What is the rendering software using in max's life game?

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
I like to know, what is rendering software in max's life game.

That's almost certainly HoneySelect.

Same as games like The Headmaster and Pale Carnations.

In the right hands (and with the right mods), it can create some very impressive images. For the rest of us, it's merely mediocre. Whilst it's much easier to create BAD scenes with Daz3d - it's also possible to create much more impressive scenes with Daz3D too. So if you're good with Daz3D and have a photographer's eye - Daz is the better choice... if not, Honey Select is the path of least resistance.

There's also Honey Select 2 - but as far as I'm aware, it isn't as widely used for games, since Honey Select has a much larger set of mods. (or at least, that's my assumption).

I also *think* there's some T&Cs type stuff that means people aren't supposed to use Honey Select to create other games (or at least seek the studio's permission or something). Plus if I recall correctly, the images have digital watermarks so the studio can in theory chase infringers. Since I've never tried to use Honey Select, I've not looking into the details - which have been
repeatedly discussed here on the F95 forums in the past.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Jhon99x

Jhon99x

Apr 18, 2018
That's almost certainly HoneySelect.

Same as games like The Headmaster and Pale Carnations.

In the right hands (and with the right mods), it can create some very impression images. For the rest of us, it's merely mediocre. Whilst it's much easier to create BAD scenes with Daz3d - it's also possible to create much more impressive scenes with Daz3D too. So if you're good with Daz3D and have a photographer's eye - Daz is the better choice... if not, Honey Select is the path of least resistance.

There's also Honey Select 2 - but as far as I'm aware, it isn't as widely used for games, since Honey Select has a much larger set of mods. (or at least, that's my assumption).
Thank you

Reactions: 79flavors