deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
I fixed Ch 6 missing picture and updated the family patch.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The images you fixed are supposed to be animations. Is thel_eisheth_*.webm in the game/videos/ directory? Is this the compressed version or official?

Too bad, I think it would have worked perfectly to combine lust and chaos and as pointed out by rance, it would have been very thematic.
Honestly, it never occurred to me to combine them like this. I'm deliberately vague because I don't really know yet. Warlord is the second thing I'm working on and I'm more growing the story rather than developing it. I know how it ends and what needs to happen to get there, but the details are filled in as we go. If you've played any of my other games, you know I'm not opposed to including darker elements related to consent, but only where I feel the story or characters need it. In my opinion, it would have been waaaay too early in chapter 6 to have the MC do anything that dark. There is a future scene I have in mind where that might work. We'll see. Sorry if that's still vague, but at least you know why.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
I noticed you've locked off the revenge route, if we choose it we die? Why is it even an option then, seems kinda pointless to me if I'm honest, it almost feels like we're being pigeonholed into the direction of extracurricular activities with the young girls, I just feel like if we had 2 options to pick why shouldn't both of them lead somewhere

Another thing that I want to question is, why in almost every scene does the camera always pan side to side, or moves front to back, it looks nice for one or 2 renders sure, but it doesn't really lend itself well when your viewer is trying to read your dialogue and the camera is constantly moving, it's rather offputting actually.

The 2 points above aside, the game seems like it might be good, just don't keep changing your story to suit others, otherwise, it'll stop being your story and it'll end up being something entirely different.

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
I noticed you've locked off the revenge route, if we choose it we die? Why is it even an option then, seems kinda pointless to me if I'm honest, it almost feels like we're being pigeonholed into the direction of extracurricular activities with the young girls, I just feel like if we had 2 options to pick why shouldn't both of them lead somewhere

Another thing that I want to question is, why in almost every scene does the camera always pan side to side, or moves front to back, it looks nice for one or 2 renders sure, but it doesn't really lend itself well when your viewer is trying to read your dialogue and the camera is constantly moving, it's rather offputting actually.

The 2 points above aside, the game seems like it might be good, just don't keep changing your story to suit others, otherwise, it'll stop being your story and it'll end up being something entirely different.
Eisheth won't bond with you if you only have a singular purpose (ie, protection vs revenge). This is important to the plot at that point.
After that choice, you can take the chaos/revenge route all the way to its deserving end ;).

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

ChangoFeroz

Jan 26, 2020
The images you fixed are supposed to be animations. Is thel_eisheth_*.webm in the game/videos/ directory? Is this the compressed version or official?
You didn't name them properly in the script and I just name them how you had it the gallery thus the images were found.

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
Eisheth won't bond with you if you only have a singular purpose (ie, protection vs revenge). This is important to the plot at that point.
After that choice, you can take the chaos/revenge route all the way to its deserving end ;).
Ok that I can understand and that helps clear that up, but I was just choosing both options to see what would happen and was surprised that revenge led to a game over, I am glad to know that I can take the revenge path to its full conclusion though, that is the one I'll likely end up following.

I do enjoy the story, but I have to replay some parts because I miss certain dialogue because of the camera movements, but that's a minor complaint of mine, I appreciate the response and the explanation given, thank you :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: deepglugs

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
You didn't name them properly in the script and I just name them how you had it the gallery thus the images were found.
They are named right according to game/videos/videos_interp.rpy and I just verified the animations on the steam version. So either something is wrong with the public version here or the compressed version. Can you tell me which one you used?

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
*snip*
I do enjoy the story, but I have to replay some parts because I miss certain dialogue because of the camera movements, but that's a minor complaint of mine, I appreciate the response and the explanation given, thank you :)
I did note the camera movements issue. I admit to feeling a bit dizzy at times myself. Glad to know its not just me. I'll figure something out by either making the animations slower or not animating them if the dialog is too long. Are there any particular animations that are worse than others? Thanks for the feedback.

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
I did note the camera movements issue. I admit to feeling a bit dizzy at times myself. Glad to know its not just me. I'll figure something out by either making the animations slower or not animating them if the dialog is too long. Are there any particular animations that are worse than others? Thanks for the feedback.
Take a scene that sticks in my head as an example, when the conversations occur inside their heads as covered in your spoiler, the camera keeps moving backwards to include both characters and then forward to hide one character, this is what sometimes distracts me from paying attention to the dialogue, and I find I have to wait until the camera is at a certain point to read it so I don't miss anything (This could be due to me having a short attention span and often finding distractions easily)

It's this kind of scene I'm referring to, but I realise that's an artistic design and it's nice (in moderation), but I feel like using it on scenes heavy with dialogue, can decrease a player's attention to the text if there is something else to draw their attention away from it.

