Ren'Py What would you like to see in my game?

What interests you?

• Total voters

n0Yx

Mar 23, 2019
I'm at a bit of a crossroads. i want to do basically what you suggested where you get "Bad end points" for cheating that eventually lead to a "bad end" but i also want endings with the other girls to be possible, unsure how to do both at the same time.
Maybe for the bad end points for cheating you can replace that for the main protagonist can take choices that in first place damage the relation ship with one girl and help to the relationship with another girl, and if you want add actions or choices that can piss off the other characters, in the point to make possible endings with another girls just make the main protagonist to be slave of the whole family and have to follow orders from all the other girls that are from the family with that you can have interactions with all the girls in the visual novel.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Stalker Seducer
Sep 22, 2021
Stalker Seducer: A Slave Butler's Tale.
"A searing indictment of domestic servitude in the eighteenth century, with some hot gypsies thrown in"

...Ok, keeping things simple, how about your lady goes on a trip? For example, to another noble woman's estate, a quaint village festival, or to a picturesque cottage near the seaside?

Various things can happen with this change of scenery and atmosphere, infinite possibilities.

It's called "Princess pet" it is set in the modern age but in a parallel universe with different money, countries, etc. (Mostly to avoid possible legal issues or weird inconsistencies i'm not accounting for) you are bought by mr. drake the head of the drake household at a slave auction and gifted to his youngest daughter as her "pet" the drake family are very rich and have their hands in everything from high politics to dealing drugs. but the world building and overarching story are taking a huge backseat on this one, i plan to make more story focused games in the future but this one just has a heavy focus on your relationship within the family. the youngest daughter who owns you in particular.

This game is going to be a love note to the fantasy of being a human dog for a bratty princess, pet play is the biggest fetish by far. This doujin is a lot of the inspiration for the game's setting and sex scenes.

The main gimmick is having the choice to submit to doing what she says or to resist, i was inspired by monster girl dreams and monster girl quest games where you can surrender and they will say a slightly different line before raping you. i liked the idea of having the "choice" to submit and wanted to play with it in a way a battle fuck RPG never could.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
I think i'm going to release this game in 3 stages.

stage 1, a demo of the first main act in the story.

stage 2, a mostly completed game with the main endings and story finished.

stage 3, any extra content i feel like adding after the fact.
Right, that could work but I'd suggest breaking stages 2 and 3 up in smaller updates where you:
- focus on 1 route or 2 or 3 closely related routes with the fetishes you love and the priority is on completing those first
- work on 3 or 4 routes, again with fetishes you prefer in stage 2 and the goal is to complete those first

I'm now seeing this as an issue, giving the player a ton of choices takes a lot of time on top of the alternative ideas being harder to write since they weren't in line with your original idea. i'm currently at a crossroads where the player has 7 choices on one choice prompt, while i think high variation high choice count visual novels like crimson gray are really cool i also have to be realistic with what i can produce on my limited free time. releasing a game that can be played is better then having a cool idea that nobody ever sees, two fold that for a game that has 15 routes but never gets an ending.
That's true. A dev like ebi-hime can complete several games in a year because of experience but also by limiting the amount of routes (some of their work are VNs or dating sims, others are KNs). But even a dev like Eva Kiss who makes games with a gazillion routes, and spends years on completing a game because of that, uses strategies to reduce duplication.

The nightmare scenario you want to avoid is "Time Cave".

I think a trap a lot of people fall into including myself is writers block, all of these routes wouldn't be an issue if i was writing at the pace i started at. but my progress has slowed down to a halt due to writers block. even worse what i do write feels like kindergarten scribble compared to what i was writing.

I just scrapped a bathroom blowjob scene because i could not write it in a way that didn't sound like shit for the life of me.

What i think i'm going to do for my own sanity is write everything in for the main girl that the game is focused around. then write in the alternate routes like for the futanari after the release if i haven't moved on to a new project.
Do you plan out the routes' plots and write synopses before you start writing?

Sep 22, 2021
Right, that could work but I'd suggest breaking stages 2 and 3 up in smaller updates where you:
- focus on 1 route or 2 or 3 closely related routes with the fetishes you love and the priority is on completing those first
- work on 3 or 4 routes, again with fetishes you prefer in stage 2 and the goal is to complete those first

Do you plan out the routes' plots and write synopses before you start writing?
I may release smaller updates, but i'm unsure how difficult it will be to upload to f95. if it is a hassle i'm gonna go for very big updates very far apart.

I have a general idea of character interactions, key events, and endings. but i don't know the exact words or scenes, i just kinda wing it when i get there. for example i know i want a murder to be a key event near the end of the game, but i don't really know how i'm gonna write any of the dialogue or describe the scenes yet.

My main struggle is describing things, my brain works in a very anime scene kinda way and in anime you rarely describe anything because you just show it to the viewer. this is particularly important for sex scenes in a hentai game without animations, i wish i could write sex scenes like monster girl dreams... in the early days he didn't have scenes at all just text and sprites but he still wrote a good hentai game. frankly i'm not that skilled... at least not yet. i take inspiration from a lot of VN but monster girl dreams is probably what i look up to the most, he is able to do so much with so little.