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
About why finals are the way they are.

We are aware that 90% of players are unlikely to have read the books or fan fiction. Most likely, you've just watched the movies, and so many things may surprise you.

Of course, our story is very far from the canon and is simply based on it. But it's much more book-based than movie-based.

As I've written many times, this is just an interactive parody fanfic. Many jokes will be understandable only to those who are familiar with canon and fanon, but hardly for the general audience. For example, many players asked us at the very beginning about Hermione's boobs. We even played it up as a separate plot dialog in later versions.

So, back to the endings. They are a compromise of our team's desires and visions. Nevertheless, we think they're perfectly reasonable, especially for a parody. Don't take our game too seriously, it's not about the real world. If some things are made absurd - maybe it's just because we planned them to be absurd?

Think about the level of nonsense and inadequacy going on in our game and in many other fanfics, and you'll realize that the endings are exactly as they should be.

Reactions: ArhraCole

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
Not sure if you quite understood what i wrote -- I did get ending where Ginny ended up with MC in my game. She then simply proceeded to fuck Harry in secret, while in official relationship with MC, according to the text in epilogue.
I understand you very well. You only got one of several possible endings with her, and it's not a good ending. Not the worst, by the way. I even know what it has to do with, but I won't tell you so as not to spoiler.

Ironically enough, Ginny wasn't invited by anyone to the ball and didn't dance with anyone. My (female) MC had maxed out relationship with both Ginny and Harry and was fucking them both (Ginny was first) Harry has invited my MC to the ball, and never invited Ginny nor hooked up with her at the ball, no matter if i've accepted Harry's invitation or not (i've tested both cases) After the ball in the scenario where i have selected for MC to date Ginny officially. If i kept relationship secret she'd end up single.
We'll check for compliance here, just in case. But for now, it looks like one of the possible endings, where not only the relationship with her, but also other conditions are affected.

BTW, personally i was only disappointed that in this particular scenario there was never option to simply convert this MCxGinny, MCxHarry and GinnyxHarry into a acknowledged three-way relationship because there's zero need to keep it as cheating nonsense, especially when MC is well aware these two are fucking.
It was a conscious decision to avoid harem endings. Otherwise, they would have made the table of possible endings several times more complicated, and we would have been finishing this game for several more years.
Alas, we're only humans after all.

Reactions: Exceeder96

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I understand you very well. You only got one of several possible endings with her, and it's not a good ending. Not the worst, by the way. I even know what it has to do with, but I won't tell you so as not to spoiler.
I have to say this is rather counter-intuitive in this case, because as far as i can tell there's very little else the player could've done, other than maybe actively sabotage relationship level between Ginny and Harry with fake mail. It came especially unexpected given Harry didn't display any interest in Ginny at the ball -- he didn't invite her, and they wouldn't get together during the unofficial part.

You don't need to be concerned with spoilers for me, i'lll check the rpy script later out of curiosity anyway.
edit: so, yeah, it's the jwc.r_hp > 45 part of the conditional that was passed in this case

Last edited:

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I totally get that you don't want to spoil stuff, but would you mind telling me if I'm on the right track (for the more wholesome endings) thinking I should only focus on 1 of the main characters per playthrough (no sleeping around with other main characters), do all their quests properly and don't screw over their friends?

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
I totally get that you don't want to spoil stuff, but would you mind telling me if I'm on the right track (for the more wholesome endings) thinking I should only focus on 1 of the main characters per playthrough (no sleeping around with other main characters), do all their quests properly and don't screw over their friends?
This is not entirely true, but it makes some sense. Imagine that this is real life, and this whole situation with the ball. If you are in a relationship with several other npcs, then they will expect some action from you. And most likely they will hardly go to the ball with anyone else. (Exceptions are possible, by the way. Although in some cases these exceptions will not affect your romance). Accordingly, they will not form possible pairs with other npcs.

Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
This is not entirely true, but it makes some sense. Imagine that this is real life, and this whole situation with the ball. If you are in a relationship with several other npcs, then they will expect some action from you. And most likely they will hardly go to the ball with anyone else. (Exceptions are possible, by the way. Although in some cases these exceptions will not affect your romance). Accordingly, they will not form possible pairs with other npcs.
Thanks, that is enough to work with, I think. Guess best is to try and see how it goes, for the most part your game never really made me feel as if something happened out of the blue, but I spoilered myself on some potential things happening (that I never got to anyway) and now I'm probably just overthinking everything.

Hajime

May 7, 2017
Built-in cheats added ? meaning`s?
You can increase stats etc.

Bug Report: Found a typo with (Body) when you convince Harry to stay as a girl in the epilogue.
Oh and a small pet peeve, why is Hermione missing in most of the epilogues when you dont date her?

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
You can increase stats etc.

Bug Report: Found a typo with (Body) when you convince Harry to stay as a girl in the epilogue.
Oh and a small pet peeve, why is Hermione missing in most of the epilogues when you dont date her?
Please give examples. All major characters must be mentioned in the epilogue in any case. If not, then it looks like a bug, and I want to see the saves before this epilogue.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Hmm there seems to be an odd bug with the game when it comes to selection of Harry's ball partner, or it's just me:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
All q77 variables for MC are false, ggc.r_hp has value of 7 and jwc.r_hp is 54 so Harry should be inviting Ginny to the ball, and yet the game skips him entirely and only shows Ron (who pairs with Hermione) as first. Either the bundled .rpyc version of the file contains some wrong logic that doesn't match the .rpy version, or idk.

Hajime

May 7, 2017
Ive seen him with Ginny, and sleeping with her in the Owlery. Also as you said if you dont invite Hermione or have a crappy standing with her she refuses and goes with Ron. Ive seen Lavender with Ron and Colin. Luna it seems always favours Rolf. And Astoria and Draco.

Funnily enough there used to be a scene where you could rescue Astoria from him but I cannot for the life of me start it.

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes