When you have the option to pick your name in-game, What do you choose?

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
So, I always wondered what other people name there characters in-game? & What's the reasoning for it?
Your own? Some other guy? Completely fictional? XxXPussyDragonslayer69420DeptofSatanXxX?

I can start telling you guys that i can't use my own name in-game, for me i completely freaks me out for some reason.
So i adopted my own In-game persona. As a call "Yuuji". Every game that i have the opportunity to change my name i will add "Yuuji"
For me it feels right, Like it's my second name, as i have been using this for years and now i can't stop literally.

This name didn't pop up randomly because this is the name of my All-time Favorite character from one of my All-time Favorite Visual novel.
&
It's like i fused with person mentally. if you ask why let me explain.
This happened once and i will never forget it.
I will sitting outside and reading some Webtoon on my phone ( ). And my brother started calling a name from a distance, a normal person would react and ask what's wrong but for this was completely opposite.
MY thought was like "who is this "Real name" guy? Can't he answer so i can keep reading, because my name is Yuuji" and then i dropped my phone.. I COMPELTELY had forgotton my own real name for a moment there. Super creepy since then it hasn't happen but it may be because i was focused reading the Webtoon but the thought of me forgetting my name tripped me for days.

So my question is? What do you use & why? If you using your own name that will be self-explanatory but if you use another name than your own, Whats the reaosn? :>

Reactions: Namco15

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Something like "asdasd" because those letters happen to be nearby my left hands fingers when they're resting on the keyboard and a game asks me to input a string of letters.

Reactions: Urusaisenpai

punkmage

Aug 23, 2017
I started out with something like xan (based on some character from aq worlds), then it turned into xed, then zed, and now finally I use Zedde, no clue why I keep changing it just do.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
It depend of the situation and of what I already know about the MC. But I turn with fix names, three male, and two that works both for male and female, that are all pseudonyms from my previous lives.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
Always the same : Ace, Ace Hall.
I am sad. You were halfway to greatness and then somehow misspelled "Ventura" :cry:

On topic:
I usually use characters from my childhood. Cartman or Randy (from south park), Deadpool (from the cartoons, since the movies weren't out back then), or various sith lords from star wars (Revan, Malak, Nihilus). Most of the times though, I end up calling myself "Darkwing", cause if I need to pick a last name as well, I can simply add "Cuck"

Also, Darkwing Duck was an awesome cartoon.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I just use Red since it's simple and works for both genders.

If it starts asking about naming others and relations I delete it.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
I always go with "Hero". Seems generic enough. It (and my username) actually comes from a line I snagged from a sample of game development code:
JavaScript:
heroReady = false;
I might not be the best coder in the world, but isn't the statement "false" usually represented by a value of 0?

So if you wanted to be "heroReady = false" then shouldn't your name be "heroready0" instead of "06" at the end? :unsure:

t727

Jan 4, 2018
I might not be the best coder in the world, but isn't the statement "false" usually represented by a value of 0?

So if you wanted to be "heroReady = false" then shouldn't your name be "heroready0" instead of "06" at the end? :unsure:
Erm, this would me he isn't ready.
Perhaps something happens later on which switches false to true, indicating the hero is ready.

Sorry, OT