What game would you like to recommend if you ONLY have one chance?

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Artemis. Most well rounded game. Creative, charismatic, humorous, touching. Best renders and animations as well. With a stellar soundtrack to boot. Even the main menu is unique. Most AVN's use the same old format.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
It's rare to see people derive some actual meaning from any of these games. Be it AL or some dark, philosophical shit that Japanese devs like to do. Most people are stuck at the surface level. They are so hung up on the fire that they ignore or block out the message of hope and healing that follows. I don't even particularly like vanilla romance, but even I felt the ending of AL to be very moving. The music, the visuals of standing by the tree looking into the sunset while holding hands with what's her name, and the story that lead up to this moment... life goes on, you know?
AL was an astonishingly good story, I wish there were more like it, though perhaps with a bit less of a gut punch. I used to be a regular on a discord that hated any mention of AL because they couldn't get past the fire bit. I became the guy with a burning fetish to them because they simply couldn't understand or appreciate a well written story.

Reactions: desmosome

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Haha, not at all.
Quite on the contrary.

The game may send you into the depths, but I don't think it's dark at all.
I think it's actually one of the most positive and inspirational games I've seen.*
Because it does what it does not just for effect. But to make a point
And that point is all about embracing and enhancing life.
Oh I agree, but my statement was more based on humor than anything else, but I do stand by it. If we are going to recommend a single game I would assume that the recommendation was for someone who never plays adult VNs. And, though it is probably in my top five favorite VNs of all time, I can't think of a worse one to start off on if I had never played through one before. I honestly don't think I would have continued to explore VNs if that had been my first VN ever.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
chess. it's female protagonist and femdom game though, but there's a lot of beastiality and mating going on.

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
It would depend on who I was recommending to but it would probably come down to Eternum, Treasure of Nadia, or AWAM (but I am getting a bit frustrated at lack of progress on the latter).

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Treasures of Nadia is great, but there's such a thing as "wtf, why won't you end."

Deleted member 5954819

Beyond Tomorrow
Game Developer
Mar 31, 2023
Will you only recommend it due to your own favorability or consider its gameplay,plot,art style etc comprehensively then make your recommendation?
Hmmm. It is very difficult to choose from the large number of games, but if it has to be only one, then probably Leap of Faith.

There are two things I really like about this game...

First: It will evoke some emotions in you, and I think that even after playing the whole game, it will take a few days before you stop thinking about what you actually saw. The game has a really great story, and unless you're the type of person who has to act like a stone in front of the whole world, who has no emotions and doesn't care about anything, then it's definitely a game worth trying.

Second: The humor in this game is really something that suits my taste. At certain moments, it might not have seemed so funny, but when you really got into the game and tried to perceive what was happening there, I laughed a lot. Overall, I felt that whether it was the sad events or the fun-filled jokes, they came about naturally, and it wasn't just some developer trying to force something. I felt like I was playing something really normal, and nothing in the game bothered me.

But what I would like to mention is definitely the developer of this game. The game is finished, but even so, he is still interested in the game and is either trying to improve something or still communicating with people. While the updates were coming out, I never once saw the developer argue or claim that he couldn't work on the game because he was sick or something like that. It was easy to see that he really tries to give everything to the game and that it matters to him, and that's why I think that the result is what it really is.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Will you only recommend it due to your own favorability or consider its gameplay,plot,art style etc comprehensively then make your recommendation?
It can be tough to find such a flawless game,,I haven't find it yet,I did play some games which are worth playing again(because you find it fun,not to grind to get some extra scenes or items.),but I don't deem others will like it as well
So did you get one?
Karryn's Prison

fatki_chaddi

Oct 18, 2021
It can be tough to find such a flawless game,,I haven't find it yet,I did play some games which are worth playing again(because you find it fun,not to grind to get some extra scenes or items.),but I don't deem others will like it as well
So did you get one?

The best game according to me has to be karlssons Gambit. I have spend many hours playing it, the game has a ranking system for the MC and each rank has some yummy flavorful content that I really enjoy.

Have a go at it and play it a few times.