What games have the most polished art styles?

Demzy

Oct 23, 2017
Hey all, long time lurker here (I mean actual years)
Im just wondering what you all regard as some of the most polished games in terms of the art quality (even if they're not very polished on the technical side)
Your take may differ but to me a polished art style means appealing designs, consistent art throughout. Characters that don't go off model from shot to shot, good color that doesn't look all muddy and hard to discern (unless it seems intentional). And so on...
Immediately games like: Summertime Saga, Life in Woodchester, Dohna Dohna, and Cloud Meadow come to mind. Please share your top pics with me.
Thanks

Reactions: magrao121

ardently

Sep 19, 2019
Aurelia by Mirthal is one of my personal favorites. Some of the best pixel art and animation you'll find.
Sanguine Rose is a finished game that just released some extra content I believe.
What a Legend is the darling starchild of H-Games right now. Stellar art. Surprised it didn't make your list.
Knightly Passions is a fun romp. Also great art.
Last but certainly not least, there's Hardcoded, if you aren't put off by a futa/trans protag and think you'd enjoy some of the queer/LBGTQ flavoring

Reactions: Demzy

kristijanEX

May 25, 2020
Oddly enough, Lust is Stranger even though I'm not a fan of the female models (prefer something more thiccer), it has a very consistently good art style that is very close to the original reference game, if we got Naruto or One Piece games that were this faithful to the original source material, we'd be on cloud 9.

Also it's a very well optimized game, so despite being a very good looking 3d game where you actually control the players' movement, you can play it on a crap 7 year old laptop like me.

Feb 26, 2022
As mentioned above. City of Broken Dreamers makes you think you're watching a movie in UHD with a an amazing film score accompanying it.