Tutorial RPGM Ways To Run RPGM Games On Mac

Fenyr_

Mar 10, 2023
I've been doing this for all RPGM MV games I've downloaded and mention in this , but here it is step by step:

1. Look for your RPGM MV game base for your game in here and download it:
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-engine-all-versions.32358/

2. From the Window's RPGM MV version of the game you downloaded, there is a folder called 'www' rename it to 'app.nw'.

3. Right click the game base, Show Package Contents, and browse to Contents > Resources.

4. Move and replace the old app.nw with your game's app.nw (renamed from www).
Game.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw

5. (Optional) your www may have already included a package.json, if not you can move the package.json from the directory before.
Open package.json in a text editor and edit these lines:
"main": "www/index.html", to "main": "index.html",
"icon": "www/icon/icon.png" to "icon": "icon/icon.png"

6. And you're done! Rename the app to whatever you want, for example 'Coceter Chronicies v.12b.app'.

Sometimes the game may not open so you may have to do this: (it's mostly fixed in new engines)
Code:
start up Terminal, go to the folder the Game file is in (named CoceterChronicles by default), and enter these commands:

Code:
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/Frameworks/nwjs\ Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs\ Helper
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/Frameworks/nwjs\ Helper\ EH.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs\ Helper\ EH
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/Frameworks/nwjs\ Helper\ NP.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs\ Helper\ NP
ref Fenoxo forums:
(RIP CoC)

View attachment 54633
I have no clue what I'm doing, I've been trying to play "Winter Memories [v1.07] [DojinOtome]" but I have no clue where to start. I tried to follow along as best as I could but nothing seems to work. I've been using nwjs v.086.0 because it was the most recent that would actually open and I changed the 'www' folder to 'app.nw' but when I go to replace it there is no 'app.nw' in the game base so I just put it in there and tried to start it up. After waiting a bit I just get a notification that tells me that the application is not responding. I also tried to go along with the code part (had to change it a bit for it to route to the file) but it didn't seem to do anything.

Last edited:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I have no clue what I'm doing, I've been trying to play "Winter Memories [v1.07] [DojinOtome]" but I have no clue where to start. I tried to follow along as best as I could but nothing seems to work. I've been using nwjs v.086.0 because it was the most recent that would actually open and I changed the 'www' folder to 'app.nw' but when I go to replace it there is no 'app.nw' in the game base so I just put it in there and tried to start it up. After waiting a bit I just get a notification that tells me that the application is not responding. I also tried to go along with the code part (had to change it a bit for it to route to the file) but it didn't seem to do anything.
Which Os version ? Intel or Apple silicon ?

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Silicon M2 Chip, currently on Sonoma 14.5
I tried it on Mojave/Intel, Monterey/M1 and Sonoma/M3, using NWJS 0.29, which is the version this game is build with.
On the first system it ran smoothly (as expected), on the Silicon chips it required more than a dozen restarts before I got past the first splash screen.
0.29 is ancient now, so you might want to try newer versions of NWJS.
Whatever version you try, there are some general steps you should take just to get started. See this post https://f95zone.to/threads/ways-to-run-rpgm-games-on-mac.6056/post-11757266