What do you think of the overgrowing games count?

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I don't mind doing some dumpster diving once in a while. :ROFLMAO:

Between the bunch of games promoted here people may find something they like, or something that completely disgust them and they will avoid like the plague...

In most cases the people making the games want feedback, opinions, suggestions, and new ideas. Developers sometimes will ask for input in the game thread or they will expect players to comment about what they liked or what they didn't, at the end is all about making something that will "sell" better, something that will get them more money.

But after a while I opted for not commenting on games that include kinks or fetishes I don't like; because it doesn't matter how nice the renders are, how well coded it is, or how good the grammar and spelling is if the situations and fetishes in the game are something that I find repulsive and disgusting then I would never have something good to say about the game itself, the developer team, or the people playing/supporting it.

Now I just read the game tags, description, genre, and a few comments before ignoring a game thread.
What I used to do was to jump in the thread and bash the game around going over what it sucked about the story, renders, character design, options, or the lack of options.

What made me stop doing that?
Something I had to learn the hard way is that making a game is not as simple as it sounds. Based on skills level, resources, and time available to work on a project; making a game can become a real challenge and is not something to take lightly.

Many of the developers sharing or promoting games here have worked really hard to complete even a demo version of their game and they expect a response and support from the people who is into the fetishes they based their game on. So if their game is something I will not enjoy no matter what then I just opt to stay the hell away.

Is great that the new "LATEST UPDATES" now grays out ignored game threads.
Now we can easily skip ignored games and check if the games we like have been recently updated, when new games show up I just repeat the same process; check tags, description, genre, and a few comments before deciding to ignore it or try it.

So at the end if a new game has fetishes or kinks I don't like I just move on, no need for bashing or ranting, I just ignore it.
The more options the better tho.

Reactions: SeventhVixen

Mark17

May 15, 2017
Well I'm not only one who remember when F95 was kickass torrent user/uploader for pirate LOP/Vdate/Mortze games, so we have few and the few we have are are in great quality (in my opinion) and most all are complete (everything they have is late launch patches to fix bugs) so it's great time.
Today we have more games, more ambitious games and games with more quality before. That's mean we have better games? No of course not, with this "gold age" we have today means we have more of this "fool's gold" with patreons with games unfinished, buggy and sometimes downgraded these sometimes is the case games only existed because of the patreons only wanted an easy way to gain some money

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think the more games there are the better. The more content there is out there, the more likely people will be to find just what they're looking for so the potential audience expands. The more potential customers there are out there, the more people will want to try their hand at it.

I do think there's a pretty large number of games that are fairly low quality, but I suspect that's mostly people jumping right in and trying to make their first game without really having any experience yet. There's also just the matter of a lot of these games being developed entirely by 1 person in their spare time in addition to having a full time job. So it's not like you're going to get a AAA quality game from 1 guy spending a few hours a day on it.

IMO it would be better to find a game you like and mod it for awhile first so you can get a feel for how to render a good scene, write the dialog for it, and make some bad design choices that you can learn from. That way you'll make your worst mistakes when it doesn't matter. That probably doesn't apply if your day job was working as a game developer for some game company and you just decided you want to do your own thing instead.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
In most cases the people making the games want feedback, opinions, suggestions, and new ideas. Developers sometimes will ask for input in the game thread or they will expect players to comment about what they liked or what they didn't, at the end is all about making something that will "sell" better, something that will get them more money.

But after a while I opted for not commenting on games that include kinks or fetishes I don't like; because it doesn't matter how nice the renders are, how well coded it is, or how good the grammar and spelling is if the situations and fetishes in the game are something that I find repulsive and disgusting then I would never have something good to say about the game itself, the developer team, or the people playing/supporting it.
Yep I do that as well. I figure the dev is making whatever type of game he likes so if it has stuff that I really don't like I'm not going to try and push him to change it (especially if I'm not paying for it). I just move on. I do think a lot of the devs out there need to do a better job of proof reading their dialog though. I mean I'm I tech geek, I'm not the grammar police, but your dialog shouldn't sound like it came directly out of google translate with extra spelling errors added after the fact. A few spelling mistakes here and there isn't that big of a deal but when they're everywhere it gets to where it's just annoying to try and follow.

Many of the developers sharing or promoting games here have worked really hard to complete even a demo version of their game and they expect a response and support from the people who is into the fetishes they based their game on. So if their game is something I will not enjoy no matter what then I just opt to stay the hell away.
I think it's a great sign when a dev is doing something he's not sure about and asks for feedback on it. I always comment when I see that they're actively seeking feedback even if I know it's not going to be my sort of game if I have something constructive to say. I don't bother if my only feedback would be that I can't stand fetish xyz.

Reactions: SeventhVixen

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I think it's a great sign when a dev is doing something he's not sure about and asks for feedback on it. I always comment when I see that they're actively seeking feedback even if I know it's not going to be my sort of game if I have something constructive to say. I don't bother if my only feedback would be that I can't stand fetish xyz.
There is a section in f95zone for devs to ask technical questions and find guides/tutorials, when they ask something in their game thread is almost always related to the story and kinks. or the devs ask about what the players think about character design and game mechanics.

Then again; if the game has fetishes I don't like I don't bother reading further or interacting in any way, the thread is ignored.

But if a dev dumps a new kink into a game I follow then I express my opinion and don't stop based on if people would think its constructive or not, I tell them how they took a shit on their game if they did so.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
and they were making something around $50k A MONTH.
With that money not finishing a game or delivering a masterpiece in 2 years is just a fucking scam, and there should be some sort of Patreon rule/legislation to avoid these twats doing it.
Patreon isn't a store front, it's a tip jar. They don't have rules like that because that's not how it works.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
But if a dev dumps a new kink into a game I follow then I express my opinion and don't stop based on if people would think its constructive or not, I tell them how they took a shit on their game if they did so.
This one is a big pet peev of mine. If it's something relatively mainstream, not a big deal but if he suddenly adds something completely out of place it really bugs me. Adding foot fetish stuff or something for instance I wouldn't care about. But if your game starts out and everyone has reasonably realistic proportions and nobody is pregnant, I don't want to start seeing pregnancy or any other type of large variation in body type added. So no massive boobs or giant horse dicks added mid game for instance.

Same goes for suddenly addding MM content if it wasn't there in the beginning, or futa, or anything else that is not mainstream. IMO games with that sort of stuff are more of a niche market and should focus on it from the beginning. Games that don't focus on it really shouldn't have it at all. Same type of issue with suddenly adding unavoidable NTR to a game that didn't have NTR before. Or suddenly turning the MC into a submissive when he wasn't before (yes I'm looking at you Big Brother...). That last one would be fine if it was a choice or if it was clear that the game focused on changing his personality that way but BB just dumped it on us out of the blue.

Reactions: 9thCrux