What otherwise minor detail ruins a game for you?

Pippope

Jan 24, 2019
If op has asking only about erotic games, then there are a lot of crap that makes you to quit a game.
Yes, as people have already mentioned, excessive slutiness of characters (not only main), grind, MC-magnet for cocks/cunts etecetera etecetera etecetera.
But all of that are common problems. My personall foe in erotic games (good erotic games) - random sex events. I've perfectly recalling the moment, when I dropped Yumi Miru Kusure. Basically, it's happening at the beginning hour or so.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And this game isn't someone's first try on Ren'py. It's quite a big game.
I think I'm not only one, who hate this useless fanservice.

Reactions: ParadiseLofts

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
If op has asking only about erotic games, then there are a lot of crap that makes you to quit a game.
Yes, as people have already mentioned, excessive slutiness of characters (not only main), grind, MC-magnet for cocks/cunts etecetera etecetera etecetera.
But all of that are common problems. My personall foe in erotic games (good erotic games) - random sex events. I've perfectly recalling the moment, when I dropped Yumi Miru Kusure. Basically, it's happening at the beginning hour or so.
And this game isn't someone's first try on Ren'py. It's quite a big game.
I think I'm not only one, who hate this useless fanservice.
As to your spoiler, that just sounds like lazy coding. There's a million ways to Sunday they could probably make that work. Thing is, if it doesn't bother players, why code it, eh? I'm the same way as you. I like it to feel cohesive. I guess the interactions don't have to be 'authentic' but they should be remembered, and flow into the game for me to stay engaged.

Pippope

Jan 24, 2019
As to your spoiler, that just sounds like lazy coding. There's a million ways to Sunday they could probably make that work. Thing is, if it doesn't bother players, why code it, eh? I'm the same way as you. I like it to feel cohesive. I guess the interactions don't have to be 'authentic' but they should be remembered, and flow into the game for me to stay engaged.
Yeah, there are a lot of games where writter is fully responsible for this mess. But here I clearly imagine like someone said:
"Guys, you know, our introduction sequence lasts far more then hour! Our audience will loose their interest! How can we solve this situation?
-Maybe we should to shorten it?
-Maybe we should to add more efectless choises to make players feel involvement?
-Naah, let's just shove some fanservice for this jerks in the middle of introduction. They will totally eat this crap!"

Sorry for being offensive for someone, but this is my POV.

I've also recalled a similar moment with random sex in a big game. Couldn't remember the name of this shit, sorry.

I sorry again, but I can't see it in another way - it's just a method to attract attention of their "main purchasers".
At these moments I feel like someone has drawing their genitals in the middle of a phrase and starting to shake them in my face.