What type of MC you hate the most?

I'd like to know what type of MC you hate the most?

• Total voters

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Sneaky goblin is tolerable or even fun if the writing is humorous and he embraces his pervy nature. It's literally unplayable when the game is taking itself seriously and the goblin thinks he is a functional member of society. Midnight Paradise MC is one of the cringiest I've ever seen.

The nice guy(tm) is also pretty unbearable in most cases. MC from Melody comes to mind.

Bilbael

Jan 27, 2019
If we analyse the results, does it mean you guys want to see more games with a Uncle/Father as MC?

Fonderu

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Love all the different tastes in here. I usually play 3d games and I've seen a few prominent developers actively avoid making the mc look anywhere decent. As much as I like Icstor's stuff, his MC's all look like 12 year old boys with bowl cuts. Cure My Addiction is an example of a mc that I like based on looks and personality.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
I am kind of getting sick of the whole "I just turn 19 and got mysterious powers and now can make women do what I want" cliché or trope. It is very generic with a lot of VN. I guess that would include I been away at college and now everything is different.

Reactions: Nelari

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Rich, good looking, great body and the girls want him .... and he's usually a douche.
Ok...so I looked up this term Chad. Seems to be a popular term among guys that call themselves Incels, and apparently they hate Chad.

So I'm curious. Lets say that a guy is good looking, great body, and the ladies like him, but he's not rich, and isn't a douche. Is he still a Chad? Trying to determine if it's his genetics that make him a Chad, or if it's the combination of his genetics, and his attitude.

Kyraneth

Oct 3, 2017
Chad. He's always a pathetic normie. His personality doesn't allow him to do interesting things, and when he tries it looks just hilarious.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Chad. He's always a pathetic normie. His personality doesn't allow him to do interesting things, and when he tries it looks just hilarious.
That seems a little bit cryptic, and seems to contradict what others are describing Chad as. Your description is that he's a "pathetic normie", and then basically a loser who can't do anything right.

Others describe him as rich, good looking, great body, and what I would guess to be charismatic, but also a douche bag to people that he believes are below his social level.

You just described a totally different person.

Jun 14, 2017
That seems a little bit cryptic, and seems to contradict what others are describing Chad as. Your description is that he's a "pathetic normie", and then basically a loser who can't do anything right.

Others describe him as rich, good looking, great body, and what I would guess to be charismatic, but also a douche bag to people that he believes are below his social level.

You just described a totally different person.
In Incel culture Chad is the very tip of the top, as described he's handsome, successful, gets all the ladies. This makes him a douche, regardless of his actual personality or attitude he is a douche for being born better than everybody else, so it's all about the genetics. Of course take this with a grain of salt I'm not an Incel, just fascinated by them, but I could be reading the wrong sources.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Ok...so I looked up this term Chad. Seems to be a popular term among guys that call themselves Incels, and apparently they hate Chad.

So I'm curious. Lets say that a guy is good looking, great body, and the ladies like him, but he's not rich, and isn't a douche. Is he still a Chad? Trying to determine if it's his genetics that make him a Chad, or if it's the combination of his genetics, and his attitude.
If you've played Being a D.I.K then Chad would be your typical chad, probably named to represent said named group.

Chad's don't need to be a douche or rich but they are usually at the top of the social ladder.

Some chad's certainly earn that name but some just get called it because the people saying it are jealous of his success with the opposite sex.

That would be an incel, not a chad.

Reactions: Chatterbox

Kyraneth

Oct 3, 2017
"Pathetic normie" - rather my vision of this type. They're absolutely normal by mentality. He can do everything, but some deeds aren't suit him and because of it everything looks hilarious. What's inside their head? It's just money, girls, sex, career, their image. It's too boring for me. I just can't feel empathy to this simple-minded char. When authors grant 'em some sort of deviant behavior, and by deviant I mean weird (maximum deviance for this type is simple rape, imo), or abilities this type just can't handle due to lack of intelligence (not academic suscess), they become part of great family Sue.
Chad is a generic character, he can't throw this status away, because he just neither think about it nor will he. He is fine as simple as it is.

