Whats your number one reason for not supporting a game

Whats your number one reason for not supporting a game

• Total voters

Uglyvirgin

Mar 9, 2018
I'd have to say laziness. I'm one of the few miserable people here who actually likes RPGMaker games, but holy hell do I despise it when they use the default sprites. For DAZ renpy games I'd like to see the artist taking the composition and lighting into account while avoiding static poses and having consistency in the style of the ui.

LoneKaiser

Dec 10, 2017
Partially because I fear that it might not be finished, finished because unless it has an update schedule that it actually follows, it feels like a waste of money.

If a game updates (for example) once a month, and I enjoy the content, I have no issue with supporting it.
If I enjoy the content, but the game updates completely randomly (ranging from, for example, twice a month to maybe once every four months), I don't support it.
If the game updates on a regular basis, but lacks content I like, I don't support it.

Condemned77

Jul 14, 2017
Of course it's money. I can't support all games I like. And if game is not good, I don't even think about supporting it. So it's easy.
If you liked a game but didnt have the money would you be willing to watch a few ads so the creator could get some income?
For example if the creator did a quick youtube video and posted the link with his game.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I chose available fetishes, but I really mean MY fetishes. not a collection of random crap with one or two things I like. the absolutely first requirement is that the point of the plot must revolve around my stuff, not something irrelevant to me. I can like a well done game that only brushes on my interests, but I'm not gonna give money for it.

which means I'm not gonna support a game revolving around basketball, mafia, becoming famous or a secret super agent no matter how well they're done. I'm far less concerned even with the quality than it being about something interesting to ME. spitting out 40 tags is not gonna make it for me. 'deep characters' are not gonna make it for me. 'original story' is not gonna make it for me. good renders are not gonna make it.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
IF I really like the game, IF I can see some positive behaviour from the dev regarding communication, regular updates, average quality/past works (if any), clear ideas about what he/she wants to do with the game (I mean, do I sense it's a story with an already planned ending or just an eternal work in progress?), then I would start to consider making a pledge. But IF I see Dev is already doing ok on the financial side, then my money is not needed there.

mrmcfappen

Sep 10, 2019
Lack of money is my reason.
Also, it seems to me all other options in the survey, maybe with the exception of the first one, (game won't finish) are redundant. After all, they imply person not really liking/enjoying the game and why would anyone support something they don't enjoy?

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Noob devs, in the past I've supported early and been burnt several times so I now require that a dev has consistently delivered on their promises for 12 months before I will even consider pledging (if a dev opts for the per creation model or pauses payments when they have to miss a deadline I'm more forgiving)

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
When I see threads like this one.

No offense but the amount of threads asking what things would/wouldn't make you support a dev has been increasing lately and I know for sure that it will keep increasing for a long time but every time I see a dev/wanna be dev making one of these the first thing that I think is "this guy is here for the money, he doesn't care about this genre".

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
If a game doesn't have animated H-scenes, I won't even try it. If the H-scenes don't have ass angles, I won't even try it.

Corvo Bianco

Aug 1, 2019
Because when you see some of the biggest game's dev here with 20K/month and they don't finish their game it's not right for the guy who support them.
This is called "game as a service" business model, and it is fine as long as they update their games regularly. A lof of "normal" games follow this route (World of Warcraft, Warframe, Destiny, etc.). Those devs don't plan to ever "finish" their games. As long as people are playing and paying, the devs are pumping out fresh updates.

May 27, 2020
This is called "game as a service" business model, and it is fine as long as they update their games regularly. A lof of "normal" games follow this route (World of Warcraft, Warframe, Destiny, etc.). Those devs don't plan to ever "finish" their games. As long as people are playing and paying, the devs are pumping out fresh updates.
That's not what people want to see some big devs milking their patrons just for money that's not cool.

So why are we pay them if they will never finish their games?? If i support a dev here that's i'll know the game will finished like man of the house for example but if we're aware that they'll never finish their games why paying them for something that will never see "complete"...