What turns you off about a game almost immediately?

Aug 11, 2023
When you download a game, thinking it'll be good based on the tags/description, but there's something, or lots of things, about it that turns you off immediately & you delete it. What is it?

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
Bad writing.
Well, since most AVN Devs aren't native English speakers, I can understand some games having horrible writing. I think they should all have a proofreader or something.

For me, it's the forced stuff. Being forced to do things I don't want to do and no way of avoiding it. Lack of choices, especially if I don't see one that I like. The "Bad Ends" games... I am not trying to be repeating things just to avoid getting a game over/bad end lol.

Games where the MC has a gf/bf/wife/husband or whatever already. I am sure there are a bunch of other stuff, but these should be okay.

May 5, 2020
When you download a game, thinking it'll be good based on the tags/description, but there's something, or lots of things, about it that turns you off immediately & you delete it. What is it?
Boring plot.
Bad Lighting.
Bad Animation, but it depends by the rest of the game.
If the game is made with daz3d, abused default hair and dress (This hair-style, I hate it with every inch of my body 1691785221505.png ).
I hate them so much. Oh, I also cannot stand when every character has a doll face.

If the game is made with koikatsu, default animation are boring as hell.

Aug 11, 2023
Boring plot.
Bad Lighting.
Bad Animation, but it depends by the rest of the game.
If the game is made with daz3d, abused default hair and dress (This hair-style, I hate it with every inch of my body View attachment 2844566 ).
I hate them so much. Oh, I also cannot stand when every character has a doll face.

If the game is made with koikatsu, default animation are boring as hell.
I agree with all of these. I didn't think about that hair preset but now that you mention it, it's in most of the games I've played recently.

I just avoid koikatsu games now. I played a few great ones, but my main issue with them is that they're all kinda same-y. The characters usually end up looking alike and are posed in the most boring way possible.

FoolsBeGone

May 21, 2023
Other than my No-Go tags (NTR,Femdom, Scat etc...) there are several things within a game that get it deleted every time.
1) An Mc that is a spineless worm. - Example. His LI is into him and he equivocates and keeps saying but we shouldn't Once or twice is ok but if it continues then its a delete.
2) Game mechanic where I am forced to click on a selection box when there is only one choice. If there is no choice then don't put a selection box there to ruin immersion. Example - You are having sex and are about to cum and the dev pops up a box that says cum. No other choice like wait or anything just a single choice. Once I will excuse in a game multiple will get that game deleted quickly.
3)Forcing me as a player to choose something I can see will be a bad choice. Driving the narrative by forcing me down a preordained path without options. Necessary story paths are one thing but don't for example have a situation where the MC sees a girl in trouble and I am given no option to help her but am told that I decide to mind my own business and move on. That pisses me off quickly. You don't decide the quality of my morality and character and if your game does that then I want no part of it. I am playing to be immersed and part of that is allowing part of my own character to be a part of the MC. When you deny that I lose interest.

There are of course more but those three really irritate me and will cause immediate deletion of the game even if it is otherwise a good game.

Last edited:

Le Dude

May 20, 2017
Repetitive tasks that don't add to the plot in any way.

IMO if you want to "grind" then you play a non-adult game like an MMO or something.

These type of games are not for that sort of grinding if you catch my drift.

Like I understand maybe "leveling up" your character to gain better stats where you sort of become more attractive or your character starts to become more well rounded, but there a couple games I played where you have to grind for what feels like in-game time like weeks or even months just to get maybe one scene or feel like you walking away with blue balls.

Aug 11, 2023
1) An Mc that is a spineless worm. - Example. His LI is into him and he equivocates and keeps saying but we shouldn't Once or twice is ok but if it continues then its a delete.
Yes, this. Especially if he keeps saying "we shouldn't do this" when there's no obvious reason why they shouldn't & no explanation is given.

Reactions: FoolsBeGone

PonyWarrior

Oct 22, 2019
Applies mostly to VN style games :

1 - When the only choices available to me are either all bad, and/or what I would do logically is not an option.
2 - When a tag I was interested in is barely represented in the game, or is not explored enough and leaves me blue balled. Extremely common with sleep sex tag.
3 - When a game doesn't tag a personal deal-breaker

Things that won't make me delete a game outright but really annoy me :

1 - When you pick a choice and somehow get a game over, and the reason is completely bullshit.
2 - When the game is tagged as animated but the sex scenes aren't animated.

Most of the time if I don't like a game though, I'll just hack into the gallery to make sure there isn't anything good, then delete.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023
Shitty MC's are a huge turn-off for me. If he's the type to whine a lot, or treat his romantic interests poorly, or chooses to fight against the villains by resorting to cheap and immature means, especially if he is older, like in his 30's or 40's, and then has the audacity to act like he's doing the right, respectful thing because it's all for his love interests. That kind of hypocrisy puts me right off.

Other than that, I suppose boring storylines. Also excessive grinding. I don't mind a bit of grinding as long as I can enjoy the experience. Another one would be games that aren't really playable for whatever reason. I just quickly lose interest and stop playing them altogether, sooner or later.

That said, I really do try to finish playing what I download, if I can. I recently played a VN where the story was good, but the sex scenes at times were a turn-off. But I finished playing it and that was that. Its ending was somewhat heartwarming. I even finished playing this other game with a pretty shitty father as the MC, but this one I definitely deleted.

Passerby2010

Dec 24, 2019
To me the most disgusting thing in games is donations and offers to buy things for real money. Developers who do it are deserve to die in fire . It so annoying when you try to enjoy the game and then they keep throwing all that offers right at your face

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Several things:
  1. Writing quality
  2. grinding same shit over and over
  3. when dev suddenly throws a new tag to your face which can not be your taste ever
  4. unavoidable kinks, fetishes
  5. forced femdom, gay, vore, scat,(any forced Fetish/Kink)
  6. English Writing (DEVs PLZ do us and yourself favor and run a grammar and spelling check)
  7. TOO much dream stuff (I downloaded the game NOT to dream in the game for fuck's sake)
  8. When Dev is projecting shit instead of being honest about future tags
  9. copy paste models from other games (no versatility = no dev effort)

Last edited:

FoolsBeGone

May 21, 2023
Yes, this. Especially if he keeps saying "we shouldn't do this" when there's no obvious reason why they shouldn't & no explanation is given.
I play a lot of incest based games so I get it if a father tells his daughter that they shouldn't have sexual relations...once or maybe even twice. After that it quickly becomes annoying and then aggravating after that its over...next game please.

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
Male POV in FMC games.
More then 3 romance routs.
'Corruption' tag in FMC games (dev is virgin young hetero male tard !)

Reactions: IndraZade