Last edited:

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
The type I hate the most isn't really on here. The submissive loser. This usually winds up being a cuck game and is generally set up so the MC is going to be dominated no matter what he does and he's going to watch as his rival fucks every woman he cares about.
This never came to mind until you brought it up. I was going to say a typical chad like character thats so bland that water has lots of flavor in comparison to Chad is the worst but a MC that exists solely to get fucked over at every turn? Sounds like the worst MC to play considering theres no way to win the game unless the person playing the game is a masochist of some sort which is a win to them.

NuclearFire

Nov 7, 2019
The average MC that is just your normal every day dude, yet somehow the girls want him, all he is is just a way for to get fucked.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Ok...I think I have a clearer picture of what Chad is. For most it's not his genetics, but his attitude brought on by his genetics or his money. IE a typical rich young douche bag.

For Incels it's any male that they consider to be more successful than them. By their standard, any guy that can get laid at all is a Chad.

Thank you Avaron1974

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
Teenage loser and creepy grandpas. The former because of the characters themselves, the latter because of the dad-daughter games they are in. Chad (if I googled the right term) is acceptable in mom-son games. Mad scientist, post-apocalyptic warlord or evil demigod are still better. And of course a lesbian MC is always better than a male MC.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
The type I hate the most isn't really on here. The submissive loser. This usually winds up being a cuck game and is generally set up so the MC is going to be dominated no matter what he does and he's going to watch as his rival fucks every woman he cares about.
Why would you even touch a game like that if you're not into it?

I don't hate MCs designed for a genre or fetish that I'd never enjoy, no matter how well they're written. There's no point in even playing.
What I do hate are games that would potentially be right up my alley if it wasn't for the MC being shit.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Why would you even touch a game like that if you're not into it?

I don't hate MCs designed for a genre or fetish that I'd never enjoy, no matter how well they're written. There's no point in even playing.
What I do hate are games that would potentially be right up my alley if it wasn't for the MC being shit.
If it's obvious that's where it's going I don't. But I do like games where I have to "earn it" and overcome a difficult adversary. A lot of times an NTR game is set up so it looks like there might be some swinger/netori/cuckqueen content in it (which I do like) and I don't mind if the rival is going to take "my woman" if I make bad decisions. It's when I get half way through the game and I'm "playing to win" and it becomes clear that winning isn't an option, I'm going to lose no matter what. I can see why some people have been asking for more specific tags on the different types of subcategories of NTR so it would be easier to filter out the stuff you don't like because it's usually a crapshoot with the most likely type of content you'll find being either netorase or cuckhold if it has the NTR tag, both of which I don't like.

As an example, Babysitter is a game I like that has NTR in it. I strongly dislike both of the potential rivals in the game, but you can beat them so the threat of NTR enhances the game for me even though I'm not going to let it actually happen. For one of the rivals there is even a scene where you can turn the tables on him and fuck his wife in his own bedroom with the rival on the other side of the door pounding on the door while you pound away at his wife. I do like that type of scene, but unfortunately there's only 1 scene like that in the game that I know of.

So NTR is kind of a roll of the dice for me usually. I go into it knowing that there will probably be some stuff I don't like in there but hoping that there will probably ALSO be stuff I do like and that hopefully there will be options to avoid the stuff I don't like.

Reactions: DownTheDrain

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
(explanation)
Alright, that makes sense.
I generally dislike NTR (the netorare/rase kind) even as punishment for "wrong" decisions or game over scenario and don't particularly care about doing it to anyone else. If you appreciate that stuff as an artificial challenge and are into cucking rivals you'd obviously have a harder time filtering out the bad apples.

I still think it's fairly easy to avoid most "eternal loser" settings but I see your point.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
A cucked, submissive male loser and also a fucking perverted douche bag who thinks he can Dominate everyone by being the biggest asshole.