What DAZ assets are you growing tired of seeing in adult games/VNs?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
This topic...
It's always the same, people are using stuff thats easily available and don't care to do some customization...
Yeah, I get it, it's work and it's not always easy, but come on, it's not like you have much pressure before you release your game.

There are so many people not even trying to customize anything and it's getting worse with almost every new Daz game that pops up. Same characters, same buildings, same environments.
It's so easy to move some furniture here and there to make a house at least look a bit different. Move a few slider to make a character unique... The first thing I did when I started working on BM was making sure that the "home" doesn't look like home 23 in game xy. Sure I'm using some assets other people use too, but thats simply because I can't do everything myself.
Come on guys, at least try to make something unique!

Thumbs up to every dev who actually does some customization.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
This topic...
It's always the same, people are using stuff thats easily available and don't care to do some customization...
Yeah, I get it, it's work and it's not always easy, but come on, it's not like you have much pressure before you release your game.

There are so many people not even trying to customize anything and it's getting worse with almost every new Daz game that pops up. Same characters, same buildings, same environments.
It's so easy to move some furniture here and there to make a house at least look a bit different. Move a few slider to make a character unique... The first thing I did when I started working on BM was making sure that the "home" doesn't look like home 23 in game xy. Sure I'm using some assets other people use too, but thats simply because I can't do everything myself.
Come on guys, at least try to make something unique!

Thumbs up to every dev who actually does some customization.
Since the second chapter of my VN, I m using a house that has recently become quite popular in other VNs.
The second chapter is still under development, but in the meantime several VNs have appeared that use the same house.
I chose the house before I saw it in other VNs, which appeared later, but they have a faster development.
But I've done quite a lot of customization in many rooms from the beginning. However, some rooms are recognizable at first glance, some are hard to recognize, because I removed parts of the walls somewhere and added some other walls, changed some textures etc..
Two examples:
Dining room, quite recognizable.

1.jpg

Bedroom, hard to recognize.
2.jpg

I do some customization, but it's mainly a hobby and I don't have time to design everything from scratch.

Last edited:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Since the second chapter of my VN, I m using a house that has recently become quite popular in otherl VN.
The second chapter is still under development, but in the meantime several VNs have appeared that use the same house.
I chose the house before I saw it in other VNs, which appeared later, but they have a faster development.
But I've done quite a lot of customization in many rooms from the beginning. However, some rooms are recognizable at first glance, some are hard to recognize, because I removed parts of the walls somewhere and added some other walls, changed some textures etc..
Two examples:
Dining room, quite recognizable.

View attachment 663777

Bedroom, hard to recognize.
View attachment 663778

I do some customization, but it's mainly a hobby and I don't have time to design everything from scratch.
That's what I mean, you don't have to build everything from scratch, change a few things here and there and a well known room can become unrecognizable. It's not that it's hard to do, one just has to do it, like you did (y)

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
That's what I mean, you don't have to build everything from scratch, change a few things here and there and a well known room can become unrecognizable. It's not that it's hard to do, one just has to do it, like you did (y)
Yeah, but I still have a bad feeling that the house is being used a lot, which I didn't expect when I picked it up.
If I had known, I would have chosen other chairs for the dining room, for example, because the original ones are very recognizable, although I changed the shader.
But in the bedroom, for example, I merged the two rooms into one because the originals were too small, and I replaced almost all the furniture and most of the textures.
I've changed most of the textures and some of the props in the bathrooms, so I hope that although a few other developers use the same house, players won't feel like they see the same thing as in other VNs.

Reactions: recreation

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
1. that stroke victim wink expression with tongue out. doesn't look 'horny' but retarded.
2. voss hair
3. that grey shirt for men from laid back outfit

I'm not that bothered by common rooms etc, but I wouldn't mind if I never saw the college dorm room (the one with wooden bed and checkered blanket) again. it's just so ugly, I hate it so much. if we can't have nice things, can we at least aim for mediocre?

a ton of female clothes drive me insane with how stupid they look (like 99% of ones that have holes), and almost no hair styles would be used by any woman on the planet because they look hideous. but there are no recurring ones really. always different, always tacky. it's just that the modelers generally seem to have no idea of what they're modeling. hell, they don't even know the names of the clothes in general.

but that's neither here nor there, It's not in the realm that most of us can affect. I make most of my own props, but modeling clothes is stupidly hard. it's just an issue that pains me and I'd wish we'd one day see an improvement on. less whore clothes and more stuff people might actually wear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Salami Pasta

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Yeah, but I still have a bad feeling that the house is being used a lot, which I didn't expect when I picked it up.
If I had known, I would have chosen other chairs for the dining room, for example, because the original ones are very recognizable, although I changed the shader.
But in the bedroom, for example, I merged the two rooms into one because the originals were too small, and I replaced almost all the furniture and most of the textures.
I've changed most of the textures and some of the props in the bathrooms, so I hope that although a few other developers use the same house, players won't feel like they see the same thing as in other VNs.
I agree with recreation, it's fine to use the same base assets as 100 other games out there as long as you customize it a bit so it looks at least a bit unique. That's kind of the whole point of using Daz.

It doesn't have to be completely different. As long as you swap out some of the props for different ones, move a few things around, etc it's fine and this is easier to do for backgrounds and items than it is for people. Same principle applies for the characters though, just do some tweaks around the edges to make a character look a little different and IMO you're fine.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
At this point, it's easier to determine which assets aren't overused. It's quite refreshing when we see an unfamiliar model or one with enough morphs and modifications to make it unique.

Reactions: Wesley Silva

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Retexturing things in Daz is not really all that difficult. Most furniture assets are separate from the rooms they come in, so you can always add and remove stuff from other sets to make it unique. You really only have to do this one time, and then save it. Brand new environment that is unique.

I don't expect it from games, but it's always a plus. Same goes for characters.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Retexturing things in Daz is not really all that difficult. Most furniture assets are separate from the rooms they come in, so you can always add and remove stuff from other sets to make it unique. You really only have to do this one time, and then save it. Brand new environment that is unique.

Great customization of that room. Personally, I prefer a little less gloss on the floor but the rest of the room looks very cozy and natural.

GrabberWalkie

Jul 9, 2020
I normally don't care much about DAZ or not-DAZ assets, but sometimes it does get annoying when every game has DAZ characters, all of whom are bombshells of one kind or another. I mean, sure, it's all fantasy, but having real-life looking characters for a change would have been nice.

Reactions: Wesley Silva
Sep 1, 2020

Wow! You did an amazing job transforming that room! I absolutely LOVE your version.
The original version is pretty cold and sterile for my tastes, but your changes really warm it up and give it some vibrant textures!

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
The girl from Dating my Daughter. I never thought she was that attractive to begin with, but then everybody shoved her into their games. I don't really mind seeing reused environments, I actually find it kind of fun to go "oh, look, it's that park from game x" but with characters I really appreciate seeing new faces.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
The girl from Dating my Daughter. I never thought she was that attractive to begin with, but then everybody shoved her into their games. I don't really mind seeing reused environments, I actually find it kind of fun to go "oh, look, it's that park from game x" but with characters I really appreciate seeing new faces.
For most environments it's not really ow there is X from game Y, but it's the park used in every single game. Or the highschool building, or the clothing shop, etc. I don't mind seeing some of the environment stuff reused here and there, but for some environments it litterly feels there's one asset used.

Salami Pasta

Apr 4, 2020
For most environments it's not really ow there is X from game Y, but it's the park used in every single game. Or the highschool building, or the clothing shop, etc. I don't mind seeing some of the environment stuff reused here and there, but for some environments it litterly feels there's one asset used.
That's cuz there aren't that many assets that can be a drop-in replacement. So most people use it.
Moving some trees around wouldn't hurt though. To freshen things up a tad.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
My understanding is that Poser, for various reasons, is less "accessible" to devs and there are consequently fewer adult mods for it. Honey Select is fine as far as it goes, but high end DAZ work blows it away. Custom scratch built models in Blender, Maya/StudioMax, etc. are awesome but are going to be wildly inconsistent in quality between devs and games. Expecting a dev to be 3d savvy enough to build and rig their own original models for an entire game(that's multiple original models), and code and write...that's a lot to ask for someone who doesn't have a studio type budget behind them.
For having a massive existing character/asset/prop/pose/morph etc library, you really can't beat DAZ right now. Maybe someday Blender might have a comparable set of assets, and then there will be someone complaining about how those look.