What kind of engine do you prefer? [Poll]

What kind of engine do you prefer?

• Total voters

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
From a playing standpoint, Renpy and Unity, secondarily RPGM. It seems like Ren'py has a low bar to entry for new devs, which is great, and Unity has broader capabilities for those with some coding experience.

Oct 26, 2017
Ren'py as modern RPG Maker versions unfortunately are rife with Node.js bloat.
Which is sad as the engine was also made as user-friendly as possible.

Unless you want to waste tons of disk space on redundant dependencies (or use the web version), that... is overkill.

Unity isn't an option for me unless it goes easy on the rendering. Need a better cooling setup before I run that kind of crap, and my hardware is pretty robust - just not robust enough on the cooling so extensive rendering and shading makes it go hornier than your average bimbo.

(Bimbos don't blackscreen though.)

Carrera

Jun 25, 2017
6.2L Hellcat Redeye V8 that's in my Charger....

Oh you mean games, depends on the game and how interesting it is.

Lately I tend to pay more attention to HTML/Twine games, unless their UI is fucking horrible.

I have a huge collection of QSP games,,, unless their UI is fucking horrible. (IE meaning you have to click in 3 different sections of the screen to move instead of just listing all the important commands at the bottom like GLife and binding them to the number keys for ease of use)

Many years ago I had it in my head that if it was a RAGs game it would be good, and most of the RAGs games I played were good, but holy hell that engine was/is dogcrap. Hive International I think it was called, been to many years and Cursed were my favorites.

The only Java game I'm aware of is uhh,, hell I already forgot the name of it. You get changed into a chick then move to another town. No pics or anything, so Java is right on out.

The only Unity game I can play with success is Rimworld, I think it's programmed in Unity. The rest tend to crash, a LOT.

I'm Ok with RPGmaker games as long as they're interesting, I'll even grind in those games if it actually means something like A Struggle with Sin.

Now back to the good stuff, my favorite car I've ever owned and the very first one I bought outright was my 2007 Magnum, 400HP grocery getter wagon. I loved that car.