Beedge144

Jun 2, 2017
Is anyone else having problems trying to complete the Recipe ?
I pick up the Moonberries, but they disappear from my backpack when I get back to Rose :-(

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I pick up the Moonberries, but they disappear from my backpack when I get back to Rose :-(

That shouldn't happen, though. I usually collect them first and I've never seen this bug before. You mean you collect the moonberries, then come back to Rose BEFORE getting the rest of ingredients, and the moonberries dissapear from your bag, thus avoiding you to complete the quest?

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
How is that possible? The game already has a separate in-game walkthrough.
And anyway, my point was that you could skip the "think" part and just have the MC play out the same scene, as in what he has to do next is plainly stated the same way it was stated with the think scene.

I must be remembering it wrong cause I thought you could only to it in the afternoon.
At the time I hadn't done the hints in the crystal ball, and besides, not everybody uses hints (I myself try to avoid them as much as possible) and I think the game should still have a clear structure regardless of your playstyle.

The think button should be usable during all times of the day, showing different text depending on the stage of the quest.

I think moskyx was absolutely right about this being helpful when you're doing several quests at the same time. In 0.4, for example, you will be able to do the Main Story, Holly's, and Myrtle's quests simultaneously (if you're a new player), and having three 'think' quests in different locations should help remind you what you're supposed to do.

Visiting Rose after collecting the Moonberries shouldn't remove them from your bag. I just tried it, and couldn't replicate this issue. Could you tell me what device you're playing on and whether you're using the original game or not?

Reactions: johnelros

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
You know, I always took the in-game walkthrough tools for granted, but it's nice that we have a portable tool that tells us what to do in a non-vague manner. Many games get this so wrong, they either give no help at all and you are stuck in forums, or give some vague ass help like it's a fucking puzzle game.

People just want to masturbate. That is literally the point of these games. I really like the fact that this game does not shy away from what it is, it's not a pretentious game. And the thing is, the fact that it isn't trying to be anything more than what it is allows its dialogue and other game-y aspects of it to shine more.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
At the time I hadn't done the hints in the crystal ball, and besides, not everybody uses hints (I myself try to avoid them as much as possible) and I think the game should still have a clear structure regardless of your playstyle.

The think button should be usable during all times of the day, showing different text depending on the stage of the quest.
So basically the 'think' mechanic is there to function as a 'hint' for significant mission objectives ? I believe the 'hints' system by itself is a bit misnamed, since it contains quest objectives for the most part. You could retool it a bit and add an additional step in that menu for things that are actual hints providing information that we haven't seen through in-game text/conversation, so players can keep track of objectives, but still get additional help if they need to.

The general idea is that instead of having to go through an arbitrary mechanic to solve a problem, it would make sense to start 'thinking' about the solution the moment you encounter the problem, eliminating the need for a separate trigger. Next 'think' steps also can be triggered immediately upon the end of the previous step. As I recall the 'think' part of the quest is generally just MC's thoughts so it doesn't even make sense to be location locked and it's only done so, because you can have competing 'think' quests.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
So basically the 'think' mechanic is there to function as a 'hint' for significant mission objectives ? I believe the 'hints' system by itself is a bit misnamed, since it contains quest objectives for the most part. You could retool it a bit and add an additional step in that menu for things that are actual hints providing information that we haven't seen through in-game text/conversation, so players can keep track of objectives, but still get additional help if they need to.

The general idea is that instead of having to go through an arbitrary mechanic to solve a problem, it would make sense to start 'thinking' about the solution the moment you encounter the problem, eliminating the need for a separate trigger. Next 'think' steps also can be triggered immediately upon the end of the previous step. As I recall the 'think' part of the quest is generally just MC's thoughts so it doesn't even make sense to be location locked and it's only done so, because you can have competing 'think' quests.
The problem with 'thinking' in the very exact moment you finish the last 'fail' option is that you might want to go somewhere else because you're doing a couple of quests simultaneously, and then maybe you just forget what you were told to do. So when you come back to that quest you'll need to take a look at the hints system or whatever mechanism that would need to be implemented. The way it's designed right now, you think a solution only when you want to follow that quest.

Last edited:
Reactions: magicnuts

Beedge144

Jun 2, 2017

I think moskyx was absolutely right about this being helpful when you're doing several quests at the same time. In 0.4, for example, you will be able to do the Main Story, Holly's, and Myrtle's quests simultaneously (if you're a new player), and having three 'think' quests in different locations should help remind you what you're supposed to do.

Visiting Rose after collecting the Moonberries shouldn't remove them from your bag. I just tried it, and couldn't replicate this issue. Could you tell me what device you're playing on and whether you're using the original game or not?
I'm on win10-64bit, and the game was downloaded using the Nopy link from the first post on this thread.
It was only by re-reading the recipe, after visiting rose, and being told that I didn't have all of the ingredients that I actually got the moonberries to remain in my inventory.
I'd had the salt and pepper, log and bunny without any problems.
By re-reading the other ingredients had been removed from the list until only moonberries were left to collect.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
The problem with 'thinking' in the very exact moment you finish the last 'fail' option is that you might want to go somewhere else because you're doing a couple of quests simultaneously, and then maybe you just forget what you were told to do. So when you come back to that quest you'll need to take a look at the hints system or whatever mechanism that would need to be implemented. The way it's designed right now, you think a solution only when you want to follow that quest.

I expected there would be some complicated situations, which is why I suggested that the 'hints' system can be changed to 'mission objectives' instead, where you can keep track of information you've actually received, something like a journal. Additional hints can still be part of it, albeit with an added click or something.

Feb 24, 2020
I like this game. The art and the silly setting remembers me games like Dragon's Lair and King's Quest.

I hope the game adds a quest log or something since it's easy to forget what you're after when you have too many choices.

Of all the games I saw, when talking about indie "hentai" game, this is the most promising. Almost two decades playing H games, mostly VNs.

ricksoaz

Feb 6, 2018
Agreed one of the best games out there. The art really damn good but my favorite feature by far is the hint system, I wish more games had this.

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Waiting for new versions requires so much patience but it's also super exciting to think about what could come next. As far as I remember Myrtle should come next with her character quest which is awesome of course.

Oh by the way, congrats for 4k+ monthly revenue. Keep up the great work, MagicNuts!

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
We're generally happy with the way the 'think' mechanic works, for the reasons I gave earlier, and also because of what moskyx pointed out. That doesn't mean that we don't want to experiment and come up with new game mechanics, though.

About a quest log, maybe in the future, if it's necessary. But I doubt it since we do want to keep it simple. For example, our quests are linear within a character's story: you finish one quest and then go for the next, rather than doing them simultaneously.

Oblituarius

Jan 21, 2020
I'm in love with the game! The story seems to be well written so far and I find it engaging and always looking forward to what could happen. Looking forward for the next updates. You've done an awesome jobs so far magicnuts.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes