VN - Ren'Py - Westview Academy [v0.4.1] [Tako Yuh]

1. 2.00 star(s)

stubbruh54

It starts promising, not that it starts particularly different from most college AVN games but it opens with some solid dialogue and really nice renders. Overall that's all the game really has.

good:

- beautiful renders/characters
    - somewhat witty dialogue that might get a chuckle out of you

bad:

- what the fuck is going on in this story
    - pacing is all over the place, you find yourself asking "wait who the hell is this" and saying "oh OK, I was there one second, now i guess i'm here, cool"
    - it just feels like there's supposed to be some main story for the MC, beyond just the music/basketball career, and there's just nothing to help contribute or add depth to anything. If you don't play sex games for the story that's fine, but it's still bad because ->
    - the sex scenes are so boring
  2. 4.00 star(s)

AleksaZec1

So far pretty good, amazing renders and models, likeable mc, writing is on par with the best avns. So story is a meh, branching doesn't help, The sex scenes are bland and quite short, the games has potential so i hope it will become better in all those areas.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Penkovsky

Story: Still too short to rate (Typical School settings, decent so far)
    Render: 5/5
    Animation: 5/5
    Gameplay:4/5 (Traditional AVN game with a bit of minigames)
    Girls: 8/5
    Potential: 10/5

A Simple Story driven AVN with A really good Render and animation.
    Decent story but a little short, everything happening so fast.

This game have a great potential, but we really need longer chapters. Great visuals, characters are cool and likeable.

Great work dev. and good luck for the updates.
    if the dev play the card right this may become top AVN out there.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

gAngel123

This game is right up my alley, definitely my top 3, maybe even my top 1.

The girls are spot on for me, both in regards to appearance and personality. It's still pretty early on but all the girls are already getting some serious depth to them and I can't wait to see more of their development.

Renders are well lit, well composed, and well colored. Animations aren't the best I've seen but they're far above average for Daz games, they're pretty basic but they get the job done.

Looking forward to seeing more of this, well done TakoYuh!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

bebiho

- Excellent renders and animations, very realistic and smooth.
    - Generic college story but I approve of musician/basketball routes
    - Music is good
    - Characters are so far well written

Look forward to see the development, this has ton of potenial and if developer do it right with basketball and music stuff + romances.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Sherm29

A steaming plate of hot garbage. The first star is because this game has some excellent visuals, like some of the best I've seen, the second star is because MC seems to be written likeable enough but those are about the extent of praise I can give to this game.

When it comes to the character development, there is none, MC meets people and immediately becomes close friends with them and gets into their inner circle after only exchanging three sentences, most of them he doesn't even exchange more than 10 words with. The pacing is all over the place.

The novel has no narrative, I don't know what this is about, there is no incentive to do anything in this game. This game is about nothing at all, just MC existing in his environment is the main narrative of this game. It's even worse for the music route because for one, the dev doesn't really understand different genres of music on a basic level as indicated by some of the choices and dialogues in the game and second, it feels like a parody, MC has sex with a married woman infront of her husband in the middle of a cafe, as in on top of one of the tables while the cafe is still open and also MC is pretending to be an employ there while a random worker of the cafe is helping him. Tell me that doesn't sound like something straight from one of those early 2000s parody movies.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Iamthegoldengod

Very beautiful LIs...but that's it :(

Pros: renders are gorgeous and original looking (I mean seriously everything from dresses, faces, body, and environment), animated scenes are pretty cool.

Cons: relationship building and time skips. I feel like pacing is a little bit fast, I would really have loved to get to know them more even if it means you know fooling around. Writing is decent but things moving too fast after just 1 or two interaction makes it come off as shallow. Second, Time skips should also be lowered cuz it seems like we jump from scenes to scene. Finally, more college stuff would be good you know like more classes and normal stuff.

Verdict: I would wait till there's actually character development and better transitions.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Bobbylee69

Game has really nice renders, writing is pretty smooth to read and people talk like real people.

One suggestion from me is to create something "unique" as the main plot point. For me the execution so far is very good but there is nothing that really stands out conceptually (e.g. BADIK story is centered around a frat, Artemis is around AI, Chasing Sunsets around estranged siblings).

Sometimes even if execution is sloppy (like Ataegina or Mist) an interesting concept is sufficient to retain readers. Just my opinion though, feel free to disregard.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

TheElectricJohn

This is a really good game, with funny humor, and great renders. Both paths seem like they can provide interesting content. TakoYuh seems to know what he's doing. This new update was pretty good as well. I'm excited to see where Tako takes this game in future updates!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Kond

Westview Academy [v0.4.1]
    Awesome game.
    Very well done renders, beaultiful girls, not filled with already known faces (at least for me), no bugs, good animations, good amount of content, good and balanced MC, i liked the writing and i didnt feel the need to skip dialogue.
    There are different branches where you will have a closer contact with different girls, no forced sex, no forced relationships and no forced kinks...so if you are like me that dont like bissexual/lesbian girls you can avoid them easily. And in some stances you can even not accept a girl's invitation to go somewhere, this is quite rare.
    I dont think is possible to have a single playthrough while getting all girls, so depending of which girl you want or if you want to see everything you will need more than one gameplay, and im not saying this as a bad thing, im saying this as a positive aspect of the game, to be clear.
    A honestly i didnt see anything i dont like to the point of removing stars from the rating. Strongly recommend.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

gravitus

One of the better games I've played so far and one of the few that keeps me playing without using the auto skip function. Very good story, scenes and the choices feel like they actually matter. Definetly would recommend to anyone who is having doubt about playing it, 10/10
  12. 5.00 star(s)

everhardninja

Cons :
    Name of game is Westview Academy

2 redheads, that's two redheads too many.

No landladies or attractive milf's yet, there's that teacher but she's aight, nothing special

Jalen hasnt been signed yet

Not enough dunks or clowning on CP3

Pro's:
    Basketball

A dunk

Lots of brunettes

Dev is cultured

That being said here's your 5 stars, thanks for letting me pirate your game
  13. 5.00 star(s)

bozamaco

Very good game.

Characters in this game actually speak and act like human beings would act, which is a surprise in the most of AVNs. Very relatable and funny references and writing overall is good. Not to complicated, yet not just a simple "sex, now".

Models look very nice, lighting is on point, love the angles of the camera, and camera work in general. Game features many seemingly random animation, but I love them personally. They give life to the game and characters overall.

Game offers two major paths, whether you are into sports, particularly basketball or perhaps a musical career. Whichever you end up choosing you will not regret it.

I had fun with it, therefore I recommend it and cannot wait to see more. Overall 5 outta 5.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

rorodrigro

play v0.3.2 with french trad (which explains my poor written English, sorry) and without minigame

story: 5/5 Very good, I have never been out of the story and I am eager to know what happens next.

characters: 4/5 Pretty good, the characters are physically quite different, personality-wise they are also quite different, although in that aspect it could be even better.

sex scene: 2/5 Quite few for now, but the big drawback is that they are really too short, which leaves no room to feel any kind of eroticism.

renders: 5/5 The game is truly magnificent, with some very good ideas for staging.

animation: 4/5 They are completely smooth and quite well done, but just like what I mentioned about the sex scenes, there are very few of them.

sound: Unfortunately, like in many games, there are dull moments.

gameplay: 4/5 There are enough choices with consequences.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

DeFuZe

Just found out about this this morning totally by accident on another obscure game's Discord (won't name it but it rhymes with lemon.... but I'll stay on topic :p) and got to say I was quite impressed. Very sweet VN, love the high quality renders, the humor, quite interesting characters especially your friend is a total bro so far very likeable.

Each girls are quite good too but I got to say Alyssa is my favorite even though it seems like she is the one that will take a while to develop intimately I suppose I should be happy with holding hands scene from the photoshot for now and maybe in the 4th episode we will finally get a hug from her (I know such a degenerate behavior). All jokes aside there are other good and interesting LIs there for each taste.

The pacing is good, seems like the story progress goes fairly quickly without wasting time or unnecessary filler which is always welcome, the music choices are also great, jokes on points, also the little effects enhance them. Overall the quality is on point.

I also liked that early story branch for the upcoming career focus Sport/Music and I was quite surprised to see different scenes and on my both save files. I hope the the dev manages to develop both paths without being overwhelmed.

To end the review I can say I was quite impressed by this and seeing it coming out on Steam is also a great plus. Added it to my wishlist and will definitely get it once it releases. Wish the dev all the best luck with this project and hope to see this little gem finished because it has a very good potential.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

Traevelliath

Honestly, this game's story is a mess to a point where you hardly even comprehend what and why is happening.
    Intro feels jagged af:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Episodes this game let you be the witness of feel just as disjointed.
    Characters are not being consistent in their personality so you are not able to relate to what they are trying to be.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

nice visuals tho, overall a waste of time in current state imo.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

BrianMullenFan

Easily one of the best new games on this site. If the developer continues at this rate, I am confident this game will grow quickly. The writing is good and all the girls look so unique than other games. The big thing though is that they also look real. The girls, the clothes, the environment, the situation etc. Also, the dev is trying new and interesting things with the renders and animations, which sets this one apart. Can't wait to see more.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

CheetoInChief

For three chapters, this seemed a little short, but I enjoyed what was there. The renders are all made well, the writing is pretty good, and all the LI's are interesting. They all play into a typical troupe, but there's a reason why it's so common, it works. I think everything could be written with a bit more depth, as it is, conversations feel too short and lack depth. There was also some weird conversations around the coach not starting the MC, that I feel could use a rewrite. It's not made clear what exactly the coach is saying, and it feels abrupt from the scene before it. Also the coach basically saying he was wrong, after a single exhibition game, was weird.

I definitely look forward to seeing what else is in store for this game, and hopefully with the Steam release, updates become a bit meatier. I feel like the entire story could use a touch up though, giving more dialogue and depth to the characters. There's just not enough here to really hook you in, and feels more like a rush through a crowded theme park. You enjoy your time, but there's just not enough time spent to enrich the experience.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Prokopije

Based on 0.3.1
    So far, very good game, indeed. Maybe not the most original premise, but writing is pretty decent, story is easy going, as good schnapps. MC is not brainless hormon overpumed creep who's every second thought is -ooo, boobz, what an booty, I'd bang that, I'd desecrate this...
    Renders are good, there are plenty of nice looking female NPC's - for all tastes.
    At the moment, there is not much of sex content, but most importantly, none of it is forced, so player have freedom to choose with whom to hook-up MC.
    There are mini-games, but it's not pain in the ass and it's easy doable.
    Would recommend to others.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Éama

The narrative style in Westview Academy is somewhat unorthodox. It almost feels a little episodic because you are always jumping to certain interactions between the protagonists. As a result, I didn't always find it easy to tell who was a real LI and which characters were just driving the plot forward.

The teacher for instance? Honestly not sure. Is Mary a LI? Or Kiara? I couldn't tell you by just playing the game. You could argue that makes it more real since in real life you always have to act based on limited information about your surroundings and about people you just met. But it also feels a bit imprecise and makes you wonder whether you closed a potential LI path in favor of a random character. It's not bothering me that much but I noticed.

On the other hand, I really like the division into a music and a sports main path. I don't know where this will lead in the end, the development is not far enough along for that, but such decisions feel as if you as a player have a lot of influence on what happens.
    Many smaller decisions, on the other hand, seem to be mainly flavour, whether I react angrily or calmly, whether I am very convinced of myself or have doubts. It remains to be seen if that has any impact whatsoever.

I would probably give Westview Academy four stars at the moment, but I'm giving it a fifth star for potential. There are many conflicts and issues that are only hinted at so far and I think as the plot progresses, some of them will intermingle and create an exciting overall picture.

The mini-games that the game has are entertaining and not annoying, so I would recommend everyone to leave them activated. If necessary, you can always rewind and try again.