What's your preference? Male or Female Protagonist Games?

What's your preference? Male or Female Protagonist Games

• Total voters

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Many fem-protag games feature their heroines in the position of submission, tho. Most Japanese (and probably Western, but not sure of this) RPGs have the defeat-sex scenarios. Fem-protag being raped or placed into not-strictly-speaking-rape-but-if-you-really-think-about-it-it-absolutely-is situations is very common. So I'd say the players are still mostly male.

Before starting my current game I was thinking about making a sex-positive fem-protag game, with main character having sex because she wants to. Didn't happen for a number of reasons, still want to return to this some day, though. Actually, now I wonder how many sex-positive fem-protag games there actually are out there...

Reactions: GracelessLamb

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
I voted other, becouse i like games (with a lots choises) Female Protanogist and Futa Protagonist. I love the game when I can and choise action to make, or whaever I prefer, becouse that kind of games ar my favorits. Captain Lance, Good Girl Gone Bad and others

Reactions: Namco15

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
the protagonist can be any thing for me (except futa) Male female fantasy ie vampire witch ogre orc whatever. The big thing for me is the story has to be engaging

GracelessLamb

Oct 20, 2019
I noticed that there's a lot more female protagonist games now. Are more females playing hentai games or what?
bold of you to assume they're written for females to play. It's a female protagonist from the male perspective if that makes any sense. There's definitely a voyeuristic sleaze aura around these games that kinda creeps me out a bit tbh. There are some games that avoid these pitfalls but they're pretty few and far in between. I get the feeling the influx in female mc games is some sort of sexual harassment fetish that really isn't all that sexy esp since the harasser's are faceless and implied to be super gross. To each their own I guess.

Though the male protag games aren't any better ngl. Most MCs suffer from 'no personality' syndrome or 'same personality' syndrome in the female protag's case.

Many fem-protag games feature their heroines in the position of submission, tho. Most Japanese (and probably Western, but not sure of this) RPGs have the defeat-sex scenarios. Fem-protag being raped or placed into not-strictly-speaking-rape-but-if-you-really-think-about-it-it-absolutely-is situations is very common. So I'd say the players are still mostly male.

Before starting my current game I was thinking about making a sex-positive fem-protag game, with main character having sex because she wants to. Didn't happen for a number of reasons, still want to return to this some day, though. Actually, now I wonder how many sex-positive fem-protag games there actually are out there...
my dude I would play it in a heartbeat if you decided to follow through with it. Gimme a female sex positive adult game. Ladies do have a sex drive despite what society says.

Dec 29, 2018
Gimme a female sex positive adult game. Ladies do have a sex drive despite what society says.
I'm planning on making a sex-positive female protagonist game, but I honestly don't know what goes on in a woman's mind when it comes to sex . Men are simple, just show a guy a pair of tits or ass and he'll be ready to go.

GracelessLamb

Oct 20, 2019
I'm planning on making a sex-positive female protagonist game, but I honestly don't know what goes on in a woman's mind when it comes to sex . Men are simple, just show a guy a pair of tits or ass and he'll be ready to go.
well I don't claim to speak for all women, but if you need a consultant, I'm your gal.

And it takes a little more than ass for us. We gotta provide lubrication for the deed all by ourselves y'know. That takes coaxing, though depending on the place coaxed, it doesn't take long I'm just sayin'

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018
well I don't claim to speak for all women, but if you need a consultant, I'm your gal.

And it takes a little more than ass for us. We gotta provide lubrication for the deed all by ourselves y'know. That takes coaxing, though depending on the place coaxed, it doesn't take long I'm just sayin'
I sent you a PM

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
You have the impression that most games with femdom are sissy or transformational games. Personally, I find it a great pity.
I would like to have a game in which there is a strong female heroine who uses mind and sexuality as a weapon.
Examples would be mafia games. Cliché, men are the bosses. So how does a woman make it to the top? How can she use intrigues and sexual acts to increase her power to establish herself as a boss.
Or take a high manager position. How does a woman manage to get to the top? Is she sleeping up? Does she use her charisma to induce subordinates to actions that bring her benefits?
Does she buy a whore in order to blackmail her boss with appropriate photos?

So I'm thinking of a real Bitch who does everything to consolidate her position. If necessary, to sleep with a business partner for an alliance against another business partner. But will she be blackmailed or will she use the affair to blackmail her lover later?

GracelessLamb

Oct 20, 2019
You have the impression that most games with femdom are sissy or transformational games. Personally, I find it a great pity.
I would like to have a game in which there is a strong female heroine who uses mind and sexuality as a weapon.
Examples would be mafia games. Cliché, men are the bosses. So how does a woman make it to the top? How can she use intrigues and sexual acts to increase her power to establish herself as a boss.
Or take a high manager position. How does a woman manage to get to the top? Is she sleeping up? Does she use her charisma to induce subordinates to actions that bring her benefits?
Does she buy a whore in order to blackmail her boss with appropriate photos?

So I'm thinking of a real Bitch who does everything to consolidate her position. If necessary, to sleep with a business partner for an alliance against another business partner. But will she be blackmailed or will she use the affair to blackmail her lover later?
Adult games need more bitch heroines. Being a bitch while manipulating everyone around you with sex sounds like such a fun concept.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I generally prefer a straight male main character. The exception would be if the game is focused on the main character being cheated on. In that scenario I prefer a female main character. Don't really care if she's straight, bi, or lesbo but for flexibility sake bi is probably easiest.

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
Male or female... Why not choose both? Gonna take a lotta work tho but if ya manage t'pull it off, youll have bigger player base than with just 1 protagonist

Reactions: Namco15
Sep 20, 2019
I don't mind about it, but it would be nice to see more males since females are the most common on games, this includes turning the males into females quickly after starting the game and having no way to return back to male again.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I like both personally, with straight only. If I had to chose though I would have to go with Male Protagonist as they usually have a larger cast of females.

GracelessLamb

Oct 20, 2019
You know I’d totally be for a game that was aimed at both male and female players, allowed you to choose your gender, and gave you an equal amount of attractive male and female partners. You can choose to conquer them all or you could just go with your preference. Everyone wins!

(this is my obligatory bisexual post)

Reactions: tombeir and Namco15

Lemon Mint

Twin Maniac
Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
It depends. I prefer playing as a guy in your standard VN, but those losing-means-sex action and RPG games with female protagonists are hella fun as well :LOL: