HTML Abandoned War of the Realms [v2022-04-30] [AJLee7385]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
while working on version three found a few issues myself when finished writting the scene im writting will give you guys updated link

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
And here is the link guys

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Thoughts/advice/issues v0.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

First i want to say thank you. i appreciate you taking the time to write this. i have been trying to make a game for years. I've already scraped two really don't want to scrap a third. i use grammerly on every passage. however it doesn't fix everything and sometimes tries to get to fix stuff that doesn't need fixing. So id really wish people would stop with that. I am not or never be able to use perfect English so its not going to happen.

Second you right about the concept I come up with things as I go. As a matter of fact I was writing the library scene i came up with the nexus thing. But right now the only path that has the items is the Dratorian path. The plan is to use the nexus room to back and try different outcomes. Early game stil so im just doing stuff as it comes the lore stuff.

Third about the lore stuff maybe i said two much with the dragon but his whole thing was intimidation dragons have always respected power. It why his daughter is into domination. He raided cause he needed two instilling fear into those who'd challenge him. People were always afraid of dragons so i thought saying what i did people would use common sense and see what i was saying. He wasn't merciful he was just a dragon dragon pillage and savage lands its just what they do. So people were afraid and knew better to do anything to incur his wrath further really didn't think i needed to clarify that because that's dragons 101 but ok whatever.

i dont know whats its called but where the guy is telling the stories hes narrating. me as person i like when narrators share their opinions about stuff so its not so stuff. hence the comments about not being realms being destroyed. it's just my style to mix opinion of the narrator and story teller in that way don't know if its a thing but its my thing.

Forth about the comment again thats an opiniong thing i added yes but i also dont know any father that would want his daughter to go out dressed like that. pervs love that kinda thing. especially around here. so to you might seems like forcing something on you but growing up Ive met plenty of people like that.

Again almost everything I do and write is written as it comes I'm not a planer never have been. Nothing ever goes to plan for me so i just wing it. its a style that works for me. that being said i always know how i want stories to start and how they end. For me ive always been the it doesn't matter if you know how the book ends kind of thing its how you get there there that matters.

finally several people have told me about the neighborhood thing i thought i fixed it but i cant find any passage named neighborhood so have no idea what you guys are talking about. however if its the thing with the rehab bit it should be fixed with version 2.5

most stuff that is unfinished i mark with stuff like hotel the which i did start but halfway through writing i realized way i was going will still take a bit to finish plus would lead to next day stuff anyway. I wanted to get a update out for you guys cause it had already been like three weeks so i paused it.

although I'll admit i did forget to add the alternate purchase of the hotel scene.

i noticed bank stuff was broken as i was finishing the Alteran day one end so i made some changes 2.5 should be updated to fix the bank.

i didnt know about the classes thing and honestly no idea how to fix that but that's what the walk through is for. i always hate having to ask peeps for walk through so build them into my games.

either i will take what youve written into consideration so thank you

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
finally found it working on trying to fix but itas not cooperating

Last edited:

Zirenaz

Feb 20, 2020
1635687551416.png
Needs a lot of work, but has potential.
Found a few pictures fails as well, Day1/clubraid was cludraid, dakota/gun was dakotagun.
One other thing, white text on yellow background is generally a bad idea, which make the library texts hard to read.

Edit: White on light grey is even worse (bouncer). And all the coding seems to need an overhaul, the red fail bars are all over the place, and I have yet to find anything that actually works in what should be a sandbox game.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffrey1667

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
View attachment 1477008
Needs a lot of work, but has potential.
Found a few pictures fails as well, Day1/clubraid was cludraid, dakota/gun was dakotagun.
One other thing, white text on yellow background is generally a bad idea, which make the library texts hard to read.

Edit: White on light grey is even worse (bouncer). And all the coding seems to need an overhaul, the red fail bars are all over the place, and I have yet to find anything that actually works in what should be a sandbox game.
i could swear i fixed that

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
sorry guys i got distracted by the realse of forza horizon 5 just waking up starting to to work on game again now.

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
First i want to say thank you. i appreciate you taking the time to write this. i have been trying to make a game for years. I've already scraped two really don't want to scrap a third. i use grammerly on every passage. however it doesn't fix everything and sometimes tries to get to fix stuff that doesn't need fixing. So id really wish people would stop with that. I am not or never be able to use perfect English so its not going to happen.

Second you right about the concept I come up with things as I go. As a matter of fact I was writing the library scene i came up with the nexus thing. But right now the only path that has the items is the Dratorian path. The plan is to use the nexus room to back and try different outcomes. Early game stil so im just doing stuff as it comes the lore stuff.

Third about the lore stuff maybe i said two much with the dragon but his whole thing was intimidation dragons have always respected power. It why his daughter is into domination. He raided cause he needed two instilling fear into those who'd challenge him. People were always afraid of dragons so i thought saying what i did people would use common sense and see what i was saying. He wasn't merciful he was just a dragon dragon pillage and savage lands its just what they do. So people were afraid and knew better to do anything to incur his wrath further really didn't think i needed to clarify that because that's dragons 101 but ok whatever.

i dont know whats its called but where the guy is telling the stories hes narrating. me as person i like when narrators share their opinions about stuff so its not so stuff. hence the comments about not being realms being destroyed. it's just my style to mix opinion of the narrator and story teller in that way don't know if its a thing but its my thing.

Forth about the comment again thats an opiniong thing i added yes but i also dont know any father that would want his daughter to go out dressed like that. pervs love that kinda thing. especially around here. so to you might seems like forcing something on you but growing up Ive met plenty of people like that.

Again almost everything I do and write is written as it comes I'm not a planer never have been. Nothing ever goes to plan for me so i just wing it. its a style that works for me. that being said i always know how i want stories to start and how they end. For me ive always been the it doesn't matter if you know how the book ends kind of thing its how you get there there that matters.

finally several people have told me about the neighborhood thing i thought i fixed it but i cant find any passage named neighborhood so have no idea what you guys are talking about. however if its the thing with the rehab bit it should be fixed with version 2.5

most stuff that is unfinished i mark with stuff like hotel the which i did start but halfway through writing i realized way i was going will still take a bit to finish plus would lead to next day stuff anyway. I wanted to get a update out for you guys cause it had already been like three weeks so i paused it.

although I'll admit i did forget to add the alternate purchase of the hotel scene.

i noticed bank stuff was broken as i was finishing the Alteran day one end so i made some changes 2.5 should be updated to fix the bank.

i didnt know about the classes thing and honestly no idea how to fix that but that's what the walk through is for. i always hate having to ask peeps for walk through so build them into my games.

either i will take what youve written into consideration so thank you
i use grammerly on every passage. however it doesn't fix everything and sometimes tries to get to fix stuff that doesn't need fixing. So id really wish people would stop with that. I am not or never be able to use perfect English so its not going to happen.
Not familiar with grammarly, or how good it is. Might be worth checking if MS Word or Google docs give you better results. Wasn't a huge complaint for me, just a suggestion about a way to improve it. Your call if you try other options or ignore the comment.

The main character also being used as the narrator is just called 1st person narration. There's probably exceptions out there, but it's generally done to limit what's being narrated to what the character would know. If the main character is telling things as a story (that's already happened), there's probably a fancy name for it that I'm not aware of (autobiographical narrator maybe?). There's better potential for giving extra info like that, but it can also be tricky to write.

Might be easiest to skip over the lore page and add bits and pieces as it becomes relevant, or add it to a lore option on the sidebar. Your call though.

It's one of the choices in uptown (possibly mid), leads to the scene with the drugs.

Uhhh... that might be a regional thing. Her outfit would look pretty normal in a highschool around here (and not even overly slutty. Skirt's too short to call it conservative though). Not gonna comment on the other part, aside from saying that I work in rehab.

Just add in a variable check. Bunch of different ways to do it, mostly based on how you want things to work.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
so it is 'VN-into-sandbox' hence i cannot assess such 'readable' genre as i dont read
(closest comparison prolly d be college daze)
id vote for pure sandbox.
(thus cut the text, generate tons of quests n tasks [which provide the narrative] , no routes )
will be/ is there some managerial gameplay as well? given some resources like wood iron etc

Last edited:

delik

Mar 17, 2019
Hey can someone tell me how to open HTML game on android?im using Google Chrome and I'm always missing pics.

Angelofhades

Jan 20, 2018
Just a observation of what I read but wound it be more convincing to have a spell extension list to the elements chart and race spells.

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
I've been working on it again finishing up siome stuff then will start day 2 stuff got distracted buy whole bunch of stuff but im hoping to be back back

Reactions: Tinuss

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
having issues fixing the loop problem in neighbor hood but i managed to start a true path you have o do the clases three times but I think up to the neighborhoob bit its ok. this not an offical release but its been monts so at least wanted o give you something

when i wake up will do more

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
really sorry its taking so long to get a new update out guys I've been working on and off keep getting distracted by stuf.
I have added a female path at evening of day 2 on it as soon as I finish that I will post an official update again I'm still here and really sorry taking so long.

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes