What otherwise minor detail ruins a game for you?

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
what will make you cringe in a game that otherwise hits all your sweet spots?
not talking about anything major like "this game is for gay cuck furries" or the game being a walking simulator made in rpgmaker

for me its "mc is a teenage (ex) junkie" iv seen 2 or 3 of those on here that otherwise seem good but for some reason i just go "nope, fuck that shit" whats your minor inconvinience?

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Well not really 'fuck this shit' but more a I'm going to skip to the lewd parts: everyone having no personality outside of being a horny guy or a cock driving slut. It's not really a minor detail, but it's honestly the main one for me.

And grinding. Don't care if the game is brilliant all around it, grinding the same event over and over to unlock new rewards just suck.

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Misuse of breath when they mean breathe and vice versa, and not knowing "they are" is contracted to "they're" bring sentences to a crashing halt as my brain tries to parse the writers garbage for me.

Reactions: DeMarcus16 and Synx

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Misuse of breath when they mean breathe and vice versa, and not knowing "they are" is contracted to "they're" bring sentences to a crashing halt as my brain tries to parse the writers garbage for me.
Ow yeah this as well. My English is far from perfect, but some of the writing in certain games is absurdly bad. Like I'm sure you would get better results just throwing your whole story in your native language in Google translate.

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
Virgin or weak MC.

Not saying my guy has to have Johnny Sins type numbers or look like Duke Nukem or anything...

But the stereotypical indecisive or whiny MC that reminds me of a Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion type character is an immediate immersion breaker for me..

1574910890516.png

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
Not sure they're minor things.....but for me two things can definitely ruin games with potential
1 grind: clicking a lot is not playing a game it's just wasting time and frankly imo just poor and lazy game design. Yeah let's make the player click a lot to waste time and hide the fact the content is very limited.
I cannot stand games like 4 element trainer or witch trainer.....nice art but boring, with too little visual content and just hours of repetitive actions and silly dialogues. Yawn.

2 lack of content. An H game without sex is, let's face it, just a poor imitation of much better mainstream games. I'd rather play those.

An example of this are many rpg maker games. Hours of playing a poor man's version of Final Fantasy to occasionally see one nice picture. Thanks but no thanks.
On this topic some of those have a good story and art......but yeah, can't be bothered with all the silly running around and boring battles.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Everyone talking the same. Having people with close ties like best friends have similar jargon or family members showing traditions in word usage is fine. However when you meet random person x and they talk exactly like the MC or other known characters it shows the writer never thought about these characters to give them anything.

Lengthy conversations being had with someone while another is going down on them. 1st: shouldn't talk with a full mouth, 2nd: mouth is in use, finish what you started or at least calm down the need to tell a 20 step plan while doing it.

Extreme amount of prose. I love Shakespeare and Chaucer, but do not want to read 3 whole pages of text to describe the MC waking up.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
3 things instantly put me off.

Peeping. It's creepy, creepy isn't a turn on.

"Sleep sex" .... or rape as it's more commonly known.

That shitty scene where creeper MC stares at a pair of tits and has that weird internal monologue and can't hear the conversation going on.

In essence it all boils down to 1 thing, creeper MC's.

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
That shitty scene where creeper MC stares at a pair of tits and has that weird internal monologue and can't hear the conversation going on.
Depending on age, the pair and the situation... that may be a realistic depiction of a male reaction. :D

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
Engrish. Like I get it, you're not a native speaker but get someone that is to go through and correct shit.

Reactions: riktor

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
what will make you cringe in a game that otherwise hits all your sweet spots?
not talking about anything major like "this game is for gay cuck furries" or the game being a walking simulator made in rpgmaker

for me its "mc is a teenage (ex) junkie" iv seen 2 or 3 of those on here that otherwise seem good but for some reason i just go "nope, fuck that shit" whats your minor inconvinience?
Being forced to carry the because the dev wants a particular narrative no matter how against genre / truly stupid people would have to be to get there from where you are currently standing.