Although I'll admit at first I thought it was just me being a whiny person, if this kind of thing seems to affect you at times as well, I might not be alone in my thinking. Keep it artistic and just reduce the swaying/movement to minimal amounts, it's only off-putting when you can see the camera moving and the scene appears to change even if it is only slightly (I.E including or not including objects/characters that were not shown before) not because it's progressing the story but because the camera is panning/moving

I'm hoping this information helps and makes sense to you, If you require more information I'll try to supply it in detail (May need to replay the game for that though but please do let me know if this is the case)

sabadongelov

Aug 21, 2018
I fixed Ch 6 missing picture and updated the family patch.
What does the family patch do? When I played the last update without the family path, the sisters where still the MCs sister and the aunt was still the aunt.

Honestly, it never occurred to me to combine them like this. I'm deliberately vague because I don't really know yet. Warlord is the second thing I'm working on and I'm more growing the story rather than developing it. I know how it ends and what needs to happen to get there, but the details are filled in as we go. If you've played any of my other games, you know I'm not opposed to including darker elements related to consent, but only where I feel the story or characters need it. In my opinion, it would have been waaaay too early in chapter 6 to have the MC do anything that dark. There is a future scene I have in mind where that might work. We'll see. Sorry if that's still vague, but at least you know why.
Aaaah, you play as you go, I get it, and I wondered why you were so vague before and couldn't understand it. I guess that the answer right beneath your nose is the hardest to find... :geek:

Anyway, haven't played your previous titles, but might look into them. You do you with your game, but I think it would be befitting for a MC that's trodden down on the darker path to be able to make such choices also. Kind of what real life warlords did. But it's of course up to you what you want in your game. Regardless of if you let the MC combine lust and chaos at some point, I think it would work nicely from a lore perspective if it at least is something that can be and is done by others. And it doesn't just have to be relegated to chaos and lust. Other energies could be synergized too. So, for instance, if you combine chaos and heavenly/divine energy (don't remember if that was what it was called, but I think you know what I mean) it could take the form ritual sacrifice whereas if you combine lust and divine/heavenly energy it could be a ritualistic orgy. And so on.

And I see what you mean about it being to early for the MC to do something that dark, though killing the patron godess of his aunt (and his own familiy?) seems kind of dark also, to be fair. But I guess that can be chalked up to some sort of instinctive and adrenaline fueled reaction as a result of the stressful situation/fight he just came out of. And while I was a little disappointed we didn't get to do anything with/to her (fucking a godess has a nice ring to it... :LOL:), I appreciate that you didn't flinch from killing off a female character that could have been a potential LI (it's so boringly predictable when all females become LI:s/allies while only men remain enemies to the MC) and also that females in your game can have serious conflicts and be (lethal) enemies and are not automatically made into friends forever when they discover their mutual love for the MCs mighty cock (a sidenote, also enjoy the developing jealousy between the sisters).

Same thing with the moral grayscale of the different factions, that there isn't a "good" faction and an "evil" faction, but simply factions (or maybe even, several slightly evil factions, by our modern standards, as they all seem perfectly fine with killing and slaughter to achieve their goals, which is also realistic).

• Red Heart

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
The version here shouldn't need the family patch. It's only needed if the pay tree on version somehow ends up here.
But I guess that can be chalked up to some sort of instinctive and adrenaline fueled reaction as a result of the stressful situation/fight he just came out of. And while I was a little disappointed we didn't get to do anything with/to her (fucking a godess has a nice ring to it... :LOL:)
You got it and...

Reactions: sabadongelov

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
The version here shouldn't need the family patch. It's only needed if the pay tree on version somehow ends up here.

You got it and...
The reason I posted the i-patch is because there's still a link to the old one on the front page. I figure the link should either be replaced with my updated version or taken down if it's not needed anymore.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
is this patch will work with new updates?
If you mean, will the patch I just posted work with the current update, v0.6.1, the answer is probably. I don't know for sure because I haven't tested it myself, but I'm confident it will work. I have no idea if it will work with future updates.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Hey all..
Can someone please help me in how to install this patch to the game?
If you mean the incest patch, which is the only patch on this thread, here's how:
Okay, I've never played this game before, but I've been editing rpy scripts for a while now, so I'm confident I've properly updated Herogosp's incest patch for v0.6.1. I've attached it below.
Step 1. Press the red up button next to "Emelex said:" to go to the post containing my updated version of "this patch to the game", which is a file named script.rpy, and download it.
Step 2. Unpack/extract your copy of Warlord v0.6.1 if you haven't already.
Step 3. Open the folder \warlord-0.6.1-pc\game\
Step 4. Copy and paste my script.rpy file into the \game\ folder. Override the existing file.
Step 5. You're done. Play the game.

Reactions: Icey81Hammer
3.80 star(s) 18 Votes