What should i pay attention to if i plan to build a pc for rendering?

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Also doch wieder LG oder Samsung. Der HP hört sich zwar gut an, aber meiner Meinung nach viel zu teuer. Da ist der LG was Preis Leistung angeht Meilen besser.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ich glaube ich hole mir einen gebrauchten LG mit Restgarantie
vom samsung würd ich die finger lassen. die kurze reaktionszeit allein ist kein kaufgrund. hab selbst nen monitor von AOC für 100 euro damals geholt. fullhd und 1ms und gott ist das teil eig. grütze. einzig der bildschirm taugt was, alles andre ist abfall. boxen durfte ich noch nachkaufen da die integrierten mist sind. was man nicht alles mitmachen muss wenns geld knapp is x(.

gute idee also den LG zu holen.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Das ist doch der einzige Grund warum man ein Bildschirm kauft oder nicht? :LOL:
hahaha. ja und nein ^^. kommt einfach drauf an für was man den monitor nutzt. der ist echt rein fürs gamen und mehr nicht. man ermüdet auch schnell wenn man zu lange reinschaut.

D

Deleted member 207364

Hey guys, tgwould you please write a translated version of the text you post that isn't english? After all, it is an english forum ;)

What's the current situation @cnwolf? It's been a while so I'm not sure if you've already built the pc.

About monitors, you should go for an IPS (Preferably) or PLS panel. The color accuracy is a billion times better than TN, this is kinda important when creating art. Refresh rate doesn't matter as long as it's at least 60Hz because the pc is mostly for rendering, not gaming.

The last pc build link you shared had an i5 9400F (unless I missed an updated one) or something like that, this is good because the cpu doesn't help very much when rendering compared to a gpu, specially in DAZ. It might be a good idea to get a mid range ryzen CPU such as the r5 2600. That way you could upgrade to a better cpu without buying a new motherboard once the 3000 series releases later this year if you need an upgrade down the line.

Saw some dude say that amd cpus overheat and they always need a new beefy cooler. Not sure if joking but it's wrong. Temperatures obviously vary depending on what you're doing, case, fans as well as ambient temperature. That being said it should be around 75c which is not bad at all for a cooler included in the box. It's far from too hot.

It's surprisingly hard to find proper r5 2600 reviews but here's a good one.
(starts talking about temps around 13 min mark)

If you're gonna take anything from this post it should be to go for an IPS or PLS panel on your monitor and that looking up benchmarks and reviews on every component you buy as well as comparing them to similar components is the best thing you can do when building a new pc.

cnwolf

Jan 1, 2018
Hey guys, tgwould you please write a translated version of the text you post that isn't english? After all, it is an english forum ;)
You're right, at first i wanted to add an english translation to every post, but we just talked about monitors and came exactly like you to this^^ :
About monitors, you should go for an IPS (Preferably) or PLS panel. The color accuracy is a billion times better than TN, this is kinda important when creating art. Refresh rate doesn't matter as long as it's at least 60Hz because the pc is mostly for rendering, not gaming.
The current list is: , cpu would be the i7 9700k, i thought that it would make more sense to invest once in the cpu, than upgrading it later. (If i work with other programs like photoshop, i'm sure it will help)

I will probably buy an LG 27UD58, its the best price-perfomance IPS monitor, that i could find

cnwolf

Jan 1, 2018
Ehm any of you guys know where i can find the save files for all the renpy games? Google said its in the appdata folder but i dont even have an appdata folder

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Ehm any of you guys know where i can find the save files for all the renpy games? Google said its in the appdata folder but i dont even have an appdata folder
Yes you do, assuming you have Windows. It is a hidden folder so you first have to Unhide all hidden folders then you'll see it in your User directory.

D

Deleted member 207364

They're in AppData\Roaming\RenPy

Type %Appdata% in the start menu search then just go to the renpy folder

Reactions: cnwolf

cnwolf

Jan 1, 2018
Can someone tell me if my rendering takes too long? (rtx 2080ti, i7 9700k)
I did the first tutorial on Daz3D and rendered the scene but it took me 40 minutes. There is just one character, i mean the background is quite detailed but still, is 40 minutes not too long? Scene is 1080p

D

Deleted member 207364

Can someone tell me if my rendering takes too long? (rtx 2080ti, i7 9700k)
I did the first tutorial on Daz3D and rendered the scene but it took me 40 minutes. There is just one character, i mean the background is quite detailed but still, is 40 minutes not too long? Scene is 1080p
I think your gpu is not being used, check your render settings. If your gpu is turned on in daz3d and/or there is no option to turn it on then you need the latest daz3d beta in order to use rtx gpus for rendering.

cnwolf

Jan 1, 2018
I think your gpu is not being used, check your render settings. If your gpu is turned on in daz3d and/or there is no option to turn it on then you need the latest daz3d beta in order to use rtx gpus for rendering.
Yes you were right, when i turn the CPU off, the render doesn't even start. The GPU render was on, but still it didnt work. Is there a reason why? Did some google search but people only had this problem if the memory was too small.

Should i download the Daz Studio Pro Beta - Version 4.11.0.335, do you think that would help?
Edit: i downloaded it but somehow can't install it, the install manager installs everything but the DAZ Studio. So its still 4.10

Last edited:

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I can't help you regarding installing the 4.11 Beta as I haven't tried it yet. But I do know that it is required if you have a RTX card, which you do.

cnwolf

Jan 1, 2018
Problem solved, thanks to both of you (y)
I had to edit the filter system in the daz install manager to even show the Beta Version to install. It works now :D

Took me the scene from 40 Minutes to under 3 minutes.

My hopes to create many quality scenes almost crashed lol. I really thought if i had to render a scene, move her arm and render it again it would take me 80 minutes for just two pics. Btw are there any tricks do to something like that, so i dont have to render the whole scene again?

D

Deleted member 207364

Problem solved, thanks to both of you (y)
I had to edit the filter system in the daz install manager to even show the Beta Version to install. It works now :D

Took me the scene from 40 Minutes to under 3 minutes.

My hopes to create many quality scenes almost crashed lol. I really thought if i had to render a scene, move her arm and render it again it would take me 80 minutes for just two pics. Btw are there any tricks do to something like that, so i dont have to render the whole scene again?
You're welcome :)

As for not having to re-render the whole scene, you could try something like this:

1 - Set up a scene and create a camera. Use the same camera's point of view when rendering.
2 - Hide the foreground (Character or anything might change in a future render)
3 - Render the background.
4 - Hide the background.
5 - Render the foreground.
6 - Lay the foreground on top of the background in any image manipulation software, popular free ones are GIMP and Krita.

Try experimenting with the OptiX prime setting, I've read that it helps people get faster renders, though it is slower for others. Also, batch renderer might be useful to you, it renders in batches as the name suggests. It's in the daz store as well as lots of sites like this one.

Hey, maybe make a post in this thread showing us your renders sometime? ;)